Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95432 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 11:06 - Jun 14 with 2979 views2Thomas2Bowles

I guess there won't be any Gov emergency fund just let the public raise money

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 11:10 - Jun 14 with 2960 viewscolinallcars

A&E at Charing Cross hospital are currently turning away people unless they have really serious problems in anticipation of further casualties coming from North Kensington. God bless all the emergency service people who are working so hard on this tragedy.
Latimer Road on 11:14 - Jun 14 with 2934 viewscolinallcars

Latimer Road on 09:24 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Mr soundbite useless git

To be fair, you'd expect the Mayor to make a statement.
Latimer Road on 11:15 - Jun 14 with 2921 viewsBrightonhoop

Latimer Road on 10:59 - Jun 14 by Boston

I read here and elsewhere that the cause is a refrigerator fire / explosion. That would indicate the problem would have been with Isobutane, the gas used in the cooling system. I'm under the impression that this type of incident is possible in all modern day fridges.

It is. For anyone not aware, with a new friedge or moving an old fridge, move it to position and DO NOT plug it in for 24 hours whilst the fridge gasses settle.

Absolutely awful, should not be happening in London in 2017, or anywhere in the UK. Savage cuts in the name of asuterity to the Fire Brigade and local councils, relaxing of standards on fit for habitation and rapacious developers chasing profit.

Completely preventable. Standby for the whitewash.
Latimer Road on 11:19 - Jun 14 with 2885 views2Thomas2Bowles

6 dead so far

Latimer Road on 11:21 - Jun 14 with 2869 viewsBklynRanger

That local resident (Piers) on the BBC now - did a very good job.
Latimer Road on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 2857 viewsloftboy

Latimer Road on 11:19 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

6 dead so far

And god knows how many in the upper floors that haven't been reached yet. Can't think of a worse way to pass on.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Latimer Road on 11:23 - Jun 14 with 2846 viewsBrightonhoop

Latimer Road on 11:19 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

6 dead so far

Just terrible. Some saying alot of undocumented immigrants crammed into some flats.
Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 11:28 - Jun 14 with 2821 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 10:02 - Jun 14 by richranger

from Tony Fernandes

Tragic what I'm seeing in North Kensington. @QPRFC will do whatever it can to help. My thoughts to all. Really sad

I have asked @QPRFC lee hoos to see if loftus road could be used a relief centre . Our community team will be mobilised. We will do whatever

Good Man Tony,well tweeted.

#HesTweetedTheRightThingUsefullyAndQuickly
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 12:16]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Latimer Road on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 2803 viewsloftboy

Latimer Road on 11:23 - Jun 14 by Brightonhoop

Just terrible. Some saying alot of undocumented immigrants crammed into some flats.

It will be a logistical nightmare, bound to be some reported missing who are on holiday somewhere, people who are away for the night and as you say people who are staying anonymously without permission.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Latimer Road on 11:31 - Jun 14 with 2789 viewslondonscottish

Latimer Road on 11:22 - Jun 14 by loftboy

And god knows how many in the upper floors that haven't been reached yet. Can't think of a worse way to pass on.

Reports I'm hearing suggest that the firefighters may have managed to get as high as the 16th floor. No idea if that's true or not but if it is they all deserve f*ckin medals

Still 8 more floors above that though.

F*ck this is awful.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Latimer Road on 11:31 - Jun 14 with 2773 viewsessextaxiboy

Latimer Road on 11:15 - Jun 14 by Brightonhoop

It is. For anyone not aware, with a new friedge or moving an old fridge, move it to position and DO NOT plug it in for 24 hours whilst the fridge gasses settle.

Absolutely awful, should not be happening in London in 2017, or anywhere in the UK. Savage cuts in the name of asuterity to the Fire Brigade and local councils, relaxing of standards on fit for habitation and rapacious developers chasing profit.

Thanks for your first paragraph , I didnt know that . My middle boy is moving in 3 weeks time with his partner and 2 year old . I will pass that on as a "Dad" fact .

Bit early for blame IMO , but some questions should be asked before calling it as and accident for sure .
Latimer Road on 11:36 - Jun 14 with 2737 viewsBoston

Anyone in contact with Andy (Insom), isn't that his building?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 11:41 - Jun 14 with 2707 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Latimer Road on 11:15 - Jun 14 by Brightonhoop

It does sound that a scandal is afoot. Proper nightmare this! Sorry for all involved.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Latimer Road on 11:41 - Jun 14 with 2699 viewstraininvain

Latimer Road on 11:14 - Jun 14 by colinallcars

To be fair, you'd expect the Mayor to make a statement.

