Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque 01:52 - Jun 19 with 12552 viewsHooped_Pullie

News just breaking that one man in a white van has driven into a crowd leaving night prayers at Finsbury Park Mosque. Reports of at least three dead and many injuries. The man has been arrested amid angry scenes.

Britain's long summer of misery continues.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:51 - Jun 19 with 3043 viewsJamesB1979

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:26 - Jun 19 by TheChef

Apparently on Facebook it does.

No one minute's silence for the Grenfell victims that I've noticed (yet). And yet for the recent, er, terrorist attacks, I don't know how many there were.

There's a 1 minute silence today. Let's deal in facts not make things up to prove a point.
Not sure what you mean by "recent, er, terroist attacks".
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:54 - Jun 19 with 3031 viewsTheChef

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:45 - Jun 19 by smegma

Do keep up. There's a minutes silence today in remembrance of those lost in Grenfell Tower. But don't let the facts etc....
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 9:47]

Apologies - missed that one.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:55 - Jun 19 with 3028 viewsTheChef

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:48 - Jun 19 by smegma

Different mosque and the congregation are the victims. But don't let facts etc......

Thanks for clarifying.

Still the same area of London though.

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:13 - Jun 19 with 2984 viewssmegma

And ????? I've lived in Grenford for 21 years. In the first 12 years there were 14 murders within a one mile radius of my front door. 3 of them were shown on Crimewatch. No one would try and link them to anything. And neither should they.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:21 - Jun 19 with 2954 viewsTheChef

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:13 - Jun 19 by smegma

And ????? I've lived in Grenford for 21 years. In the first 12 years there were 14 murders within a one mile radius of my front door. 3 of them were shown on Crimewatch. No one would try and link them to anything. And neither should they.

Sorry, just with all these events happening in quick succession, something doesn't add up to me.

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:55 - Jun 19 with 2879 viewssmegma

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:21 - Jun 19 by TheChef

Sorry, just with all these events happening in quick succession, something doesn't add up to me.

Why does it have to add up. Abu Hamza is long gone. This other mosque nearby has nothing to do with any firebrand preachers whatsoever. An elderly man, who had exited the mosque, had a heart attack on the pavement. While he was being frantically attended to by passersby trying to save him, a car mounts the pavement and mows down humans and the occupant allegedly screams ' I want to kill all Muslims' .... That's the story I've read.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 10:56 - Jun 19 with 2878 viewsMetallica_Hoop

No one minute's silence for the Grenfell victims that I've noticed (yet). And yet for the recent, er, terrorist attacks, I don't know how many there were.

We had a min silence at Scubs parkrun Saturday as we are the nearest I think.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 11:17 - Jun 19 with 2820 viewsDorse

Don't care who they are, what they believe or where they come from. Anyone who does something like that is a twisted little abortion who deserves everything that's coming to him. Glad they've got him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 2715 viewssimmo

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 09:12 - Jun 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This c unt will claim compensation for being hurt by the "mob"

He wasn't attacked as the Imam protected him and wouldn't let people get at him, that's the report anyway which if true is quite incredible.

Stayed at my mrs last night who lives 2 mins from Finsbury, helicopters overhead all night and this morning.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 2583 viewsBlackCrowe

Thank god they got this piece scum. A mute point - not sure it's a terrorist attack though - that seems to overstate the cause. A warped lowlife committing a horrendous hate crime/revenge attack maybe.

Doesn't make it better or worse of course but calling terrorism gives it a kind of substance for other deranged individuals to latch on to.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 15:19 - Jun 19 with 2401 viewsBluce_Ree

We had one in work for the Grenfell thing. And I work up in Liverpool.

So I guess it's a big enough deal.

These silences are coming thick and fast.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 15:55 - Jun 19 with 2305 viewsdanehoop

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 15:19 - Jun 19 by Bluce_Ree

We had one in work for the Grenfell thing. And I work up in Liverpool.

So I guess it's a big enough deal.

These silences are coming thick and fast.

Queens Trooping of the Colour on Saturday held 1 minutes silence for Grenfell.

Never knowingly understood

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:14 - Jun 19 with 2258 viewsessextaxiboy

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 13:34 - Jun 19 by BlackCrowe

Thank god they got this piece scum. A mute point - not sure it's a terrorist attack though - that seems to overstate the cause. A warped lowlife committing a horrendous hate crime/revenge attack maybe.

Doesn't make it better or worse of course but calling terrorism gives it a kind of substance for other deranged individuals to latch on to.

I agree, terrorism suggests a cause however warped and an idealism .

This seems like ignorant islamaphobic perceived revenge to me .

