Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Boer 16:56 - Jun 26 with 14517 viewscoolranger

Whether you like to hear this or not, and Palace are a Premier League side at the moment, I think someone like Frank De Boer is what this club needs now. A Dutch or perhaps German manager to create an attractive style of football, fresh culture, bring on younger players and win over the fans with entertaining football that may not always win, but is good to watch.

Instead, what do we get ...? 'I'm looking forward to my 30th year in management and working with this exciting group of players to move the club forward blah blah blah' yawn....

Subtext:

'And if it doesn't work I'll still a) get paid very well every month and b) get paid off handsomely if sacked.

We really have come almost full circle from 2004/05. Really hard to get enthusiastic about this ongoing saga any longer. We are stuck.

CR/
De Boer on 08:57 - Jun 27 with 2706 viewssmegma

I can't believe so many words being spouted about something that has nothing to do with QPR.
De Boer on 09:44 - Jun 27 with 2686 viewsDorse

De Boer on 08:57 - Jun 27 by smegma

I can't believe so many words being spouted about something that has nothing to do with QPR.

You obviously missed the 4021 political threads over the last 2 months.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

De Boer on 11:37 - Jun 27 with 2646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, is he coming here or what?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 11:37]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

De Boer on 11:41 - Jun 27 with 2639 viewsTacticalR

'So Frank, what first attracted you to Crystal Palace?'

Frank de Boer: Crystal Palace's new boss is excited to 'spend a lot of money'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40411304

Air hostess clique

De Boer on 12:28 - Jun 27 with 2607 viewsCroydonCaptJack

De Boer on 09:44 - Jun 27 by Dorse

You obviously missed the 4021 political threads over the last 2 months.

Haha, spot on Dorse
De Boer on 12:28 - Jun 27 with 2607 viewsdaveB

De Boer on 08:52 - Jun 27 by DejR_vu

Never understood why people get so irritated about fans being inconsistent with what they want. QPR fans are the same as any other fans, it's a group of individuals with differing opinions. Some want young managers, some want experience; some want foreign managers, some want English. So it's pretty obvious there are going to be different views expressed on a message board.

more irritated when the same people want something different every 3 months
De Boer on 12:43 - Jun 27 with 2591 viewsBasingstokeR

"When we have a young manager we say we need an older experienced one and when we have an older experienced one we say we need a younger one with something to prove. If we have a European manager he doesn't understand the Championship and we need a pwopah English gaffer, and when we have a pwopah English gaffer we wonder whether a European, forward thinking, continental style boss may be better. We look at Fernandes being taken for a ride and say we need a director of football, then we have a director of football and say why don't we let the manager get on with it. We ask them to scout the lower leagues and Europe and then when they do we give the players no time at all to settle and prove themselves and say we need more experienced players, we sign more experienced players and we say they're past it and don't care and earn too much and we should sign younger players from the lower leagues. We say we need more QPR people at the club, then when we get them we say it's job for the boys or they've only been hired because they're mates with somebody or even they've only been hired because they're black."

De Boer on 12:46 - Jun 27 with 2582 viewsCopenranger

Genuine question (we don't get to watch many championship games over here):

Are there any other championship clubs with similar or lower budgets, that have the player material to play attractive, attacking football consistently?
Login to get fewer ads

De Boer on 12:49 - Jun 27 with 2577 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

De Boer on 12:46 - Jun 27 by Copenranger

Are there any other championship clubs with similar or lower budgets, that have the player material to play attractive, attacking football consistently?

