Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STANS GAME 21:31 - Jul 4 with 46608 viewsdigswellhoop

IAM TOTALY DISGUSTED THAT ONLY 3.500 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD WHWRE ARE THE QPR FANS IF ITS NOT A FULL HOUSE WE WILL BE A DISGRACE
STANS GAME on 11:48 - Jul 25 with 3806 viewsrobith

I can't make it, but pay day today so bought a virtual ticket.

I had a lot of doubts about the whole thing but now it's here nothing to do but put it all to one side and do the best for Stan
STANS GAME on 12:34 - Jul 25 with 3730 viewsrobith

STANS GAME on 11:23 - Jul 25 by kensalriser

Are people buying tickets without intending to go buying the virtual tickets?

Would be a bit silly if the club has to incur the expense of opening another stand when there are a couple of thousand empty seats in the already open stands. I wonder if ordinary tickets can be changed for virtual.

The virtual tickets are bought vs gofundme, not the main ticketing
STANS GAME on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 3605 viewsNov77

Had no idea frank worthington also had Alzheimer's.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 14:42 - Jul 25 with 3487 viewsrichranger

UPPER LOFT NOW OPEN!

Much more like it! Hope they open Ellerslie Road stand too.
STANS GAME on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 3464 viewsDejR_vu

STANS GAME on 09:08 - Jul 25 by thorpebankR

Sadly Frank also has alzheimers.

It wasn't a dig

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

STANS GAME on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 3450 viewsNov77

statement on Stan's Facebook page:
We have took quite a while to get round to writing this post, and it is something that we wish we didn't have to. But, with great heartfelt regret, the up-and-coming QPR friendly with Bournemouth will sadly be the last time Stan will be able to attend Loftus Road.
Stan's health has deteriorated greatly over the past year and as much as Loftus Road has been his second home for over 40 years, regretfully it is time for Stan to bid a tearful farewell.
Stan will always love QPR and Loftus Road, especially the fans, who have shown him so much love and affection since he first took over the number 10 shirt from Rodney Marsh in 1972.
Alzheimer's like many diseases is cruel, but uniquely strips away the very thing that makes the person unique, and we're sure you'll agree Stanley Bowles was very unique, both as an exceptionally talented footballer and a genuine person, who never forgot his roots or the fans.
Whilst Stan's health has deteriorated, rest assured that we are still hopeful that we can find treatment for him. Like a true Bowles, we are dogged and determined that he will be cared for to the best of our ability.
There has been a lot of talk online about the "loyalty" of QPR fans regarding the up-and-coming friendly on Saturday 29th July 2017, when QPR host Bournemouth in a friendly to commemorate Stan, but as Stan himself might say, don't feel obliged to go, go because you want to go.
Tickets are still on sale and we look forward to seeing you there - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/qpr/details/event.aspx…
On behalf of Stan and his family, we thank you for your continued support.
P.S. If you cannot make it, could you kindly share this post on your timeline. Thank you.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 15:06 - Jul 25 with 3439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Virtual ticket bought.

Great work being done here by fans and club alike.

Only wish I could be there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

STANS GAME on 16:18 - Jul 25 with 3343 viewskarl

STANS GAME on 15:01 - Jul 25 by Nov77

statement on Stan's Facebook page:
We have took quite a while to get round to writing this post, and it is something that we wish we didn't have to. But, with great heartfelt regret, the up-and-coming QPR friendly with Bournemouth will sadly be the last time Stan will be able to attend Loftus Road.
Stan's health has deteriorated greatly over the past year and as much as Loftus Road has been his second home for over 40 years, regretfully it is time for Stan to bid a tearful farewell.
Stan will always love QPR and Loftus Road, especially the fans, who have shown him so much love and affection since he first took over the number 10 shirt from Rodney Marsh in 1972.
Alzheimer's like many diseases is cruel, but uniquely strips away the very thing that makes the person unique, and we're sure you'll agree Stanley Bowles was very unique, both as an exceptionally talented footballer and a genuine person, who never forgot his roots or the fans.
Whilst Stan's health has deteriorated, rest assured that we are still hopeful that we can find treatment for him. Like a true Bowles, we are dogged and determined that he will be cared for to the best of our ability.
There has been a lot of talk online about the "loyalty" of QPR fans regarding the up-and-coming friendly on Saturday 29th July 2017, when QPR host Bournemouth in a friendly to commemorate Stan, but as Stan himself might say, don't feel obliged to go, go because you want to go.
Tickets are still on sale and we look forward to seeing you there - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/qpr/details/event.aspx…
On behalf of Stan and his family, we thank you for your continued support.
P.S. If you cannot make it, could you kindly share this post on your timeline. Thank you.

