Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95622 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 12:29 - Jun 14 with 3492 viewsJamesB1979

I don't know what the rules and regulations are but surely having a working and loud fire alarm system must be a legal requirement!?
Latimer Road on 12:29 - Jun 14 with 3491 viewstraininvain

Looks like the truth is emerging very quickly thanks to social media. Years ago this would've been covered up and blamed on the residents.

Have to wonder how different the reporting of Hillsborough would have been with the internet, social media etc.
Latimer Road on 12:30 - Jun 14 with 3473 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 12:29 - Jun 14 by traininvain

Looks like the truth is emerging very quickly thanks to social media. Years ago this would've been covered up and blamed on the residents.

Have to wonder how different the reporting of Hillsborough would have been with the internet, social media etc.

According to the industry publication Construction Enquirer, the company that carried out the cladding work on Grenfell Tower went into administration shortly after completing the work.

Harley Curtain Wall carried out the £3m project in 2015.

That's them blamed but off the hook
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 12:32]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 12:34 - Jun 14 with 3450 viewsozexile

I don't think so. Insolvency of a company won't stop the directors of that company being held accountable I think.
Latimer Road on 12:36 - Jun 14 with 3429 viewszicoshoops

Latimer Road on 10:13 - Jun 14 by Northernr

That is just an unimaginable nightmare isn't it, middle of the night, at that speed. Fcking hell. Poor bstrds.

Only one escape, fire alarms didn't go off, dry risers didn't work, residents previously told that if it does catch fire just stay in your flat with the door closed, several blogs online written months ago saying it was an absolute death trap and fire hazards had been repeatedly reported and ignored... this is going to be another of London's excellent private sector landlords/management companies at work isn't it?

This post has been edited by an administrator

When I lived there 40 odd years ago there were already families trying to transfer out of there.
When the wind blew from the West, the sound through the sides and underneath the front door of the Flat, (even with the windows closed) was like the noise of a Train coming out of a tunnel.

If that hadn't been addressed over the years it's not surprising the flames spread so fast.

I'm not sure of the management of the building now, but Kensington and Chelsea Council built it, and they were running it when I was there.
Latimer Road on 12:45 - Jun 14 with 3346 views2Thomas2Bowles

Imagine if this had been a terrorist attack and the outrage

But we will get no one taking responsibility

Latimer Road on 12:48 - Jun 14 with 3322 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 13:00 - Jun 14 with 3240 views2Thomas2Bowles

Some good news for the tory lead council that wanted to knock the area down and sell off to developers for private housing. I'm sure they will be taking bids now

Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 13:24 - Jun 14 with 3129 viewsBromleyHoop

Latimer Road on 13:00 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Some good news for the tory lead council that wanted to knock the area down and sell off to developers for private housing. I'm sure they will be taking bids now

Give it a rest will you FFS.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Latimer Road on 13:31 - Jun 14 with 3073 viewsNorthernr

LFW - where absolutely everything that happens everywhere quickly gets boiled down to left wing v right wing.
Latimer Road on 13:34 - Jun 14 with 3047 viewsPunteR

Have i read this right..? Please tell me your not using this as an excuse for some Tory bashing..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Latimer Road on 13:36 - Jun 14 with 3025 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 13:34 - Jun 14 by PunteR

Have i read this right..? Please tell me your not using this as an excuse for some Tory bashing..?

Was it Labour then ? the new Labour mp maybe ?

Latimer Road on 13:40 - Jun 14 with 2997 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 13:36 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

For the third time this month I'm asking you to wind your neck in.
Latimer Road on 13:40 - Jun 14 with 2977 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 13:36 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Calm down mate, you're coming over like you've short circuited.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 13:41 - Jun 14 with 2970 viewsjohncharles

Kensington and Chelsea Council would have had to make a final inspection before the works were signed off. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 13:47 - Jun 14 with 2922 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 13:41 - Jun 14 by johncharles

Kensington and Chelsea Council would have had to make a final inspection before the works were signed off. The buck has to stop somewhere.

