Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56719 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 12:07 - Jul 3 with 2969 viewsNorthernr

Big Racist John signs for Villa, turns down Redchapp's Money Mountain.
Other Championship transfers on 12:14 - Jul 3 with 2941 viewsdanehoop

See that Villa have signed a 36 year old ex Premiership defender on a free.

I am sure the reason for the player signing for them was his previous undeclared love for the midlands and Britains second city. Not a shed load of cash as wages and a chance to endear himself with a new set of players wives.

Scummy racist that he is.

Never knowingly understood

Other Championship transfers on 12:25 - Jul 3 with 2903 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 12:07 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Big Racist John signs for Villa, turns down Redchapp's Money Mountain.

60k a week + various add-ons. Sickening, especially after they spent so much on Elphick, Chester and various other over-priced CB's that did fck all for them.

Shame JT didn't get a club in the premiership where his lackof pace could be ruthlessly exposed, interesting how he get's on in this league but you can't help but think he could probably still do a job. Hopefully he becomes an expensive flop, goes on massive benders with gentleman Jack Grealish and shags Steve Bruce's wife causing an implosion that decimates the club for a few years. Other than that, good luck to him.

In other news, Cairney signs extension with Fulham and Sheff Wens look like they've got George Boyd on a free - good signing for them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 12:39 - Jul 3 with 2880 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 12:25 - Jul 3 by simmo

60k a week + various add-ons. Sickening, especially after they spent so much on Elphick, Chester and various other over-priced CB's that did fck all for them.

Shame JT didn't get a club in the premiership where his lackof pace could be ruthlessly exposed, interesting how he get's on in this league but you can't help but think he could probably still do a job. Hopefully he becomes an expensive flop, goes on massive benders with gentleman Jack Grealish and shags Steve Bruce's wife causing an implosion that decimates the club for a few years. Other than that, good luck to him.

In other news, Cairney signs extension with Fulham and Sheff Wens look like they've got George Boyd on a free - good signing for them.

i actually think terry will get shown up in the championship but what's the betting he takes over from Bruce around xmas time , also it maybe a good time to go back in for Elphick or a cheeky bid for Nathan baker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 12:46 - Jul 3 with 2856 viewsJigsore

Terry will either play about 10 games or be thoroughly embarrassed by someone with working legs. Turns out Fox News were almost right - Birmingham is a no-go area, if you're a QPR fan

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jul 3 with 2768 viewspaulparker

where did Fulham get 4.5 million to bid for a Spanish winger ?
and apparently Mcgeady is going to Sunderland for the same money , which is 4 million pounds more than he is worth
the championship is fast becoming premier league 2

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 14:25 - Jul 3 with 2763 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jul 3 by paulparker

where did Fulham get 4.5 million to bid for a Spanish winger ?
and apparently Mcgeady is going to Sunderland for the same money , which is 4 million pounds more than he is worth
the championship is fast becoming premier league 2

Which is why we're finding it difficult to add quality, proven players.

Fulham have signed a Spanish centre back today that the manager doesn't want on the say so of their statistical analysis department - interesting to see how that works out.

They've also got Cariney to extend his contract along with Sessegnon which is their best bit of business this summer regardless of who new comes in.
Other Championship transfers on 14:30 - Jul 3 with 2758 viewsKonk

Other Championship transfers on 14:25 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Which is why we're finding it difficult to add quality, proven players.

Fulham have signed a Spanish centre back today that the manager doesn't want on the say so of their statistical analysis department - interesting to see how that works out.

They've also got Cariney to extend his contract along with Sessegnon which is their best bit of business this summer regardless of who new comes in.

Agree on Sessegnon and Cairney - amazed and chuffed with both bits of business, but wondering how we're now going to fund the signings we desperately need. Rumours of Malone to Huddersfield and Fredericks to Watford.

Spanish CB - I think he'll be like a few of our other signings who play 1 or 2 times, look out of their depth and then disappear. Deserves to be judged on performances, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he's the answer to our problems.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 2730 viewssimmo

Wisdom perm at Derby a good signing. Solid player and can play CB and RB.

No surprise with McGeady signing, was amazing for Preston and one of the best at this level when he's on it, big fish in small pond there though rather than at Sunderland.

Other Championship transfers on 15:05 - Jul 3 with 2663 viewsMick_S

Other Championship transfers on 12:14 - Jul 3 by danehoop

See that Villa have signed a 36 year old ex Premiership defender on a free.

I am sure the reason for the player signing for them was his previous undeclared love for the midlands and Britains second city. Not a shed load of cash as wages and a chance to endear himself with a new set of players wives.

Scummy racist that he is.

I have it on good authority that "Mr Acocks Green" dressed in a Villa kit for the entire interview.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Other Championship transfers on 15:19 - Jul 3 with 2626 viewsKonk

Other Championship transfers on 15:05 - Jul 3 by Mick_S

I have it on good authority that "Mr Acocks Green" dressed in a Villa kit for the entire interview.

My Father-in-law’s from Acocks Green. I knew you’d want to know that.

I heard Terry had got special dispensation from the FA/League allowing him to wear the full Chelsea kit, even when he's playing for Villa. He gets awarded a penalty and wa nked off by the ref in the 26th minute of every match too. And when he retires, the number 26 is being retired from general use. A worthy tribute.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Other Championship transfers on 15:31 - Jul 3 with 2588 viewsdaveB

He'll do really well, Villa should romp the league with the money they have spent
Other Championship transfers on 15:37 - Jul 3 with 2567 viewskensalriser

Should, but wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off early.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other Championship transfers on 15:43 - Jul 3 with 2553 viewsMick_S

Other Championship transfers on 15:37 - Jul 3 by kensalriser

Should, but wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off early.

