Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95162 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 14:51 - Jun 14 with 3242 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 14:10 - Jun 14 by dontknowitall

Apparently JJB has spoken to Andy (Insom) and he is ok. Lives opposite but not actually in Grenfell

Will he have a story to tell, thanks for the info.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 14:55 - Jun 14 with 3228 viewsconnell10

Rangers have opened the reception on south Africa rd for people wanting to donate items of use for the poor people left without anything, many of which wont be insured! Great gesture from the club!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:00]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Latimer Road on 15:11 - Jun 14 with 3158 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Latimer Road on 13:00 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Some good news for the tory lead council that wanted to knock the area down and sell off to developers for private housing. I'm sure they will be taking bids now

Wow.
Seriously!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:12]
Latimer Road on 15:29 - Jun 14 with 3086 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 15:11 - Jun 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Wow.
Seriously!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:12]

My own little stalker

Bless

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 15:31 - Jun 14 with 3059 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Latimer Road on 15:29 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My own little stalker

Bless

Dream on
Latimer Road on 15:34 - Jun 14 with 3040 viewscolinallcars

Latimer Road on 13:00 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Some good news for the tory lead council that wanted to knock the area down and sell off to developers for private housing. I'm sure they will be taking bids now

They wanted to demolish the flats and "decant" the residents into wherever they could. Decant. What a way to speak of human beings.
Latimer Road on 15:34 - Jun 14 with 3034 viewsthame_hoops

Latimer Road on 15:29 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My own little stalker

Bless

you've sunk too new low's today, even for your own standards. smh
Latimer Road on 15:37 - Jun 14 with 3026 viewsjonno

Latimer Road on 14:10 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I never said that.

It is true that they did want to sell it off to be knocked down and private housing build there.

Do you imagine that they will not do that now and build social housing ?

Have a look at what a Labour council have done with the Haygate 5000 residence removed on the promise of new social housing but have only build 79 by the private developers

I bed flats start at £1.2 M

I would be just as critical of K&C if they were Labour but they are a much richer borough

From what I've read the council did not pay for the refurbishment but was paid for by the company doing work on a school

Who gave them that contract and who should take responsibility.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 14:25]

I think if you look at the figures you will see that actually the Tories have built far more social housing when in power over the last thirty years than Labour have while they ran the country. But this is nothing to do with politics, it will be about cost cutting/saving and incompetence which sadly happens with councils of all political persuasions. Terrible tragedy.
Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 15:42 - Jun 14 with 2989 viewsPhildo

It will also be about building standards. I bet those panels were certified if installed properly. A lot of building kit is sub standard but imported from China with a certificate. It is cheap so no one asks too many questions.

Mate of mine is a senior construction surveyor and does his nut about this. Most London skyscrapers now built with cheap Chinese steel which comes with full safety certificates but when he stands on a piece he can feel it flexing which it most certainly is not supposed to do. Meanwhile the british steel plants are closing.
Latimer Road on 15:42 - Jun 14 with 2989 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 15:34 - Jun 14 by thame_hoops

you've sunk too new low's today, even for your own standards. smh

But not as low as you saying people had posted racist comments when they had not, my other little stalker
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:44]

Latimer Road on 15:52 - Jun 14 with 2916 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 13:40 - Jun 14 by Northernr

For the third time this month I'm asking you to wind your neck in.

2T2B who is posting like an insensitive offensive knob nutcase at a raw grief-filled horrible shocked time.
Get rid of pronto,northernr.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 16:20]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Latimer Road on 16:33 - Jun 14 with 2782 viewscolinallcars

Latimer Road on 15:37 - Jun 14 by jonno

I think if you look at the figures you will see that actually the Tories have built far more social housing when in power over the last thirty years than Labour have while they ran the country. But this is nothing to do with politics, it will be about cost cutting/saving and incompetence which sadly happens with councils of all political persuasions. Terrible tragedy.

Can you now give us the figures of local authority building taking into account the homes sold off by councils since Mrs Thatcher came to power ?
Latimer Road on 16:41 - Jun 14 with 2736 viewsBoston

Confirm previous posters claims concerning Chinese steel, myself and my associates in the USofA have reservations about using it over the Pittsburgh product.
With all due respect to the residents, this property and its ilk should never have been built, let alone refurbished or decanted. Though I totally understand the predicament of housing.

To the retired fireman, or anyone else with knowledge - sprinkler systems, not fitted, not working, not required?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 16:42]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 16:42 - Jun 14 with 2733 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Latimer Road on 15:42 - Jun 14 by Phildo

It will also be about building standards. I bet those panels were certified if installed properly. A lot of building kit is sub standard but imported from China with a certificate. It is cheap so no one asks too many questions.

Mate of mine is a senior construction surveyor and does his nut about this. Most London skyscrapers now built with cheap Chinese steel which comes with full safety certificates but when he stands on a piece he can feel it flexing which it most certainly is not supposed to do. Meanwhile the british steel plants are closing.

I've heard some bad things about the St Mark's Square development in Bromley. Apparently everyone involved has either gone bankrupt or lost £millions on it. The guy I was talking too was a building surveyor on it. All he could say was "now Bromley is stuck with a great big building in the middle of it".

