Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STANS GAME 21:31 - Jul 4 with 46808 viewsdigswellhoop

IAM TOTALY DISGUSTED THAT ONLY 3.500 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD WHWRE ARE THE QPR FANS IF ITS NOT A FULL HOUSE WE WILL BE A DISGRACE
STANS GAME on 09:14 - Jul 5 with 3123 viewsRunner14

STANS GAME on 08:01 - Jul 5 by Pommyhoop

We've got to get a full house for The Man.
Anything less is embarrassing.
Brentford would probably fill up GP for him.

Don't you remember the Stan Bowles testimonial at Griffin Park , mid 80's, Brentford v Rangers. Gerry Francis & Rodney Marsh playing. Don't think the crowd was any more than 5,000.
STANS GAME on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 3098 viewsrunningman75

Was not good timing for the game. Think the first or second week of school holidays and season started a week later. Not enough notice and more planning should have been given for a date for this game.
STANS GAME on 09:23 - Jul 5 with 3087 viewscyprusmel

STANS GAME on 07:36 - Jul 5 by PunteR

Best way to get things out there is on social media. Facebook etc..

That might be the problem PunterR, I don't use face book, twitter or any other media except my computer.
I can't be the only one, can I ?
STANS GAME on 09:43 - Jul 5 with 3053 viewsNorthernr

STANS GAME on 09:23 - Jul 5 by cyprusmel

That might be the problem PunterR, I don't use face book, twitter or any other media except my computer.

I often think this about football marketing. there's an assumption that everybody is just on social media and message boards and it's not the case. A lot of the guys who sit round me, who've been going since the 60s and 70s so you'd think would be prime target for this match, don't have any of it.

I'm on the database at Hull FC and regularly get leaflets and offers through the post about events, games, merchandise. Rarely anything at all from QPR.
STANS GAME on 09:47 - Jul 5 with 3043 viewsdaveB

STANS GAME on 09:19 - Jul 5 by runningman75

Was not good timing for the game. Think the first or second week of school holidays and season started a week later. Not enough notice and more planning should have been given for a date for this game.

The game was announced in May so more than two months notice for a game should be enough really, plus fans don't need to g they just need to buy a ticket so the date, opponents etc should be irrelevant

The club couldn't win. they talked about having the game in October but were told that Stan needed the money now and they needed to put a game on and the same people saying that are now moaning the game is on in July rather than in October. They really are restricted to when they can play games, if they do it in an international break half the players are not around and if you do it in pre season then most fans are on holiday
STANS GAME on 09:48 - Jul 5 with 3045 viewsstevec

You're not. Didn't even know there was a row going on until this thread.

Hope it is a success for Stan but this club has never been great for supporting testimonials. If I remember right, biggest crowd we've had for one was Micky Leach's v Brann Bergen (I think, and about 10,000?)
STANS GAME on 09:52 - Jul 5 with 3028 viewsloftboy

STANS GAME on 09:48 - Jul 5 by stevec

Hope it is a success for Stan but this club has never been great for supporting testimonials. If I remember right, biggest crowd we've had for one was Micky Leach's v Brann Bergen (I think, and about 10,000?)

Maccas was a big turn out if I remember rightly, George Best played.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

STANS GAME on 09:56 - Jul 5 with 3001 viewsfrancisbowles

STANS GAME on 09:52 - Jul 5 by loftboy

Maccas was a big turn out if I remember rightly, George Best played.

I think George Best played is a slight exaggeration. From what I remember he squeezed on the shirt, appeared on the pitch and walked around a bit. Fair play to the legend for coming but he didn't have anything left at that stage.
Login to get fewer ads

STANS GAME on 10:20 - Jul 5 with 2938 viewssuperstan

I have said previously that there was an evening with Stan about 10 years ago at the Laurel and Hardy by the Target, attendance was was me May mate and his daughter, totally embarrassed for him.
STANS GAME on 10:54 - Jul 5 with 2893 viewsPunteR

Cmon cyprusmel.. get with the times man.

Not sure about leaflets through the door idea.
Stans game is on the offish. Maybe promote the game via radio adverts and tv.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

STANS GAME on 11:26 - Jul 5 with 2815 viewsfrancisbowles

STANS GAME on 10:54 - Jul 5 by PunteR

Cmon cyprusmel.. get with the times man.

Not sure about leaflets through the door idea.
Stans game is on the offish. Maybe promote the game via radio adverts and tv.?

But leaflets, tv, radio all cost money.

We should be able to get to enough people through the official and unofficial sites and a few free plugs on London surrounding areas radio and TV channels.

Be helpful if our celebrity fans could plug it on their sites as well.
STANS GAME on 11:38 - Jul 5 with 2785 viewsdaveB

STANS GAME on 11:26 - Jul 5 by francisbowles

But leaflets, tv, radio all cost money.

We should be able to get to enough people through the official and unofficial sites and a few free plugs on London surrounding areas radio and TV channels.

Be helpful if our celebrity fans could plug it on their sites as well.

Robert Elms has mentioned it on his radio show several times
STANS GAME on 11:44 - Jul 5 with 2769 viewsfrancisbowles

STANS GAME on 11:38 - Jul 5 by daveB

Robert Elms has mentioned it on his radio show several times

Yes DaveB and he reads some of this as well as he has mentioned LFW before.

We do however have a plethora of musicians, actors, politicians etc who are also fans so they could, at least, give it a plug as well.
STANS GAME on 11:58 - Jul 5 with 2731 viewsAntti_Heinola

STANS GAME on 10:20 - Jul 5 by superstan

I have said previously that there was an evening with Stan about 10 years ago at the Laurel and Hardy by the Target, attendance was was me May mate and his daughter, totally embarrassed for him.

