Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen gets a £6m annual increase 12:49 - Jun 27 with 11789 viewsNortholt_Rs

....from public funds! Good old Liz! Makes ya feel right proud dunnit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40412343

[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 12:50]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 12:54 - Jun 27 with 5907 viewsdaveB

Well she does bring a lot more money into the country so good luck to her.
I'd rather give her the money than spunk a billion on the DUP
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:01 - Jun 27 with 5882 viewsNortholt_Rs

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 12:54 - Jun 27 by daveB

Or maybe both are just plain wrong?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaneyGodley/status/879640399693873152

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 5867 viewsdaveB

not sure the money goes to her though, a lot of it will be to maintain tourist attractions so don't really have a problem with it as it brings money into the country
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:07 - Jun 27 with 5863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 12:54 - Jun 27 by daveB

Doubt it's an either/or Dave.
When literally everything else is being cut it's a disgrace.

Bare bones.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:08 - Jun 27 with 5855 viewsstevec

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:05 - Jun 27 by daveB

not sure the money goes to her though, a lot of it will be to maintain tourist attractions so don't really have a problem with it as it brings money into the country

Yeah, she makes more than she takes.

Be interested to know whether Jeremy Corbyn has ever been in a line of work where you actually turn a profit. Y'know, that stuff that pays for public spending.
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:10 - Jun 27 with 5837 viewsWatford_Ranger

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:08 - Jun 27 by stevec

Yeah, she makes more than she takes.

Be interested to know whether Jeremy Corbyn has ever been in a line of work where you actually turn a profit. Y'know, that stuff that pays for public spending.

She does make more than she takes but in this day in age, does she (personally and the stuff that doesn't directly go to her) need to take as much?
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:13 - Jun 27 with 5826 viewsstevec

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:10 - Jun 27 by Watford_Ranger

She does make more than she takes but in this day in age, does she (personally and the stuff that doesn't directly go to her) need to take as much?

Probably not. That said, no harm in investing in something that makes a profit.

Which brings me neatly back to Sir Jeremy Corbyn. CV anyone?
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:26 - Jun 27 with 5766 viewsstevec

If I didn't know better I'd be starting to think Sir Jezza is just another lazy cúnt who's lived off the public purse his entire life.
Login to get fewer ads

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:33 - Jun 27 with 5704 viewseasthertsr

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:26 - Jun 27 by stevec

If I didn't know better I'd be starting to think Sir Jezza is just another lazy cúnt who's lived off the public purse his entire life.

Let me give you a list of other ''lazy c*nts' who live off the public purse and have never made a profit. Nurses, paramedics,carers, firefighters,teachers,soldiers,police. Most of whom have got a 1% pay increase over the last seven years.Wonder how they feel about her Majesty getting that big rise?
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:34 - Jun 27 with 5715 viewsjohncharles

You haven't mentioned Diane Abbott yet. You're slipping Steve.

Strong and stable my arse.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:36 - Jun 27 with 5697 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England would still get massive tourism if the Royal Family was decommissioned, as surely it should be in any civilised country. It's not as if the tourists would say "fugg it, let's head for Holland instead". Britain would still, quire rightly, be a huge tourist draw.

There's no good reason to have a Royal Family that I can see, economic or otherwise. Surely the sight of an unelected minority leader Teresa May trundling up to Buckingham Palace to beg permission from an unelected aristocrat to form a Government would have convinced people of the sheer, medieval lunacy that rules over Britain.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 5678 viewsTheChef

It's at this point you realise how difficult it must be to fund the refurb of Buck House all by herself. Poor woman. No wonder she relies on the kindness of us lovely tax payers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 5674 viewsstevec

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:33 - Jun 27 by easthertsr

Let me give you a list of other ''lazy c*nts' who live off the public purse and have never made a profit. Nurses, paramedics,carers, firefighters,teachers,soldiers,police. Most of whom have got a 1% pay increase over the last seven years.Wonder how they feel about her Majesty getting that big rise?

You know full well what I mean. All those you mention earn their money, they don't go spending other peoples.

Easy to slag the Queen it seems, at least she brings in a return, somewhat more than she receives too.

Corbyn on the other hand. Has he done any of the jobs you mention, I doubt it. Has he ever taken the private route, finding work and paying his way, I doubt that either.
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:48 - Jun 27 with 5622 views2Thomas2Bowles

Cost
65p pp pa

I bet most have that stuck down the sofa.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:48 - Jun 27 with 5617 viewsTheChef

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:42 - Jun 27 by stevec

You know full well what I mean. All those you mention earn their money, they don't go spending other peoples.

