Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebrity picnics 11:18 - Jul 10 with 6648 viewsKonk

Is anyone else having problems with celebrity picnickers gravitating towards them when you’re out enjoying the sunshine with family and friends? Last weekend, we were having a picnic on Parliament Hill, when we became aware that Louis Theroux and family had pitched camp only a few feet away from us. Not only that, but they were then joined by Peter Serafinowicz, his wife Sarah Alexander and their children. They were then joined by James Delaney and his family. At this point, it was getting out of hand; is this the most celebrities ever to gather around a picnic blanket? The relevance of this? One of Louis Theroux’s sons was wearing a QPR away shirt — respect for supporting his local team.

Then, yesterday, we were up at Highgate Woods and it became apparent that Meera Syall and Sanjeev Bhaskar were hosting some sort of celebrations with a vast number of family and friends — right next to where we were sat. I should note that I was not a fan of Bhaskar’s ¾ length Adidas trackie bottoms. No-one was wearing a Rangers shirt.

Which people off the telly have you picnicked with this Summer?

PS. Whilst spending the day with the Syall/Bhaskar party, I was playing football with my 2 ½ year old son and rather than him just picking the ball up and running off, he finally got the concept of passing - tidy feet and great vision - used both feet without prompting too - and he asked me, “Which team do you like, Daddy?”, I said, “I like Fulham”, and he said, “I like Fulham too”. I was genuinely quite teary. This is a very important development as when I finish work in a couple of weeks, my wife is going to be giving me pocket money, and Fulham tickets and travel are meant to be coming out of that. However, now that my son officially supports Fulham, I can take him to games and secure funding from the Family bank account. Bingo. Chuffed to bits.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 11:34]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Celebrity picnics on 11:59 - Jul 10 with 5222 viewsMick_S

I'll pay for your tickets mate - you know that.

You sure Theroux wasn't making a documentary about strange people?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 11:59]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Celebrity picnics on 12:03 - Jul 10 with 5200 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Celebrity picnics on 11:59 - Jul 10 by Mick_S

It does sound like he has turned his son into one ;)
Celebrity picnics on 12:07 - Jul 10 with 5181 viewssmegma

'Random picnickers' ..... More like celebrity stalking.
Celebrity picnics on 13:11 - Jul 10 with 5122 viewsqueensparker

Louis Theroux lives quite near me in a fairly sh*tty part of Harlesden, good to see his kids are keeping it real with the local team. It's a sea of Chelsea/Arsenal/Barcelona shirts usually
Celebrity picnics on 14:07 - Jul 10 with 5021 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 11:59 - Jul 10 by Mick_S

I appreciate the kind offer, Mick - you're an absolute gent. However, I have my pride, and as a man in his forties, it wouldn't feel right, you paying for me to take my son to the football. So, if it's all the same to you, I'll get them out of my pocket money/the family funds.

Celebrity picnics on 14:09 - Jul 10 with 5010 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 12:03 - Jul 10 by CroydonCaptJack

It does sound like he has turned his son into one ;)

Oi! He's set for life, now. I used to sing Viva el Fulham to him when he was a little baby, so subliminally, it was always there. He just didn't have the words. That said, we're currently in the process of buying a place about a 5-10 minute walk from Ashton Gate, so not sure how it will all pan out.

Celebrity picnics on 14:13 - Jul 10 with 4996 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 12:07 - Jul 10 by smegma

'Random picnickers' ..... More like celebrity stalking.

We were there first on Parliament Hill and I hadn't noticed Syall or Bhaskar in amongst their enormous party, before we'd settled down. It's not me stalking them - quite the opposite.

I should add that in each encounter, the celebrity picnickers behaved responsibly, with dignified reserve and with great consideration for the general public.