I really don't buy thus people don't know about it stuff. They do. Of course they do. The odd one, maybe. But sending out leaflets etc seems an unnecessary expense. When it's a big game people know quickly enough what time to get online abd buy tickets.

I think there are sevetal factors, the main one being the vast majority of people won't buy tickets in advance for a friendly game. The next is that, as has been said above, the whole Stan thing has been a kwars with various partiesin competition to show who cares more about Stan. And i think those fans grossly overestimayed what sort of crowd Stan would attract. Hope i'm wrong and am sure on the day the turnstile les will do a brisk trade - so brisk that people will complain the club werent irganised enough to meet the demands of on the day sales. Thats how it works. When the club b does bend over backwatds, they still get pelters.

As for someone above saying they went to a Stan benefit and no one was there... i went to one around 2000ish with QPR die hards of the time like markrtid, lloydy, coley, joeletaxi etc and it was rammed in the pub. And it was a fantastic night.

Bare bones.

STANS GAME on 12:18 - Jul 5 with 2674 viewsrunningman75

STANS GAME on 09:47 - Jul 5 by daveB

The game was announced in May so more than two months notice for a game should be enough really, plus fans don't need to g they just need to buy a ticket so the date, opponents etc should be irrelevant

The club couldn't win. they talked about having the game in October but were told that Stan needed the money now and they needed to put a game on and the same people saying that are now moaning the game is on in July rather than in October. They really are restricted to when they can play games, if they do it in an international break half the players are not around and if you do it in pre season then most fans are on holiday

families book summer holidays way before May usually.
STANS GAME on 12:26 - Jul 5 with 2642 viewsTacticalR

STANS GAME on 08:45 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Lads, we already have a thread.

Can't believe you've fallen for this WUM.

We need site software that automatically detects and flags WUMs.

Air hostess clique

STANS GAME on 12:38 - Jul 5 with 2592 viewsStanisgod

STANS GAME on 09:14 - Jul 5 by Runner14

Don't you remember the Stan Bowles testimonial at Griffin Park , mid 80's, Brentford v Rangers. Gerry Francis & Rodney Marsh playing. Don't think the crowd was any more than 5,000.

Wasn't that the game Tony Roberts made his debut and had an absolute blinder and we thought we had the new Phil Parkes ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

STANS GAME on 12:45 - Jul 5 with 2569 viewsdaveB

STANS GAME on 12:18 - Jul 5 by runningman75

families book summer holidays way before May usually.

of course they do but never known a pre season game to be announced before then. We got less notice for the first league game
STANS GAME on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 2457 viewsLythamR

STANS GAME on 09:48 - Jul 5 by stevec

I am pretty sure the Mick Leach testimonial was against Red Star Belgrade and they may well have been European Cup holders at the time I think we won 4-0 or 4-1

Thing is it was a big draw because we were playing one of europes top clubs in the days when little Euro football was on telly and we also have a team with 4/5 england players plus captains of Scotand and Ireland.

as a 14 yr old I was super excited about that game and the one against Moscow Dinamo which was around the same time

it was also in the days when traffic was a trickle compared to the nightmare today and all it was competing with entertainment wise as 3 main tv channels a couple of radio stations and Cliff Richard staring in "Take me High Love" at the Local Odeon
STANS GAME on 13:36 - Jul 5 with 2405 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 05:40 - Jul 5 by Hayesender

Unless you do social media or message board's, you would hardly know it's even happening.

Speaking to a Rangers fan in his 50's in the pub the other day and the first he heard about it was when I mentioned it

I attend 3/6 games a year. As is my nature, I chat to Rangers fans while travelling, especially on the away trips and, although this and other mb's appear to users to be reflective of QPR support / info / interest, they are not. Over the years I've come to realize that it's only a small proportion of R's who use these mediums, the fans who frequent a local pub I pop into are under the impression that the posters on these boards are erm, well I'll be polite, sad. If this is as widespread as I think it is, then advertising the Stan fixture would require a different approach, direct calling, a nod to Robert Elms, billboard on the Westway , whatever. Just because we're embroiled in Rangers chat sites , we tend to lose sight that to most it's a passing pleasure, well down the list of everyday commitments.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

STANS GAME on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 2390 viewskingsburyR

I'd be there but I'm on me holi-bobs!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

STANS GAME on 13:45 - Jul 5 with 2383 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 13:23 - Jul 5 by LythamR

I am pretty sure the Mick Leach testimonial was against Red Star Belgrade and they may well have been European Cup holders at the time I think we won 4-0 or 4-1

Thing is it was a big draw because we were playing one of europes top clubs in the days when little Euro football was on telly and we also have a team with 4/5 england players plus captains of Scotand and Ireland.

as a 14 yr old I was super excited about that game and the one against Moscow Dinamo which was around the same time

it was also in the days when traffic was a trickle compared to the nightmare today and all it was competing with entertainment wise as 3 main tv channels a couple of radio stations and Cliff Richard staring in "Take me High Love" at the Local Odeon

Mick Leach's Red Star Belgrade programme is about two feet from my left hand as I type, Good pic of him on the cover.

STANS GAME on 15:18 - Jul 5 with 2289 viewsFredManRave

STANS GAME on 12:26 - Jul 5 by TacticalR

We need site software that automatically detects and flags WUMs.

And WAGs.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

STANS GAME on 16:30 - Jul 5 with 2204 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 15:18 - Jul 5 by FredManRave

And WAGs.

Both WMD's.

STANS GAME on 16:39 - Jul 5 with 2178 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024