Admirable restraint from the crowd , they could be forgiven for kicking the sh*t out of him.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:35 - Jun 19 with 2206 viewstraininvain

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:14 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

I agree, terrorism suggests a cause however warped and an idealism .

This seems like ignorant islamaphobic perceived revenge to me .

Admirable restraint from the crowd , they could be forgiven for kicking the sh*t out of him.

The danger is you devalue the crime by calling it a hate crime and not terrorism.

There is a risk that peaceful Muslims will feel that it's one rule if some nutter shouts 'Islam' during an attack and another for a white guy saying 'kill all Muslims'.

Last thing the country needs right now is more division so surely it's better just to call it a terrorist attack.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:57 - Jun 19 with 2163 viewsessextaxiboy

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:35 - Jun 19 by traininvain

The danger is you devalue the crime by calling it a hate crime and not terrorism.

There is a risk that peaceful Muslims will feel that it's one rule if some nutter shouts 'Islam' during an attack and another for a white guy saying 'kill all Muslims'.

Last thing the country needs right now is more division so surely it's better just to call it a terrorist attack.

I take your point, as you say unity is the most important thing but every definition of terrorism I can find says that it has a political motive .
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:04 - Jun 19 with 2138 viewsvanrrrr

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 16:57 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

I take your point, as you say unity is the most important thing but every definition of terrorism I can find says that it has a political motive .

In the US, the FBI defines terrorism as follows ‘the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives'

The social point is important one in this day and age where nutjobs like ISIL are trying to create social division rather than a political change like in the 70/s/80/s The same with this nutter it seems..... so under this definition I think right to call it a terrorist act
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:08 - Jun 19 with 2125 views1BobbyHazell

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:04 - Jun 19 by vanrrrr

In the US, the FBI defines terrorism as follows ‘the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives'

The social point is important one in this day and age where nutjobs like ISIL are trying to create social division rather than a political change like in the 70/s/80/s The same with this nutter it seems..... so under this definition I think right to call it a terrorist act

True, although it also means that the FBI considers 95% of American military policy to be terrorism!
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:24 - Jun 19 with 2082 viewskensalriser

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:08 - Jun 19 by 1BobbyHazell

True, although it also means that the FBI considers 95% of American military policy to be terrorism!

State-sponsored terrorism is the most reprehensible of all.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:24 - Jun 19 with 2080 viewsTacticalR

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:08 - Jun 19 by 1BobbyHazell

A good point that has been overlooked in the numerous discussions about violence.

Air hostess clique

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:27 - Jun 19 with 2069 viewsvanrrrr

The FBI have identified white right wing extremists as the most dangerous internal threat and, if you believe reports, their planned infiltration of police and law enforcement - a long read

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supre

US administration is however solely focused on islamic terrorism threat for political reasons.
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:46 - Jun 19 with 2026 views18StoneOfHoop

The named assaulter - only suspect police are in search for - Darren Osborne 47 from Cardiff seems at first supposition and first glance very much in the line of right wing looney solo single previous extremists such as
Norwegian Anders Breivik and Jo Cox's assassin Thomas Mair.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 17:49]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:53 - Jun 19 with 1994 viewsessextaxiboy

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:04 - Jun 19 by vanrrrr

Thats in the US .

This crime took place in North London England and the Oxford English Dictionary says

"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 18:04 - Jun 19 with 1964 viewsvanrrrr

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 17:53 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

Thats in the US .

This crime took place in North London England and the Oxford English Dictionary says

"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

i think you will find that the definition in the Terrorism Act 2000 ( which applies to North London, England) . is not a million miles from the FBI definition- in fact even more explicit

The use or threat of action designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public, or a section of the public; made for the purposes of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 18:35 - Jun 19 with 1922 viewsessextaxiboy

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 18:04 - Jun 19 by vanrrrr

i think you will find that the definition in the Terrorism Act 2000 ( which applies to North London, England) . is not a million miles from the FBI definition- in fact even more explicit

The use or threat of action designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public, or a section of the public; made for the purposes of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause

So no mention of social and no evidence yet of a cause so far ..
Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 19:46 - Jun 19 with 1808 viewsjohncharles

Van Driven Into Crowd Outside Finsbury Park Mosque on 12:18 - Jun 19 by simmo

He wasn't attacked as the Imam protected him and wouldn't let people get at him, that's the report anyway which if true is quite incredible.

Stayed at my mrs last night who lives 2 mins from Finsbury, helicopters overhead all night and this morning.

Don't think he got that black eye from the Imam.
But well done all those present for not stringing him up.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024