Celebrity picnics on 14:15 - Jul 10 with 4990 viewsDejR_vu

I would imagine Louis Theroux is, as we speak, posting on a 'luvvy' forum about the problem of 'Konkers' and the 'non-luvvy' like gravitating towards them when out enjoying the sunshine.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Celebrity picnics on 14:18 - Jul 10 with 4977 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 14:15 - Jul 10 by DejR_vu

I would imagine Louis Theroux is, as we speak, posting on a 'luvvy' forum about the problem of 'Konkers' and the 'non-luvvy' like gravitating towards them when out enjoying the sunshine.

We kept a very respectful distance, which I think was greatly appreciated by their gathering. Plus, we were clearly there first. We thought about staging a counter celebrity picnic involving our mate who's a TV presenter and my brother's mate who's a well known artist, but we thought that would be a bit gauche.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 14:19]

Celebrity picnics on 14:21 - Jul 10 with 4954 viewsSonofNorfolt

Don't let your son support Bristol City or I'll have to punch him.
Celebrity picnics on 14:26 - Jul 10 with 4943 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 14:21 - Jul 10 by SonofNorfolt

Don't let your son support Bristol City or I'll have to punch him.

Fuc king Hell, Mel: He's only little and he's got the face of an Angel!

Celebrity picnics on 14:38 - Jul 10 with 4920 viewspaulparker

Konk you couldn't be more Fulham if you tried with this thread

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Celebrity picnics on 14:46 - Jul 10 with 4900 viewsMick_S

Celebrity picnics on 14:09 - Jul 10 by Konk

Oi! He's set for life, now. I used to sing Viva el Fulham to him when he was a little baby, so subliminally, it was always there. He just didn't have the words. That said, we're currently in the process of buying a place about a 5-10 minute walk from Ashton Gate, so not sure how it will all pan out.

That's beautiful mate - this is how we used to sing to my youngest when he was having trouble dropping off - night or day!!!!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Celebrity picnics on 14:59 - Jul 10 with 4861 viewsSonofNorfolt

Celebrity picnics on 14:26 - Jul 10 by Konk

Fuc king Hell, Mel: He's only little and he's got the face of an Angel!

Tough love Konk baby. You see Mick and I grew up on the Greenford and Northolt border area known as the Golan Flats. Hard but fair.
Following Bristol Rovers on the other hand would only merit a Chinese burn or a cauliflower ear.
Celebrity picnics on 21:37 - Jul 10 with 4649 viewsPeterHucker

About 20 years ago Louis Theroux lived on the same street as me (Ormiston Grove, about 5 minutes walk from Loftus Road)
Celebrity picnics on 23:05 - Jul 10 with 4561 viewsTacticalR

I've nothing against individual celebs, it's when they gather in large groups I get worried.

Air hostess clique

Celebrity picnics on 23:09 - Jul 10 with 4553 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Celebrity picnics on 14:09 - Jul 10 by Konk

I meant Theroux not you Konk!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 23:10]
Celebrity picnics on 23:19 - Jul 10 with 4525 viewsjohncharles

You should your picnics at Warren Farm. Never saw a soul there when I took my dogs for a walk.

Strong and stable my arse.

Celebrity picnics on 08:59 - Jul 11 with 4357 viewsW13R

This is not as good as Konk's day out but I managed to see three celeb's in one morning. So, a couple of weeks ago I had a meeting in the west end so boarded the bus at Clerkenwell and sat next to Alexei Sayle and got a "morning" out of him. I then jumped off the bus in Oxford Street and passed George Clarke. Finally arrive outside the building where the meeting is being held and Bill Nighy walks past and says "what a gorgeous morning" in his very posh english accent (no doubt a Fulham fan as he is very dapper in real life as well as on the big screen!)
Celebrity picnics on 09:29 - Jul 11 with 4318 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 14:59 - Jul 10 by SonofNorfolt

Tough love Konk baby. You see Mick and I grew up on the Greenford and Northolt border area known as the Golan Flats. Hard but fair.
Following Bristol Rovers on the other hand would only merit a Chinese burn or a cauliflower ear.