Nicking stuff already?

Tut tut.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Other Championship transfers on 17:29 - Jul 3 with 2484 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 15:31 - Jul 3 by daveB

He'll do really well, Villa should romp the league with the money they have spent

Did the same thing last season though. They had McCormack, Kodjia, Ayew, Gestede all up front, bought Chester, Elphick, etc for the defence alongside getting people like Adomah for loads of money and in the end they didn't do fck all. Even with Bruce there a buying the best players in the league at the time (Hourihane, Lansbury, Bree, etc) they weren't that far ahead of us and we're proper crap.

I think the difference might be Bruce, but then money spent is never a guarantee of anything. Newcastle were an exceptional example but they also had Benitez, St James Park and a nucleus of a really strong existing team to work from.

Also their owner is early Fernandes levels of self harming twát.

Other Championship transfers on 17:33 - Jul 3 with 2480 viewseastside_r

Other Championship transfers on 14:30 - Jul 3 by Konk

Agree on Sessegnon and Cairney - amazed and chuffed with both bits of business, but wondering how we're now going to fund the signings we desperately need. Rumours of Malone to Huddersfield and Fredericks to Watford.

Spanish CB - I think he'll be like a few of our other signings who play 1 or 2 times, look out of their depth and then disappear. Deserves to be judged on performances, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he's the answer to our problems.

Perhaps the Spanish CB is a penalty expert
Other Championship transfers on 18:40 - Jul 3 with 2402 viewsJamie

'I am Ravel' on trial at Birmingham.....
Other Championship transfers on 18:43 - Jul 3 with 2387 viewsJigsore

Slightly surprised at George Boyd to Wednesday

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Other Championship transfers on 18:48 - Jul 3 with 2369 viewscyprusmel

Other Championship transfers on 18:40 - Jul 3 by Jamie

'I am Ravel' on trial at Birmingham.....

What for this time !
Other Championship transfers on 21:14 - Jul 3 with 2244 viewsDannytheR

Would reckon Fulham are a very good bet to go up automatically if Cairney is staying. Best player in the league for much of last season.
Other Championship transfers on 21:17 - Jul 3 with 2240 viewsTopCat34

It does feel like a bit of a worry all this money being banded round by other teams. Not keen for any massive investment in the squad, but is the lack of business just purely because we can't compete?

I do think big racist John will be massively found out at this level, hopefully culminating in a couple of hilarious mishaps at HQ.
Other Championship transfers on 13:21 - Jul 4 with 2021 viewssimmo

Boro sign Howson from Norwich, they are going to be a real problem in this league with Monk in charge...

Other Championship transfers on 13:46 - Jul 4 with 1939 viewsHooparoo

Other Championship transfers on 21:17 - Jul 3 by TopCat34

It does feel like a bit of a worry all this money being banded round by other teams. Not keen for any massive investment in the squad, but is the lack of business just purely because we can't compete?

I do think big racist John will be massively found out at this level, hopefully culminating in a couple of hilarious mishaps at HQ.

I still don't get why we are abiding by the FFP rules while it seems every other club is ignoring them. I don't get it. ☹️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Other Championship transfers on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 1920 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 13:46 - Jul 4 by Hooparoo

I still don't get why we are abiding by the FFP rules while it seems every other club is ignoring them. I don't get it. ☹️

1 - The rules have been significantly changed/relaxed since our alleged breach. One of our key arguments in the legal row with the league is that the league themselves recognised those rules were unworkable and changed them so it's unfair for us to be punished under them.

2 - The support, merchandise sales, stadium usage, commercial income, ticket sales, season tickets at places like Derby, Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Wed absolutely dwarf ours, hence they've got more leeway on spend.

3 - Clubs coming down last season and this are coming with the new Premier League money and parachute payments which are absolutely enormous.

4 - None of these clubs in two or three lumbered themselves with a wage bill anything like we did under Fernandes/Hughes/Redknapp. So we've had to spend time getting that down through sales and contract expiry, while also trying to maintain performance on the pitch. They haven't - or haven't to the same extent.
Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 4 with 1913 viewsstevec

Other Championship transfers on 17:29 - Jul 3 by simmo

Did the same thing last season though. They had McCormack, Kodjia, Ayew, Gestede all up front, bought Chester, Elphick, etc for the defence alongside getting people like Adomah for loads of money and in the end they didn't do fck all. Even with Bruce there a buying the best players in the league at the time (Hourihane, Lansbury, Bree, etc) they weren't that far ahead of us and we're proper crap.

I think the difference might be Bruce, but then money spent is never a guarantee of anything. Newcastle were an exceptional example but they also had Benitez, St James Park and a nucleus of a really strong existing team to work from.

Also their owner is early Fernandes levels of self harming twát.

Much as we all hate Terry, this is a top signing by Villa, he's still far too good for this Division.

Simmo, as you say money spent is never a guarantee of anything... yet it seemed to be taken as a given when Redknapp in charge of us (??)

Like to also point out that, like Fulham in their first season down, spending big first season, when you have largest parachute payment, is key. Even if you don't go up as per them and Villa, it gives you the opportunity to sell on big (McCormack) and add to those that were successful. As such Fulham will be up there, Villa will be up there but,sadly, we won't be up there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024