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:07]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Latimer Road on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 2712 viewsGroveR

I'm Lancaster road born and bred. Thankfully everyone I know living in Lancaster west is safe although some evacuated.

Why don't we cut the political shit for another time lads? Even if you're not a part of west london, west london is a part of you.
Latimer Road on 16:57 - Jun 14 with 2658 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not political, just the way it is.

The guy Micky ? that said about sleeping in a tree has a point , if he stays at a place offered by people trying to help, then the council will not consider him a priority

If he stays in another borough they may not help him at all in W&C

Latimer Road on 16:59 - Jun 14 with 2652 viewsconnell10

Latimer Road on 16:45 - Jun 14 by GroveR

I'm Lancaster road born and bred. Thankfully everyone I know living in Lancaster west is safe although some evacuated.

Why don't we cut the political shit for another time lads? Even if you're not a part of west london, west london is a part of you.

Got to agree on this mate, its time to shut up on the political stuff for a while, i agree that the whole thing stinks but people are in a bad way at the moment , lets think about this at this time.

Latimer Road on 17:00 - Jun 14 with 2638 viewsconnell10

Latimer Road on 16:57 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not political, just the way it is.

The guy Micky ? that said about sleeping in a tree has a point , if he stays at a place offered by people trying to help, then the council will not consider him a priority

If he stays in another borough they may not help him at all in W&C

Im with you on a lot of stuff you post mate and i like how you fight your corner, but enough is enough for now!

Latimer Road on 17:02 - Jun 14 with 2634 viewsPunteR

Latimer Road on 16:59 - Jun 14 by connell10

Got to agree on this mate, its time to shut up on the political stuff for a while, i agree that the whole thing stinks but people are in a bad way at the moment , lets think about this at this time.

Yeh definitely.. plenty other threads to talk politics.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Latimer Road on 17:05 - Jun 14 with 2610 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 17:00 - Jun 14 by connell10

Im with you on a lot of stuff you post mate and i like how you fight your corner, but enough is enough for now!

Ok but 12 dead now

Latimer Road on 17:13 - Jun 14 with 2548 viewsconnell10

Latimer Road on 17:05 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok but 12 dead now

I know and its heartbreaking, there will be plenty of time in the coming days for those responsible for this disaster to be held to account , but just for now lets have some peace and harmony!

Latimer Road on 17:34 - Jun 14 with 2426 viewsjohncharles

Latimer Road on 15:42 - Jun 14 by Phildo

I worked in the timber trade for years and I can confirm that the market is flooded with cheap Chinese plywood, most of bearing the BS marks but nowhere near the correct quality. Fire check doors are made of ply with a fireretardent chipboard core (Chinese ?) 1/2 hour fire check doors also have to properly fitted with stainless steel hinges and overhead closers. There are much cheaper alternatives out there.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 17:35 - Jun 14 with 2423 viewsMedwayR

Latimer Road on 16:41 - Jun 14 by Boston

Confirm previous posters claims concerning Chinese steel, myself and my associates in the USofA have reservations about using it over the Pittsburgh product.
With all due respect to the residents, this property and its ilk should never have been built, let alone refurbished or decanted. Though I totally understand the predicament of housing.

To the retired fireman, or anyone else with knowledge - sprinkler systems, not fitted, not working, not required?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 16:42]

As far as I'm aware sprinkler systems were not fitted and also not required, only required in new builds.

So following a similar incident 8 years ago where 6 people died I believe that there was a review which identified (4000?) tower blocks at risk of the same, and nothing was done about them.

No requirement for sprinklers in these outdated buildings, no requirement for more than one escape route. So this place at Latimer Road had no sprinklers & only one escape route, seems the fire alarm system didn't work, seems the dry riser didn't work or the fire brigade couldn't get access to it, a lack of water pressure didn't help, there had been power surges in the building which had blown tenants appliances, the tenants had raised concerns multiple times but were ignored, and it seems that during this refurbishment instead of dealing with safety issues they wrapped the building in cladding which helped the fire spread.

This is literally the stuff of nightmares, no way should this be happening in a 21st century developed country. Are they going to do something about other tower blocks now or just ignore it again. I believe that there are 4 other similar/identical tower blocks nearby, I can't imagine their residents will be sleeping much tonight or for the foreseeable future.

This can't be allowed to happen again, it makes me both sad and angry. I hope those affected recover and that the death toll doesn't rise, although sadly I expect it will and possibly significantly. RIP.

Poll: Who’s better?

Latimer Road on 17:35 - Jun 14 with 2421 viewsswitchingcode

Latimer Road on 14:55 - Jun 14 by connell10

Rangers have opened the reception on south Africa rd for people wanting to donate items of use for the poor people left without anything, many of which wont be insured! Great gesture from the club!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:00]

Nice touch,well done the club
Latimer Road on 17:36 - Jun 14 with 2417 viewstraininvain

Latimer Road on 17:05 - Jun 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok but 12 dead now

And please give it a rest with the death toll count. People have access to the news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024