I prefer Rovers over City, but it's the wrong side of town. Ideally, if he likes football he'll be Fulham. Alternatively, he might want to support his local side, which I'd be okay with in theory, and if he's going to have a football club round the corner, it would probably make more sense to support them than a team on the other side of the city - especially as Rovers are hoping to move to a new out of town ground, which are nearly always dispiriting places.

Celebrity picnics on 09:35 - Jul 11 with 4307 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 08:59 - Jul 11 by W13R

This is not as good as Konk's day out but I managed to see three celeb's in one morning. So, a couple of weeks ago I had a meeting in the west end so boarded the bus at Clerkenwell and sat next to Alexei Sayle and got a "morning" out of him. I then jumped off the bus in Oxford Street and passed George Clarke. Finally arrive outside the building where the meeting is being held and Bill Nighy walks past and says "what a gorgeous morning" in his very posh english accent (no doubt a Fulham fan as he is very dapper in real life as well as on the big screen!)

I'd say you've comfortably topped my efforts - you've had verbal interaction, whereas ours were more not-officially-invited-but-spending-the-day-with-people-off-the-telly-anyway public gatherings. Three good spots as well - I even quite like George Clarke, although I'm not a fan of his leather jacket(s?). I'd imagine it's a bit too muggy out for one of those today. Rain forecast for later, but I'd imagine he'll tough that out in a t-shirt, what with him being from Sunderland. Far too swampy for leather.

Celebrity picnics on 09:36 - Jul 11 with 4306 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 23:09 - Jul 10 by CroydonCaptJack

I meant Theroux not you Konk!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 23:10]

Oh, yeah! Sorry, that's me being paranoid!

Celebrity picnics on 09:50 - Jul 11 with 4285 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 14:38 - Jul 10 by paulparker

Konk you couldn't be more Fulham if you tried with this thread

Mate, you don’t know the half of it. My mate’s wife had bought along bunting! She hung it up in a tree — and it wasn’t even a birthday or anything — just a get together on the Heath. And we picked up our picnic supplies from M&S in Crouch End — which would have been the most middle class thing in the world anyway, but we managed to top it off by using our hessian Waitrose bags for life. And even more middle class than that, I got stressed about using the Waitrose bags because I thought it might offend the M&S staff, and said to the woman on the till, “I’m sorry, these are the only bags we had at home” and she quite rightly looked at me like I was absolutely mental. There was prosecco and G&Ts knocking about too. No red trousers, though. Too hot for those.

Celebrity picnics on 11:14 - Jul 11 with 4201 viewssmegma

Celebrity picnics on 09:50 - Jul 11 by Konk

Mate, you don’t know the half of it. My mate’s wife had bought along bunting! She hung it up in a tree — and it wasn’t even a birthday or anything — just a get together on the Heath. And we picked up our picnic supplies from M&S in Crouch End — which would have been the most middle class thing in the world anyway, but we managed to top it off by using our hessian Waitrose bags for life. And even more middle class than that, I got stressed about using the Waitrose bags because I thought it might offend the M&S staff, and said to the woman on the till, “I’m sorry, these are the only bags we had at home” and she quite rightly looked at me like I was absolutely mental. There was prosecco and G&Ts knocking about too. No red trousers, though. Too hot for those.

Beige chinos and a tweed jacket should suffice. With collar and tir of course. And deck shoes. The slip on variety as the butler was given the day off to go to Clacton On Sea .

******Cheese and biscuits does not mean dairylea and chocolate hobnobs******
Celebrity picnics on 12:45 - Jul 11 with 4122 viewsBklynRanger

I've got some kind of celebrity blindness. Tina Turner could be working her way through a biriani on a rug beside me and I wouldn't notice.

Last week I managed to get stared in the face by David Attenborough and had to be told afterwards who it was - and I fcuking love that man. I put it down to a seriously bad stigmatism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024