That's the way to go about keeping people informed, well done to the family for a dignified update.
I'll get a virtual ticket too, seems the easiest/best way to help out
Login to get fewer ads

STANS GAME on 18:45 - Jul 25 with 3173 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 09:29 - Jul 25 by Hadders

Wanted to confirm that I saw Stanley play for us as a child, I just watched this enjoyable rout on YouTube, as it was the second Rangers game I attended. An interesting watch, as the great man seems to cut a rather lonely figure here, clapping but not celebrating with other players. Obviously this was a far worse team than the 1975-6 one, but never mind Bowles, what would wouldn't we give for Roeder and Allen et al now?

[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 9:30]

He'd seen it all before.

But, where do you get that observation from? I remember feeling sorry for Burnley as the match wore on, no-one was overly celebrating by the time the seventh hit the back of the net.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

STANS GAME on 19:56 - Jul 25 with 3076 viewsbosh67

STANS GAME on 18:45 - Jul 25 by Boston

He'd seen it all before.

But, where do you get that observation from? I remember feeling sorry for Burnley as the match wore on, no-one was overly celebrating by the time the seventh hit the back of the net.

I was there that day. Really felt for O'Rouke in goal. 7 past him on his debut and none were his fault. He was in tears at the end so it was good to see the Rangers plays go over to him at the end and laugh at him. No, but they put their arm around him and consoled him. It was good to see because the kid was in pieces.

I wish we could find another ball playing DB like Roeder. He was brilliant. I also forgot how talented Barry Wallace was. About 18/19 when he played for us but sadly died of cancer in 2006 aged just 47.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

STANS GAME on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 3006 viewsHadders

Tragically, Billy O'Rourke, the Burnley keeper having his debut that day, died aged just 41 (he has a Wikipedia entry). Boston, I got that impression about Stanley from a few moments in that footage, but I don't want to hijack this thread with something so irrelevant.

Really looking forward to this game now (much more than the real season) - just hope our hero somehow registers what is going on and that it makes him happy for a while.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 1:00]
STANS GAME on 05:06 - Jul 26 with 2789 viewssmegma

Anyone opting for the £40 breakfast on Saturday ?????

Bargain.
STANS GAME on 12:05 - Jul 26 with 2578 viewsLadbrokeR

Pull your finger out people lets put the effort in for this one.
STANS GAME on 14:20 - Jul 26 with 2434 viewslondonscottish

STANS GAME on 11:34 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Upper Loft open now.

Quite a few had already gone when I booked mine yesterday afternoon.

Five of us going.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

STANS GAME on 14:24 - Jul 26 with 2424 views1MoreBrightonR

3 or 4 of us will probably decide on the day if we go but chances are, we will head down.
STANS GAME on 14:54 - Jul 26 with 2382 viewsCamberleyR

Three tickets bought for Upper Loft

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

STANS GAME on 15:31 - Jul 26 with 2319 viewskingo

Reported to be 7000 now plus I think there will be quite a few turn up on the day. Glad I got mine early in the Platinum seats.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

STANS GAME on 16:13 - Jul 26 with 2236 viewssmegma

STANS GAME on 15:31 - Jul 26 by kingo

Reported to be 7000 now plus I think there will be quite a few turn up on the day. Glad I got mine early in the Platinum seats.

W12 sold out as is the rest of SAR i believe.
STANS GAME on 17:43 - Jul 26 with 2142 viewsNov77

7,000 confirmed.

I reckon they'll be at least 1,000 pay on the day, maybe more

STANS GAME on 17:50 - Jul 26 with 2135 viewsNorthernr

STANS GAME on 17:43 - Jul 26 by Nov77

7,000 confirmed.

I reckon they'll be at least 1,000 pay on the day, maybe more

It'll get past 10,000 with pay on the day, think I said 12,000 back at the start of this.
Loads of people get paid 25th or last Friday of the month.

This post has been edited by an administrator
STANS GAME on 18:21 - Jul 26 with 2093 viewsJAPRANGERS

Wish I could be there but I've bought a virtual ticket. Such a shame what's happened to Stan. I hope he's able to appreciate and enjoy the day.
STANS GAME on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 2052 viewsted_hendrix

It's good news that ticket sales are going up, I think Saturday afternoon is going to be quite emotional, It will be for me anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

STANS GAME on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 1756 viewsLadbrokeR

I expect a chorus of born is the king of Loftus Road.
STANS GAME on 12:33 - Jul 27 with 1706 viewsenfieldargh

Les on Talk sport this morning 7.5K now sold

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

STANS GAME on 12:35 - Jul 27 with 1700 viewsmakaveli1882

STANS GAME on 17:50 - Jul 26 by Northernr

It'll get past 10,000 with pay on the day, think I said 12,000 back at the start of this.
Loads of people get paid 25th or last Friday of the month.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Good post that Clive, I get paid friday, thou I have the funds today but I dont want to pay the £3.50 card charge when I can just pay on the day.

*Kingo - Danny is taking the girls to their first game and he has not brought yet so thats another 5 tickets

Not sure how this virtual ticket works but could still be large spaces if a seat is actually allocated to the virtual ticket

but there will be a lot of walks up's on the day .... I hope
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024