Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale! 06:42 - Jun 25 with 9196 viewsGruntfuttock

Brilliant, just brilliant...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10926403/getafe-beat-tenerife-to-ma
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 6:43]
Ale! on 08:19 - Jun 25 with 7797 viewsDWQPR

And that fûckwit Hasselbaink got rid because he wouldn't have been able to cope with the 'high pressing' game that he was looking to employ (once against Leeds). The rest of the time we were bored shîtless and in the meantime Alé plays over 30 games for Getafe and chips in with a few goals as well. Whatever your ability to get round the pitch one thing that always stands out is class and Alè Faurlin has been the classiest footballer we have had at QPR during the last decade, both on and off the pitch. Now if TF, or Les or Holloway by any chance (I doubt it), reads this board, just get him back because he is QPR through and through.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ale! on 08:39 - Jun 25 with 7740 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale! on 08:19 - Jun 25 by DWQPR

And that fûckwit Hasselbaink got rid because he wouldn't have been able to cope with the 'high pressing' game that he was looking to employ (once against Leeds). The rest of the time we were bored shîtless and in the meantime Alé plays over 30 games for Getafe and chips in with a few goals as well. Whatever your ability to get round the pitch one thing that always stands out is class and Alè Faurlin has been the classiest footballer we have had at QPR during the last decade, both on and off the pitch. Now if TF, or Les or Holloway by any chance (I doubt it), reads this board, just get him back because he is QPR through and through.

Nostalgia is nice don't get me wrong.

Why don't we put all our energy into our current players? Really get behind them. Maybe Luongo can be spoke of in such glowing terms one day.

Before everyone dives in and says 'Luongo is shit' or such like, i'm sure Tactical can dig out plenty of forum posts where Ale was slagged.
Ale! on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 7491 viewsDWQPR

Ale! on 08:39 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why don't we put all our energy into our current players? Really get behind them. Maybe Luongo can be spoke of in such glowing terms one day.

Before everyone dives in and says 'Luongo is shit' or such like, i'm sure Tactical can dig out plenty of forum posts where Ale was slagged.

I'd be much happier with Luongo if he didn't have these huge dips in form after every international break. Mooy seemed to manage it for Huddersfield last season but with Luongo you just knew that he would have a real stinker the following week. Faurlin sure did have some bad games but he is held in such high esteem by the supporters because he was firstly a very good footballer and secondly his attitude in fighting back again and again in the face of huge adversity.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ale! on 17:12 - Jun 25 with 7204 viewsfrancisbowles

Ale! on 10:49 - Jun 25 by DWQPR

I'd be much happier with Luongo if he didn't have these huge dips in form after every international break. Mooy seemed to manage it for Huddersfield last season but with Luongo you just knew that he would have a real stinker the following week. Faurlin sure did have some bad games but he is held in such high esteem by the supporters because he was firstly a very good footballer and secondly his attitude in fighting back again and again in the face of huge adversity.

I've said on here before, it would be interesting to know what plans, methods, systems the club's sports science department are putting in place in conjunction with the Aussie FA to alleviate Luongo's obvious difficulty. Have they given him a diet, sleep plan, sleep aids etc and is he following them?
Ale! on 17:58 - Jun 25 with 7102 viewsbosh67

Well done Ale. Absolute class player.

Thanks to Hasselbaink we lost a player who finally completed a season in style. Moron!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ale! on 20:08 - Jun 25 with 6887 viewsTacticalR

Ale! on 08:39 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's all in the archives.

Air hostess clique

Ale! on 20:20 - Jun 25 with 6866 viewsBromleyHoop

If any of you are on Instagram, Ale has just posted a little montage of his fight back from his ACL's. Very inspiring, like the man himself.

Edit: Actually it's an excerpt of a 7 minute Faurlin fest that has been posted today on YouTube by someone called Noelia Gonzalez under the title 'You got a dream, go get it. Period' It's lovely stuff.

Sorry, don't do links.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 22:50]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Ale! on 22:03 - Jun 25 with 6735 viewsdaveB

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVxVvSBnFHU/
Login to get fewer ads

Ale! on 09:17 - Jun 26 with 6484 viewspaulparker

Cant believe we got rid of him either but kept Henry
we have this thing in this country about pace, pace, and more pace if you cant run then you have no chance of making it,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ale! on 09:23 - Jun 26 with 6471 viewspaulparker

Cant believe we got rid of him either but kept Henry
we have this thing in this country about pace, pace, and more pace if you cant run or press then you have no chance of making it, never mind actually keeping the ball looking up and spotting a pass or creating anything , if Glen Hoddle was around now he would be playing for crawley town because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken
ive said before that the sweeper system was ideal for faurlin , again a bit like ardiles & hoddle played in their last years of their career at Swindon
Ale can head the ball & tackle but he also reads the game which is a rare commodity in todays football and something a sweeper needs to actually doto make it work add two CBs and 2 pacy fullbacks and we could have been on to something
anyway good luck to him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ale! on 10:12 - Jun 26 with 6409 viewsbarbicanranger

Ale! on 11:23 - Jun 26 with 6321 viewswrinklyhoop

Inspirational, thanks for the link. How the f^ck did we let this guy go!
Ale! on 16:56 - Jun 26 with 6121 viewsterryb

Ale! on 10:12 - Jun 26 by barbicanranger

Thanks for that barbican.