Brentford?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

De Boer on 12:57 - Jun 27 with 2562 viewsdaveB

De Boer on 12:46 - Jun 27 by Copenranger

very few clubs playing attractive football in this league but Barnsley and Brentford have been very good on limited budgets
De Boer on 13:06 - Jun 27 with 2550 viewsNorthernr

De Boer on 12:28 - Jun 27 by daveB

more irritated when the same people want something different every 3 months

This.
De Boer on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 2349 viewspaulparker

De Boer on 08:44 - Jun 27 by paulparker

De Boer will be gone by October/November to be replaced by Roy Hodgson, I don't get this de boer love in as I think he is very overrated imho

Now for years we have had this manager and that manger , we have had up & coming coaches to foreign managers to old crooks and by the end of it we pretty much all agreed that we wanted QPR men here , well we have that now , we have Les, Sinton, Olly, Birch, penrice even talk of Sinclair coming here and yet we don't want that now ? we now want a foreign manager , blimey , we have youth players coming through and in maybe 2 years time will see big money for some players being sold, if anything we are doing things the Ajax or Bilbao way ie making the club have an identity with QPR people involved (we have also sent representatives to Bilbao to over see how they do things ) all that's missing is the new training ground ( yeah I know ) and possibly Gerry coming back to coach ,
we are looking in good shape off the pitch , we are putting in place decent scouting networks, by all accounts are community team is brilliant and we are now seeing the forever Rs club grow ( not that I agree with some of the players going in ) , but that's progress and that's what I want to see from QPR ,
if we can improve on the pitch and start playing with some width and a bit of panache win the odd home game then things will be a lot better , we have to be patient ( im a fine one to talk I know ) but that's the bottom line these things don't change overnight,
think back ten years to the Briatore regime or 4 years to Harry Redknapp tenure or go back 20 years to the chris wright debacle or 25 years to the era of Thompson bleeding the club dry , 30 years of possibly losing the club to a merger , all sh1t times and all those eras split the fan base
we have got what we wanted now , QPR run by QPR legends so lets get behind them we haven't had this since the 60s and 70s so lets support this model of what we are trying to achieve because in 10 or 20 years time clubs will maybe send their representatives to us to see how we do it

early days I know but for once I could be right

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

De Boer on 14:05 - Aug 14 with 2283 viewsjohncharles

Home win
Away draw
Cup win

I'd say that was quite promising

Strong and stable my arse.

De Boer on 14:14 - Aug 14 with 2266 views2Thomas2Bowles

Palace will get relegated

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

De Boer on 14:18 - Aug 14 with 2252 viewsCroydonCaptJack

De Boer on 14:14 - Aug 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Palace will get relegated

Fingers crossed!
De Boer on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 2237 viewsW7Ranger

De Boer on 23:30 - Jun 26 by Northernr

You're never going to get De Boer here, fcking ridiculous to think otherwise.

Have a look around. Palace are no bigger or more successful than us and have an equally antiquated stadium but they have 5 years of Premier League money now, they're all but established, they can spend £35m on a player and not think much of it. We're wondering whether we might have to sell Luongo so we can bring in Josh Scowen.

On the general point of 'wouldn't it be better to have a continental style manager, more attractive style of play, invest in youth' yeh, course it would. Ideal scenario, some Dutch bloke comes in and we walk the division playing super football with a team of under 24 year olds. But do QPR really look set up for that to you at the moment? Southampton had new stadium and massive support and ended up in admin in League One in part because they tried to do exactly this, employing Jan Poortvliet as manager and picking their youth team as their first team.

You've got to be very careful. Is what you're suggesting here really that different from what Chris Ramsey tried to do? Youth teamers got a chance, we scored fck loads of goals (top scorers in the Championship, 4-3 home wins, 3-2 at Wolves having been 2-0 down, Kenny Jackett said afterwards "they had ten shots on target, that's usually a win") and he got absolutely pilloried and people on here said "you win games with defence, I want to see us grinding results out". People took the pis out of his hat, and said he was out of his depth. That night at Brentford when he had to walk across the pitch under a hail of abuse - we were a high scoring, midtable Championship team at that point. We abused that guy so badly during a home game with MK Dons the opposition manager came to console him - and we won that 3-0!

We say we want youth teamers brought through and yet I read on the Facepaint that Ryan Manning is fcking sht, overrated, can't pass the ball, gives the ball away too much. Manning got stick from the crowd in the Forest home game last season (where I thought he played well) so bad he brought it up with Holloway afterwards asking what's going on. This is a kid fresh out the youth team who by and large has looked brilliant and we're giving him stick. Hasselbaink earlier in the season turned round and gave somebody in the Paddocks an earful because they were abusing Shodipo from a distance of about ten feet. I remember after the Sunderland cup match somebody openly sending messages on Twitter to Hamalainen and Kakay telling them how fcking awful they'd been and when I called him up on it he said "how else will they learn?"