Damned if he does and damned if he don't.

The knives have been sharpened for our Mayor for various reasons and unfortunately people will always look for an opportunity to dig him out.
Latimer Road on 11:47 - Jun 14 with 2648 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fire expert saying cladding cleary played apart but also there looks to be a failing with fire doors

Latimer Road on 11:48 - Jun 14 with 2638 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 10:43 - Jun 14 by Northernr

You watching Victoria Derbyshire? I think she's doing a great job. Incredibly difficult one to cover and manage this.

Think he means (Lesbian,not that that matters a duck) Newsreader Jane Hill on BBC 1 .
My bete noire on the Ladbroke Grove pub scene is fellow middle class cyclist but Chelski fan Piers Thompson,a hipster Portobello Radio DJ and left-wing community activist with requisite hipster shades and husky voice operating out of i.e. running Portobello Radio station at The KPH 139 Lad Grove (before recent closure for refurbishment & redevelopment) made an excellent informed local eyewitness talking to Jane Hill about half an hour ago.
One of his daughter's friends might be dead. Spot on post earlier on this thread by our man with the rapidly-formed questioning journalistic instincts,Our Northernr Clive.

All his concerns had been voiced to RBK&C by Piers
Thompson and many other local residents repeatedly for a long time.

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 12:20]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Latimer Road on 11:49 - Jun 14 with 2625 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 11:41 - Jun 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

It does sound that a scandal is afoot. Proper nightmare this! Sorry for all involved.

Yeh everything you hear this morning makes this sound more and more scandalous. Residents had petitioned the council about how unsafe the block was. £10m refit covering the building in a flammable material. The building should be able to contain fire within a flat and didn't. Starewell should be able to keep clear for 30 minutes to get everybody out and yet was immediately smoke logged. Only one way in or out. Residents previously advised to just stay in their flats in a fire. There's a lot of very murky sht going to be uncovered here.
Latimer Road on 11:51 - Jun 14 with 2610 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Latimer Road on 11:41 - Jun 14 by traininvain

Damned if he does and damned if he don't.

The knives have been sharpened for our Mayor for various reasons and unfortunately people will always look for an opportunity to dig him out.

It's a bloody big difficult job that. Mayor of London. Not many people could do it. Even less would want to. I think he's doing ok

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Latimer Road on 11:56 - Jun 14 with 2558 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 11:21 - Jun 14 by BklynRanger

That local resident (Piers) on the BBC now - did a very good job.

Chelski fan Piers Thompson with the shades and husky voice speaking to Jane Hill stood up to the plate eloquent and did very well indeed.

The best witness is rapidly eloquent informed yet funny too angry working-class Mickey Paramasivan with his genuine Notting Dale manor born accent on BBC1. JH: "where are you going to sleep tonight?" Mike: "Dunno..up that tree(points)?" Mike: "Don't want to be left up the grand union canal without a paddle".
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 12:48]

Latimer Road on 11:58 - Jun 14 with 2539 viewsjohncharles

Latimer Road on 11:30 - Jun 14 by loftboy

It will be a logistical nightmare, bound to be some reported missing who are on holiday somewhere, people who are away for the night and as you say people who are staying anonymously without permission.

Even totally legitimate people will have lost their passports, insurance documents, bank cards, bank details etc. A logistical nightmare.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 12:00 - Jun 14 with 2525 viewsBrightonhoop

Latimer Road on 11:31 - Jun 14 by essextaxiboy

Thanks for your first paragraph , I didnt know that . My middle boy is moving in 3 weeks time with his partner and 2 year old . I will pass that on as a "Dad" fact .

Bit early for blame IMO , but some questions should be asked before calling it as and accident for sure .

'Dad facts.'I like that. Hope your boys move goes well.

In the interests of decency I wont put the links up but 72 MP's who voted down improvements to housing law and protections for the population were also Landlords. Not to mention the cuts to Local Councils and Fire Brigade. It's political whether we like it or not.

Thank God for the Fire Brigade that still remains.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 12:30]
Latimer Road on 12:01 - Jun 14 with 2510 viewstraininvain

Latimer Road on 11:51 - Jun 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

It's a bloody big difficult job that. Mayor of London. Not many people could do it. Even less would want to. I think he's doing ok

Agreed.
Latimer Road on 12:05 - Jun 14 with 2486 views2Thomas2Bowles

May get a public enquiry in oh.... 10 years

Latimer Road on 12:12 - Jun 14 with 2428 viewsBrightonhoop

Some of the tweets about mssing persons are just heart breaking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024