...now you have stepped into my world. There will be far more professionally qualified people than members of a Borough Council who bear responsibility for approving the integrity of structure and materials used in this type of construction.

Latimer Road on 13:47 - Jun 14 with 2926 viewsDesertBoot

A resident on BBC News said new kitchens were fitted in several flats recently but they were done on the cheap and far too quickly.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Latimer Road on 13:49 - Jun 14 with 2919 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 13:41 - Jun 14 by johncharles

Yes but try to spot the subtle difference between saying they're negligent, saying they've cut corners, saying they housed people in a death trap etc and saying they deliberately made this building a fire hazard in the hope it would burn down so they can redevelop the land.

I am going to start suspending accounts if this rabid left and right wing bolox continues to spill over into wild conspiracy theories and things that are not legally safe to have on here.
Latimer Road on 13:54 - Jun 14 with 2876 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 13:47 - Jun 14 by DesertBoot

A resident on BBC News said new kitchens were fitted in several flats recently but they were done on the cheap and far too quickly.

If a quick cheap kitchen fitting were a problem, you would have wiped out half the IKEA adoring luvvies in the Home Counties.

Latimer Road on 13:57 - Jun 14 with 2855 viewsBoston

Does anyone Know the whereabouts of Andy O'Rourke, season ticket holder in HU? Fcking sure that's where he lives.

Latimer Road on 14:05 - Jun 14 with 2806 viewsHayesender

Just read that they don't think anyone on the top three floors survived. Horrific 😢

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Latimer Road on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 2772 viewsdontknowitall

Latimer Road on 13:57 - Jun 14 by Boston

Does anyone Know the whereabouts of Andy O'Rourke, season ticket holder in HU? Fcking sure that's where he lives.

Apparently JJB has spoken to Andy (Insom) and he is ok. Lives opposite but not actually in Grenfell
Latimer Road on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 2768 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 13:49 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Yes but try to spot the subtle difference between saying they're negligent, saying they've cut corners, saying they housed people in a death trap etc and saying they deliberately made this building a fire hazard in the hope it would burn down so they can redevelop the land.

I am going to start suspending accounts if this rabid left and right wing bolox continues to spill over into wild conspiracy theories and things that are not legally safe to have on here.

I never said that.

It is true that they did want to sell it off to be knocked down and private housing build there.

Do you imagine that they will not do that now and build social housing ?

Have a look at what a Labour council have done with the Haygate 5000 residence removed on the promise of new social housing but have only build 79 by the private developers

I bed flats start at £1.2 M

I would be just as critical of K&C if they were Labour but they are a much richer borough

From what I've read the council did not pay for the refurbishment but was paid for by the company doing work on a school

Who gave them that contract and who should take responsibility.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 14:25]

Latimer Road on 14:35 - Jun 14 with 2648 viewsTheChef

Latimer Road on 14:10 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I never said that.

It is true that they did want to sell it off to be knocked down and private housing build there.

Do you imagine that they will not do that now and build social housing ?

Have a look at what a Labour council have done with the Haygate 5000 residence removed on the promise of new social housing but have only build 79 by the private developers

I bed flats start at £1.2 M

I would be just as critical of K&C if they were Labour but they are a much richer borough

From what I've read the council did not pay for the refurbishment but was paid for by the company doing work on a school

Who gave them that contract and who should take responsibility.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 14:25]

Interesting re Heygate:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/every-flat-in-a-new-south-london-development-

This tragic event does open a whole can of worms about the current state of the London property market and attitudes towards current council housing and related land.

Supposedly we're a first world country and people can still die this way? Shameful.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latimer Road on 14:40 - Jun 14 with 2613 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 14:35 - Jun 14 by TheChef

Interesting re Heygate:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/every-flat-in-a-new-south-london-development-

This tragic event does open a whole can of worms about the current state of the London property market and attitudes towards current council housing and related land.

Supposedly we're a first world country and people can still die this way? Shameful.

My figures may be a little off but right in every other aspect .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024