Truly inspirational!
Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 17:01 - Jun 26 with 6108 viewscoolranger

"Sevilla are believed to be very interested in the sublime talents of Getafe's Argentinian midfielder Alejandro Faurlin. Rated in the Euro15 million category it is believed Sevilla hope to tie up the deal within the next two weeks..."

Yeah, but not good enough for the Championship...

Did he go on a free?

CR/
Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 17:11 - Jun 26 with 6093 viewsfrancisbowles

Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 17:01 - Jun 26 by coolranger

"Sevilla are believed to be very interested in the sublime talents of Getafe's Argentinian midfielder Alejandro Faurlin. Rated in the Euro15 million category it is believed Sevilla hope to tie up the deal within the next two weeks..."

Did he go on a free?

CR/

There seems to be a bit of 'rose tinted specs' and short term memory loss going on here.

Ale was a great player for us at his peak, a lovely bloke by all accounts, and showed incredible determination to come back from his awful injuries.

However, his last season with us was patchy at best, some decent performances and some where he made errors and couldn't get into the game. The club had gone a long way with him through his injuries and extending his contract and maybe he would have improved if he had stayed last season. The official position is that he was offered a contract and a squad position but it wasn't enough for him and he went. I don't know anything that contradicts this, so am prepared to accept it and move on.

Well done to him on his success and all the best to him in La Liga.
Ale! on 01:49 - Jun 27 with 5946 viewsBoston

Getafe....the Millwall or Orient of Madrid?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 02:21 - Jun 27 with 5936 viewsFredManRave

Did he go on a free?

CR/

I heard "Get A Fee" mentioned many times in the Faurlin transfer so I'm hoping we got something for him.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 3:47]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 09:52 - Jun 27 with 5841 viewsfrancisbowles

Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 02:21 - Jun 27 by FredManRave

I heard "Get A Fee" mentioned many times in the Faurlin transfer so I'm hoping we got something for him.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 3:47]

No hope and Bob Hope!

I believe he was out of contract whereas now he probably has one IF a fee is being offered!
Sevilla swoop for Ale? on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 5827 viewsbarbicanranger

Did he go on a free?

CR/

If this came true, I would be ecstatic for Ale. This is nothing more than he deserves, he gave everything to Qpr and was a model professional. Part of the travesty of what was our return to the premier league was his injury as really felt like we could have built a great side around him. When you look at the youth team he was part of in Argentina and the trajectory he was on it was always likely he would get a big-ish move had he not got injured. Such a shame, the fine line of success and failure as a footballer.
Ale! on 13:37 - Jun 27 with 5715 viewswhittocksRs

Will believe to my dying day that Haselbaink bombing out Hill and Faurlin was 1) the beginning of the end of his run as coach and 2) a total disaster for Rangers as a football club. Both would have stayed with us indefinitely and have continued to prove doubters wrong since leaving.

Faurlin in particular was a wonderful player and presence around the club, and had the most lovely left foot. I always felt we were more creative and threatening with him on the pitch. Delighted he's doing it in Spain.
Ale! on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 5706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delighted for Faurlin. An utter gentleman.

As for why he left, or was left leave - we'll never know. All we can do is guess - he could have asked for more money than our budget and wage structure allowed.

All I know is that it was a sad day, but that part of me was at least happy that we finally have a realistic budget and wage structure. they are two things that might protect us from going out of existence.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale! on 13:51 - Jun 27 with 5682 viewsFredManRave

Ale! on 13:41 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Delighted for Faurlin. An utter gentleman.

As for why he left, or was left leave - we'll never know. All we can do is guess - he could have asked for more money than our budget and wage structure allowed.

All I know is that it was a sad day, but that part of me was at least happy that we finally have a realistic budget and wage structure. they are two things that might protect us from going out of existence.

I thought the reason was along the lines of Faurlin wanted to play but JFH couldn-t promise him the game time he was hoping for so he decided to leave.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ale! on 14:19 - Jun 27 with 5644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ale! on 13:51 - Jun 27 by FredManRave

I thought the reason was along the lines of Faurlin wanted to play but JFH couldn-t promise him the game time he was hoping for so he decided to leave.

I heard that as well, but I don't think we ever found out for sure. Or did we?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale! on 09:15 - Jul 21 with 5314 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.24-horas.mx/alejandro-faurlin-el-nuevo-refuerzo-del-cruz-azul/

Moved to play in Mexico. Good luck to him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ale! on 09:27 - Jul 21 with 5272 viewstoboboly

Ale! on 09:15 - Jul 21 by aston_hoop

http://www.24-horas.mx/alejandro-faurlin-el-nuevo-refuerzo-del-cruz-azul/

Moved to play in Mexico. Good luck to him.

Possibly the most wonderful paragraph in sporting journalism ever.

"The 30-year-old also played in the Old Continent with Queens Park Rangers of England, Marítimo de Portugal and Palermo of the Italian league, joined the same day to the works of the celestial ensemble after the corresponding medical examinations."

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024