Easy to slag the Queen it seems, at least she brings in a return, somewhat more than she receives too.

Corbyn on the other hand. Has he done any of the jobs you mention, I doubt it. Has he ever taken the private route, finding work and paying his way, I doubt that either.

To be honest you could list on one hand the number of MPs who have done an honest days' work.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 5568 viewsMytch_QPR

I think this thread demonstrates how polarised the nation has become. Broadly, you have the pro-EU people, who are not particularly attached to the monarchy - then the remainers, who would regard themselves as patriotic and very much in favour of the Royal family.

I can't see anything other than hung parliaments for a while if this situation continues - which need not necessarily be a bad thing if parties work together (or bribe each other sucessfully).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 5541 viewsQPR_John

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:41 - Jun 27 by TheChef

It's at this point you realise how difficult it must be to fund the refurb of Buck House all by herself. Poor woman. No wonder she relies on the kindness of us lovely tax payers.

Is this extra money from the tax payer or a percentage of the profits from the crown estates.
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:10 - Jun 27 with 5493 viewsGloucs_R

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:36 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

England would still get massive tourism if the Royal Family was decommissioned, as surely it should be in any civilised country. It's not as if the tourists would say "fugg it, let's head for Holland instead". Britain would still, quire rightly, be a huge tourist draw.

There's no good reason to have a Royal Family that I can see, economic or otherwise. Surely the sight of an unelected minority leader Teresa May trundling up to Buckingham Palace to beg permission from an unelected aristocrat to form a Government would have convinced people of the sheer, medieval lunacy that rules over Britain.

There is a good reason...its called tradition. Its called patriotism. Many went to war and died over the years for Queen / King and country. Many, like myself, value the monarchs and love having them as ambassadors for this country.

I am genuinely proud of the traditions we have...state opening, trooping of the colours, changing of the guard, etc. Nobody does it as well as we do.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 5460 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:10 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

There is a good reason...its called tradition. Its called patriotism. Many went to war and died over the years for Queen / King and country. Many, like myself, value the monarchs and love having them as ambassadors for this country.

I am genuinely proud of the traditions we have...state opening, trooping of the colours, changing of the guard, etc. Nobody does it as well as we do.

Fair enough, Gloucs. I just can't see it myself. I think it's lunacy for a Nation to allow itself to be ruled by an unelected person, and more so if that person is picked due to some weird notion of having royal blood.

And I love tradition as much as the next man.

I'm not getting excited by it, I just don't get it.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 5441 views1BobbyHazell

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:58 - Jun 27 by Mytch_QPR

I think this thread demonstrates how polarised the nation has become. Broadly, you have the pro-EU people, who are not particularly attached to the monarchy - then the remainers, who would regard themselves as patriotic and very much in favour of the Royal family.

I can't see anything other than hung parliaments for a while if this situation continues - which need not necessarily be a bad thing if parties work together (or bribe each other sucessfully).

Careful with your lazy and simplistic generalisations Mytch. There are plenty of us who are not particularly enamoured with either of those institutions.
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:18 - Jun 27 with 5434 viewsQPR_John

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:15 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, Gloucs. I just can't see it myself. I think it's lunacy for a Nation to allow itself to be ruled by an unelected person, and more so if that person is picked due to some weird notion of having royal blood.

And I love tradition as much as the next man.

I'm not getting excited by it, I just don't get it.

The point is the Queen does not have any practical power. We are ruled by the elected members of parliament
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:20 - Jun 27 with 5422 viewsMytch_QPR

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:17 - Jun 27 by 1BobbyHazell

Careful with your lazy and simplistic generalisations Mytch. There are plenty of us who are not particularly enamoured with either of those institutions.

I knew it was a bad idea to get back on to any political thread....

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:23 - Jun 27 with 5406 viewsjohncharles

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 13:36 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Spot on Brian.
Money given to the Royals is always justified by "they bring in more than they take out. They're good value for money" I have yet to see any figures to support this.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 14:31]

Strong and stable my arse.

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:30 - Jun 27 with 5358 views1BobbyHazell

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:20 - Jun 27 by Mytch_QPR

I knew it was a bad idea to get back on to any political thread....

I'm sorry if you are upset by my reply Mytch. Just my honest opinion of what I felt was quite an unnecessary and over simplistic attempt to brexit-ise a thread.
Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 5319 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Queen gets a £6m annual increase on 14:18 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

The point is the Queen does not have any practical power. We are ruled by the elected members of parliament

The day after the election she was the only person in Britain with any power. It was she that had the power to say yes or no to May as to whether she could form a Government.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024