Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) 08:12 - Jun 25 with 7205 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3-0 Orkney.

Rogvald McHoy, Tavish Wallibisterson, and Angus Kirkness with the goals.

Sorry for the racist made up names Karl.

Good luck from the Orkney Supporters Club (Shepherds Bush Branch)

[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 8:35]
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:15 - Jun 29 with 1614 viewskensalriser

Not supporting Isle of Man until they go gender neutral.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:54 - Jun 29 with 1582 viewshopphoops

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:02 - Jun 29 by karl

Won 3-1 after going a goal behind, I'm going out so I'll maybe update tomorrow if there's still interest!
Menorca went out on pens I think and IOM beat Guernsey in other news.

Epic stuff Karl, enjoy drinking Gotland dry!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 20:36 - Jun 29 with 1562 viewsterryb

Well done Karl.

I hope you manage to stay for a couple of days to enjoy Gotland & the remainder of the games.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 21:39 - Jun 29 with 1537 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:15 - Jun 29 by kensalriser

Not supporting Isle of Man until they go gender neutral.

after 15 odd, odd years of marriage, my gender has been neutralised, if that helps

iom won semi (leave it out Fred) 4-3 with a last minute winner., very exciting, which is why it didn't actually happen on the iom.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 21:43]
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 10:55 - Jun 30 with 1476 viewsFredManRave

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 21:39 - Jun 29 by distortR

after 15 odd, odd years of marriage, my gender has been neutralised, if that helps

iom won semi (leave it out Fred) 4-3 with a last minute winner., very exciting, which is why it didn't actually happen on the iom.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 21:43]

Rumour has it that the trophy is to be presented by Helen Mirren in THAT swimming costume.

Also is it true that Love Island is being filmed on I Love Man, oops, sorry, Isle of Man?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:06 - Jun 30 with 1455 viewsWatford_Ranger

This is great Friday procrastination

Jersey got their winner against Gotland, and no doubt a fervent home support, with nine men and then went down to eight and still held out.

http://islandgames2017results.com/Sports/SOCCER/default.aspx?SportID=28&EventID=

Scenes.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:38 - Jun 30 with 1442 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:06 - Jun 30 by Watford_Ranger

This is great Friday procrastination

Jersey got their winner against Gotland, and no doubt a fervent home support, with nine men and then went down to eight and still held out.

http://islandgames2017results.com/Sports/SOCCER/default.aspx?SportID=28&EventID=

Scenes.

Speaking to other sports from Jersey last night and they all hate the Jersey footballers, they are a bunch of tossers. The number 8 & 10 were particularly horrible individuals so no surprise seeing them sent off. Undoubtedly good footballers but there's more to it than that at these games
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 12:05 - Jun 30 with 1427 viewsWatford_Ranger

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:38 - Jun 30 by karl

Speaking to other sports from Jersey last night and they all hate the Jersey footballers, they are a bunch of tossers. The number 8 & 10 were particularly horrible individuals so no surprise seeing them sent off. Undoubtedly good footballers but there's more to it than that at these games

You've ruined it for me now. I had visions of eight victorious gladiators basking in the adulation of a disappointed but respectful home crowd before returning to their lives as actuaries and commodity traders.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:48 - Jun 30 with 1398 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 12:05 - Jun 30 by Watford_Ranger

You've ruined it for me now. I had visions of eight victorious gladiators basking in the adulation of a disappointed but respectful home crowd before returning to their lives as actuaries and commodity traders.

Haha sorry mate.
Watched the first half of final and it was pretty poor stuff, IOM were winning 2-0 and can't see the second half being any different, left to do some gift shopping and feed the hangover, shocking!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:54 - Jun 30 with 1387 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:37 - Jun 29 by onlyrinmoray

After seeing the official Islands games video I'm seriously thinking of going for a weeks hols there next year 3 days Stockholm 3 days Gotland. What's your view on Gotland Karl ?

