Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge 22:32 - Jun 14 with 2436 viewsSimonJames

Apparently finishing 8th in the PL is just not good enough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40051080

100% of people who drink water will die.

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 22:40 - Jun 14 with 2420 viewskingsburyR

Throw in a cup final!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 23:51 - Jun 14 with 2327 viewsdaveB

even though they finished 8th they were crap in the second half of the season, i think that final position says more about the state of the league than how well he did
Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 23:55 - Jun 14 with 2319 viewsNorthernr

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 23:51 - Jun 14 by daveB

even though they finished 8th they were crap in the second half of the season, i think that final position says more about the state of the league than how well he did

Still, eighth and a cup final, after all their player sales, with Charlie Austin injured for the whole second half of the season, not bad for bloody Southampton is it?

Bit cnty to bury the news by slinging it out at 10pm tonight with everything that's going on as well.
Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 00:37 - Jun 15 with 2288 viewsLythamR

So much money in the premiership now, previously sacking a manager was a bigger deal financially but now paying of a managers contract is small potatoes compared to income

an easy way to appease fans and players, its not good but its the way its going to be at least until the bottom falls out of the premier league gravy train.
Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 07:08 - Jun 15 with 2203 viewsdaveB

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 23:55 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Still, eighth and a cup final, after all their player sales, with Charlie Austin injured for the whole second half of the season, not bad for bloody Southampton is it?

Bit cnty to bury the news by slinging it out at 10pm tonight with everything that's going on as well.

yeah i wouldn't say it was a sackable offence, we can only dream of a season that bad but it wasn't a great shock, fans never seemed to take to him
Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 07:37 - Jun 15 with 2171 viewsdavman

Then again, if you get the rest of the club 'right', maybe the Manager isn't that important? In the same way we have religiously got the club wrong, maybe the Manager is no longer that important?

Soton are in a strange position; they won't go down and won't finish any higher up the league, so can afford to try someone else. And, if they have any doubts, now is the best time to change rather once the window has smashed open (!) and pre-season is yet to start.

Always interests me that a club can sack a manager, but not players...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 08:30 - Jun 15 with 2103 viewspaulparker

I really hope this comes and bites them on the arse I don't get who Soton or Watford think they are ? chopping a manager every season because getting to Europe and cup finals isn't good enough ? jesus I remember these nothing clubs in the 80's and 90's and they were tinpot now they think they are pioneers of the game (it doesn't fit the project etc ) even when they get to Europe they t0ss it off and get knocked out by a Bulgarian pub team
they are both lucky that the PL is absolutely dog sh1te from 9th down and they can do this stupid thing of chopping managers likes its the X factor , I only hope Huddersfield & Brighton can stay up and we can get rid of a Watford , West ham , stoke , West brom , Soton who quite frankly bore the t1ts off me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 09:34 - Jun 15 with 2009 viewsPommyhoop

Unbelievable..
Maybe the Shytehawk will return there like a returning conqueror. .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 09:43 - Jun 15 with 1993 viewsdanehoop

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 09:34 - Jun 15 by Pommyhoop

Unbelievable..
Maybe the Shytehawk will return there like a returning conqueror. .

Perhaps Timmy leaving Swindon is linked? Has his sudden availability been the catalyst for Southampton to clear the decks to secure the maestros services.

Never knowingly understood

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 10:12 - Jun 15 with 1954 viewsTacticalR

As part of Southampton's maintenance contract that part of the club has to be replaced every year.

Air hostess clique

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 10:22 - Jun 15 with 1937 viewsDesertBoot

Matt Le Tissier said 8th place and a Cup Final the positives, but 17 points down on last year and a poor Europa League campaign cost him.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 12:37 - Jun 15 with 1853 viewsTacticalR

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 07:37 - Jun 15 by davman

Then again, if you get the rest of the club 'right', maybe the Manager isn't that important? In the same way we have religiously got the club wrong, maybe the Manager is no longer that important?

Soton are in a strange position; they won't go down and won't finish any higher up the league, so can afford to try someone else. And, if they have any doubts, now is the best time to change rather once the window has smashed open (!) and pre-season is yet to start.

Always interests me that a club can sack a manager, but not players...

There's a big difference between changing managers because you want to and changing managers because you have to (because of some crisis).

On the point about sacking players, the idea seems to be that the players are the smoothly purring engine, the manager just checks the oil and buffs up the paintwork.

Air hostess clique

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 12:43 - Jun 15 with 1832 viewsbosh67

I wonder if Garry Monk is kicking himself for not waiting. Perfect team for him but he has a better owner at Boro.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 13:30 - Jun 15 with 1756 viewsJigsore

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 10:22 - Jun 15 by DesertBoot

Matt Le Tissier said 8th place and a Cup Final the positives, but 17 points down on last year and a poor Europa League campaign cost him.

Drab football as well i'm led to believe

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 13:46 - Jun 15 with 1730 viewspaulparker

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 13:30 - Jun 15 by Jigsore

Drab football as well i'm led to believe

Drab football blimey id take that all day long
if they want to know what drab is they should of got a season ticket here the last 3 years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 14:38 - Jun 15 with 1678 viewsPinnerPaul

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 13:46 - Jun 15 by paulparker

Drab football blimey id take that all day long
if they want to know what drab is they should of got a season ticket here the last 3 years

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 16:35 - Jun 15 with 1597 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think they've been defying gravity for sometime now. They do have a good yoot system but as they constantly sell their best players, how they manage to keep it together is as much a mystery as it is impressive.

But when they fall, I suspect it will be a bloody big fall!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 09:26 - Jun 16 with 1438 viewssmegma

Southampton sack manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge on 16:35 - Jun 15 by PlanetHonneywood

I think they've been defying gravity for sometime now. They do have a good yoot system but as they constantly sell their best players, how they manage to keep it together is as much a mystery as it is impressive.

But when they fall, I suspect it will be a bloody big fall!

They were in League 1 not so long ago. I'd love us to defy gravity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024