I'm firmly with DaveB on this. When we have a young manager we say we need an older experienced one and when we have an older experienced one we say we need a younger one with something to prove. If we have a European manager he doesn't understand the Championship and we need a pwopah English gaffer, and when we have a pwopah English gaffer we wonder whether a European, forward thinking, continental style boss may be better. We look at Fernandes being taken for a ride and say we need a director of football, then we have a director of football and say why don't we let the manager get on with it. We ask them to scout the lower leagues and Europe and then when they do we give the players no time at all to settle and prove themselves and say we need more experienced players, we sign more experienced players and we say they're past it and don't care and earn too much and we should sign younger players from the lower leagues. We say we need more QPR people at the club, then when we get them we say it's job for the boys or they've only been hired because they're mates with somebody or even they've only been hired because they're black.

We'd never have hired David Wagner ("who's that, never managed first team, why didn't we go for Nigel Pearson" etc) and he wouldn't have succeeded here even if we had - just as people like Bidwell come here from well run clubs and fail.

I'd never fault anybody who spends their spare time watching QPR but fck me since the money first arrived with Briatore it's really diminished us as a support base.

This post has been edited by an administrator

100% spot on Clive.
De Boer on 14:49 - Aug 14 with 2201 viewsenfieldargh

I had to share a table in the cafe with a fellow R's fan I've never met who was so negative with his whole attitude to QPR

Going on about Les Ferdinand, great player terrible director of football.

I asked him what he thought Les did as pat of his duties, he just said he was crap. I asked him crap at what, what things is he crap at and how bad are his worse decisions and what if anything is there positive to say about LF.

No response.

Watching soccer saturday when Huddersfield's 3rd goal went in I enjoyed watching half a dozen or so 'fans' get up and leave in the crowd behind the sky reporter. I'm sure they are ecstatic at de Boer as there manager.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

De Boer on 14:54 - Aug 14 with 2185 viewsjonno

De Boer on 14:49 - Aug 14 by enfieldargh

I had to share a table in the cafe with a fellow R's fan I've never met who was so negative with his whole attitude to QPR

I asked him what he thought Les did as pat of his duties, he just said he was crap. I asked him crap at what, what things is he crap at and how bad are his worse decisions and what if anything is there positive to say about LF.

No response.

Watching soccer saturday when Huddersfield's 3rd goal went in I enjoyed watching half a dozen or so 'fans' get up and leave in the crowd behind the sky reporter. I'm sure they are ecstatic at de Boer as there manager.

"I had to share a table in the cafe with a fellow R's fan I've never met who was so negative with his whole attitude to QPR"

There seem to be a lot like that - but I assume it's the same at other Clubs as well. Why do they bother?
De Boer on 15:16 - Aug 14 with 2137 viewsNorthernr

De Boer on 14:49 - Aug 14 by enfieldargh

No response.

Had the same experience in the Crown last week. Literally first person to talk to me after I sat down, straight after hello, "Ferdinand can go, that's a salary saved, he's crap." Maybe it was the same person?
De Boer on 15:18 - Aug 14 with 2131 viewsCroydonCaptJack

De Boer on 15:16 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Had the same experience in the Crown last week. Literally first person to talk to me after I sat down, straight after hello, "Ferdinand can go, that's a salary saved, he's crap." Maybe it was the same person?

Let's hope so, otherwise there is two idiots like that!
De Boer on 15:24 - Aug 14 with 2107 viewsTacticalR

De Boer on 13:37 - Aug 14 by paulparker

early days I know but for once I could be right

You have to blow your own trumpet on this forum.