I think 3 days would be a good idea Robin, its a nice Island, wouldn't say its beautiful, and the climate seems to be a fairly comfortable 20-22 degrees most of the time. I would say the best thing is the people who are very friendly and nothing seems to be a problem, they're all ridiculously good looking of course which helps with the general ambience!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 10:12 - Jul 1 with 1299 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:48 - Jun 30 by karl

Haha sorry mate.
Watched the first half of final and it was pretty poor stuff, IOM were winning 2-0 and can't see the second half being any different, left to do some gift shopping and feed the hangover, shocking!

6-0 in the final.
it's coming home etc etc
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 16:04 - Jul 1 with 1274 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 10:12 - Jul 1 by distortR

6-0 in the final.
it's coming home etc etc

Not the best of games and as the score suggests an easy win for IOM, Greenland looked exhausted and I didn't think the IOM looked particularly good tbh but that was the 5th game in 6days so it is understandable.
Home tomorrow and ready for it tbh as its been a while now! Caithness next Saturday, Wick on 22nd and then we're in Shetland on 29th to try and win up there for the first time since 1981!
#prayfororkney......
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 16:37 - Jul 1 with 1257 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 16:04 - Jul 1 by karl

Not the best of games and as the score suggests an easy win for IOM, Greenland looked exhausted and I didn't think the IOM looked particularly good tbh but that was the 5th game in 6days so it is understandable.
Home tomorrow and ready for it tbh as its been a while now! Caithness next Saturday, Wick on 22nd and then we're in Shetland on 29th to try and win up there for the first time since 1981!
#prayfororkney......

don't need to pray for them mate, we know they're good enough now! Well done.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 20:00 - Jul 8 with 1103 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 16:37 - Jul 1 by distortR

don't need to pray for them mate, we know they're good enough now! Well done.

Squeezed a 3-2 win at home aet v Caithness today, we played a good bit below the standard we've set but thanks to a last minute og we saved it going to penalties.
Think we were the better team but it was close and happy to sneak away retaining the Archer Shield, Wick Academy at home on 22nd and we'll have to up our game for that one!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 21:58 - Jul 8 with 1059 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 20:00 - Jul 8 by karl

Squeezed a 3-2 win at home aet v Caithness today, we played a good bit below the standard we've set but thanks to a last minute og we saved it going to penalties.
Think we were the better team but it was close and happy to sneak away retaining the Archer Shield, Wick Academy at home on 22nd and we'll have to up our game for that one!

You're not happy with a win - you've set a standard mate! Well done again!!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 10:28 - Jul 22 with 940 viewskarl

Wick Academy at home today, missing a couple of players and a subdued build up to this one but the game is a big one and only a week till we travel to Shetland. I'll update a score later.
1pm ko
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 01:40 - Jul 23 with 889 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 10:28 - Jul 22 by karl

Wick Academy at home today, missing a couple of players and a subdued build up to this one but the game is a big one and only a week till we travel to Shetland. I'll update a score later.
1pm ko

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 02:19 - Jul 23 with 877 viewskarl

Hey cheers mate!
Got a win on penalties, for those who remember we lost on penalties last year so we're obviously evenly matched!
We've never won this cup before so obviously a significant win and two Orkney boys playing against us as semi-pros makes it a little sweeter too.
We're currently sitting with all 4 of the trophies we compete for (if only we won the Island Games of course!) and with the game in Shetland next week we'll be all out to retain that record, the fact we haven't won there since 1981 does mean history is a little against us!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:04 - Jul 23 with 829 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 02:19 - Jul 23 by karl

Hey cheers mate!
Got a win on penalties, for those who remember we lost on penalties last year so we're obviously evenly matched!
We've never won this cup before so obviously a significant win and two Orkney boys playing against us as semi-pros makes it a little sweeter too.
We're currently sitting with all 4 of the trophies we compete for (if only we won the Island Games of course!) and with the game in Shetland next week we'll be all out to retain that record, the fact we haven't won there since 1981 does mean history is a little against us!

Great result mate, especially considering the background.

And now for Shetland...............
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 11:57 - Aug 1 with 713 viewskarl

Just a quick update since new season all interest in activity around LR of course.
Got beaten 2-0 up in Shetland, very disappointing performance and too many looked to be overawed by the game, real shame as if we had performed then i'm sure we'd have won. Not to be and thats my season over for the year so back to 'proper' football now!
Thanks to those who offered support etc and here's hoping for a succesful season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024