Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies to Sunderland? 10:00 - Jul 10 with 21061 viewsbosh67

A few rumours around in the press that a bid may be imminent. I would very much hope we can keep him but I can also see this potentially happening.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:03 - Jul 10 with 6844 viewsNorthernr

Worked with Grayson previously at Huddersfield.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:15 - Jul 10 with 6785 views1BobbyHazell

Is this real or just standard getwestlondon/HITC clickbait madeuppery?
Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:16 - Jul 10 with 6776 viewsdaveB

As good as he is this would make sense for the club to sell as we have a ready made replacement
Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:23 - Jul 10 with 6747 viewseghamranger

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:16 - Jul 10 by daveB

As good as he is this would make sense for the club to sell as we have a ready made replacement

They also need a keeper and have a pot of cash!!
Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:35 - Jul 10 with 6697 viewsTacticalR

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:23 - Jul 10 by eghamranger

They also need a keeper and have a pot of cash!!

Is that like a magic money tree?

Air hostess clique

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:41 - Jul 10 with 6665 viewsBklynRanger

How much cheddar are we talking about here?
Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:43 - Jul 10 with 6659 viewsHAYESBOY

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:41 - Jul 10 by BklynRanger

How much cheddar are we talking about here?

If Pickford is 30m, then we should ask for 10m at least.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:44 - Jul 10 with 6639 viewsDorse

I don't want him to leave - quite frankly he was easily the best thing about last season's team. However, Ingram is no slouch and Lumley was getting rave reviews on loan. If we can get ridiculous money for him, it has to be good business.

The club has obviously thought about succession planning this time, rather than lose a player and have to scrabble around madly trying to pick up a signing whilst paying over the odds as the selling club knows we're desperate.

Does Les's evil know no bounds?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:07 - Jul 10 with 6529 viewseghamranger

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:44 - Jul 10 by Dorse

I don't want him to leave - quite frankly he was easily the best thing about last season's team. However, Ingram is no slouch and Lumley was getting rave reviews on loan. If we can get ridiculous money for him, it has to be good business.

The club has obviously thought about succession planning this time, rather than lose a player and have to scrabble around madly trying to pick up a signing whilst paying over the odds as the selling club knows we're desperate.

Got to be 10 million!!
Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:12 - Jul 10 with 6501 viewsBklynRanger

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:43 - Jul 10 by HAYESBOY

If Pickford is 30m, then we should ask for 10m at least.

That's a lot of scratch. For that much we could get a lightweight kunt winger, a blows hot and cold striker and a dopey fcuker centre back. Seems like a no brainer.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:27 - Jul 10 with 6432 viewssimmo

Been said before but we need to sell to buy and although he's our best player, he's also the only person in the team that has a suitable replacement already there (and a 3rd choice ready to step up and be number 2). It also kind of solves the problem of what we are going to do with 3 very good keepers, 2 of which need games to continued development.

If we can get a decent price with £4-5m+ up front then it makes sense to take it and re-invest that elsewhere.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:31 - Jul 10 with 6417 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:12 - Jul 10 by BklynRanger

That's a lot of scratch. For that much we could get a lightweight kunt winger, a blows hot and cold striker and a dopey fcuker centre back. Seems like a no brainer.

Well yes we could do that or, we could invest in more midfielders. I believe with us intent on selling Ariel and Coyote, we might be down to our last dozen!

Utter madness to get rid of these two and leave us so clearly exposed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:47 - Jul 10 with 6329 viewsGloucs_R

£6m now or £2m after we've been relegated?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:52 - Jul 10 with 6295 viewspaulparker

I see Johnson is going to villa for 5 million , surely we have to get more for smithies ,
they have money to burn after selling pickford I really hope we don't roll over and get shafted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:54 - Jul 10 with 6297 viewsbob566

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:27 - Jul 10 by simmo

Been said before but we need to sell to buy and although he's our best player, he's also the only person in the team that has a suitable replacement already there (and a 3rd choice ready to step up and be number 2). It also kind of solves the problem of what we are going to do with 3 very good keepers, 2 of which need games to continued development.

If we can get a decent price with £4-5m+ up front then it makes sense to take it and re-invest that elsewhere.

that seems very cheap to me. Why does qpr always feel like we're walking away from deals with magic beans in our hands.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:12 - Jul 10 with 6195 viewssmegma

Smithies to Sunderland? on 10:44 - Jul 10 by Dorse

Don't forget Lee Hoos role in this . How dare he not get Real Madrid to play for Stan eh ???
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 6152 viewsYorkRanger

Be it to Sunderland or elsewhere, if the price is right I'd have no problem selling Smithies.

He is our most marketable asset and notwithstanding the concerns about the prospect of another bunch of new signings, we clearly will need some new blood and selling to buy seems inevitable
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:26 - Jul 10 with 6120 viewssimmo

Smithies to Sunderland? on 11:54 - Jul 10 by bob566

that seems very cheap to me. Why does qpr always feel like we're walking away from deals with magic beans in our hands.

Well yes you would like to get more for one of the best in the entire league, but anything £5m+ has to be tempting considering what we paid and based on the fact we wouldn't have to spend anything at all to replace him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:31 - Jul 10 with 6091 viewsmakaveli1882

Reject at all costs unless its over 10 million.

The club is set up for relegation as it is , selling him would the suicide.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:35 - Jul 10 with 6060 viewsenfieldargh

Yes and remember the old food chain, we big b'lox money bags qpr got Smithies of some under-performing Championship team for was it £1.2 million and they invested wisely...I wonder what happened to them?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:37 - Jul 10 with 6048 viewsSuffolkHoop

Sell him for good money if he wants to go, we'll play Ingram.

This is how QPR should be run in my opinion. Buy low, sell high, promote youth.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:38 - Jul 10 with 6045 viewsbob566

Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:31 - Jul 10 by makaveli1882

Reject at all costs unless its over 10 million.

The club is set up for relegation as it is , selling him would the suicide.

that's my feeling too. Ten million and add ons too.
Smithies to Sunderland? on 12:56 - Jul 10 with 5942 viewsGloucs_R

Not going to get £10m. £6m tops IMO.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies to Sunderland? on 13:19 - Jul 10 with 5819 viewsDejR_vu

He's the only reason we're not in League1 next season. False economy imo. We'll be weaker in the goalkeeping department, and given what outfield players are costing these days, we'll end up with quantity not quality. I think we'll be weaker overall.

Three most important personnel on the playing side: manager, goalkeeper, striker. We'll end up average or weak in all three.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smithies to Sunderland? on 13:19 - Jul 10 with 5810 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ask for 13, haggle for 10M?

Why not???

Think big QPR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024