Air hostess clique

De Boer on 15:26 - Aug 14 with 2093 viewsPlanetHonneywood

[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 15:27]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

De Boer on 15:46 - Aug 14 with 2053 viewskensalriser

I think there's always been a certain percentage of perennially negative fans. Still remember the first game I ever went to - Ipswich v Leicester, 1973. Town were managed by Bobby Robson and en route to a fourth place finish. Even as a nine year old I couldn't understand why their fans were all slagging off the Ipswich captain, Mick Mills.

This was well before the stupid money era, which has done a lot to alienate fans in recent years.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 20:03]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

De Boer on 16:56 - Aug 14 with 1995 viewsDorse

De Boer on 15:16 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Your date with SpiritOfGregory went well then...?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

De Boer on 03:49 - Aug 15 with 1843 viewsPlanetHonneywood

De Boer on 23:30 - Jun 26 by Northernr

You're never going to get De Boer here, fcking ridiculous to think otherwise.

Have a look around. Palace are no bigger or more successful than us and have an equally antiquated stadium but they have 5 years of Premier League money now, they're all but established, they can spend £35m on a player and not think much of it. We're wondering whether we might have to sell Luongo so we can bring in Josh Scowen.

On the general point of 'wouldn't it be better to have a continental style manager, more attractive style of play, invest in youth' yeh, course it would. Ideal scenario, some Dutch bloke comes in and we walk the division playing super football with a team of under 24 year olds. But do QPR really look set up for that to you at the moment? Southampton had new stadium and massive support and ended up in admin in League One in part because they tried to do exactly this, employing Jan Poortvliet as manager and picking their youth team as their first team.

You've got to be very careful. Is what you're suggesting here really that different from what Chris Ramsey tried to do? Youth teamers got a chance, we scored fck loads of goals (top scorers in the Championship, 4-3 home wins, 3-2 at Wolves having been 2-0 down, Kenny Jackett said afterwards "they had ten shots on target, that's usually a win") and he got absolutely pilloried and people on here said "you win games with defence, I want to see us grinding results out". People took the pis out of his hat, and said he was out of his depth. That night at Brentford when he had to walk across the pitch under a hail of abuse - we were a high scoring, midtable Championship team at that point. We abused that guy so badly during a home game with MK Dons the opposition manager came to console him - and we won that 3-0!

We say we want youth teamers brought through and yet I read on the Facepaint that Ryan Manning is fcking sht, overrated, can't pass the ball, gives the ball away too much. Manning got stick from the crowd in the Forest home game last season (where I thought he played well) so bad he brought it up with Holloway afterwards asking what's going on. This is a kid fresh out the youth team who by and large has looked brilliant and we're giving him stick. Hasselbaink earlier in the season turned round and gave somebody in the Paddocks an earful because they were abusing Shodipo from a distance of about ten feet. I remember after the Sunderland cup match somebody openly sending messages on Twitter to Hamalainen and Kakay telling them how fcking awful they'd been and when I called him up on it he said "how else will they learn?"

I'm firmly with DaveB on this. When we have a young manager we say we need an older experienced one and when we have an older experienced one we say we need a younger one with something to prove. If we have a European manager he doesn't understand the Championship and we need a pwopah English gaffer, and when we have a pwopah English gaffer we wonder whether a European, forward thinking, continental style boss may be better. We look at Fernandes being taken for a ride and say we need a director of football, then we have a director of football and say why don't we let the manager get on with it. We ask them to scout the lower leagues and Europe and then when they do we give the players no time at all to settle and prove themselves and say we need more experienced players, we sign more experienced players and we say they're past it and don't care and earn too much and we should sign younger players from the lower leagues. We say we need more QPR people at the club, then when we get them we say it's job for the boys or they've only been hired because they're mates with somebody or even they've only been hired because they're black.

We'd never have hired David Wagner ("who's that, never managed first team, why didn't we go for Nigel Pearson" etc) and he wouldn't have succeeded here even if we had - just as people like Bidwell come here from well run clubs and fail.

I'd never fault anybody who spends their spare time watching QPR but fck me since the money first arrived with Briatore it's really diminished us as a support base.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I disagree!

It really all started to go awry when Chris Wright rolled in with pre-floatation cash. Other then that...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024