Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" 14:10 - Jul 18 with 24485 viewsLunarJetman

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-ian-hollowa

FFP?
(No subject) on 15:19 - Jul 19 with 3245 viewsNorthernr

(No subject) on 15:08 - Jul 19 by spencer

Paul...agree with that.

I liked the Warnock signings...they made a bit of sense... I also agree about...it was nice to have a decent signing or two.....until the signings just turned up for the money...and then the fans...or some fans..appeared to have a frontal lobotomy. By then and as Northernr has alluded to...the damage was done. Not sure if we will ever recover.
Perch and Bidwell are not the best full backs but boy do they get some stick. As does Perch's rival, Furlong. I even heard fans have a dig at Smithies last season...oh his kicking could be better.

Smithies' kicking could be better? All bets are off, that's not a football issue or a QPR issue or a modern game issue or a social media issue - that's just your standard prat. Unless they relax the rules and start letting him fire heat-seeking footballs out of a cannon I'm not sure how much better they want his kicking to be.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:27 - Jul 19 with 3217 viewsdaveB

10 years this August since the money came into the club with Flavio and the club are back in exactly the same position we were that summer.
(No subject) on 15:28 - Jul 19 with 3214 viewskensalriser

(No subject) on 15:19 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Smithies' kicking could be better? All bets are off, that's not a football issue or a QPR issue or a modern game issue or a social media issue - that's just your standard prat. Unless they relax the rules and start letting him fire heat-seeking footballs out of a cannon I'm not sure how much better they want his kicking to be.

He's never even forced the oppo keeper into making a save so I'm not sure how you can say there isn't room for improvement.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

(No subject) on 15:37 - Jul 19 with 3187 viewsspencer

(No subject) on 15:28 - Jul 19 by kensalriser

He's never even forced the oppo keeper into making a save so I'm not sure how you can say there isn't room for improvement.

Not even started to list the things I heard last season.
Don't get me wrong, there are some well reasoned QPR fans where I sit...but my god....some of them should be just be put down, or not allowed to watch a football match again.

When you start attacking the likes of Smithies Manning and also Luke Freeman, it does start to make you wonder why you even bother.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 15:37]
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:39 - Jul 19 with 3174 viewsvegasranger

So QPR fans are greedy? The only fans that moan at their players? I don't think so. QPR season tickets I'm sure are amongst the highest in the Championship again. Don't they deserve some value for money? It was the owners that screwed up. Allowing Hughes to interview them !! Who really liked that? Who really liked the signings of Zamora and Johnson as our striking force? Two injured, expensive old lags. Who really liked the signings of Boswinga, Park, SWP, Barton, Cesar? What complete waste of money. Who wanted Harry Redknapp? We now have Holloway as manager,so far past it you can't even find his sell by date !! We still don't learn our lessons. Our rumored transfer targets all seem to be in the view of better off Championship clubs or lower Premier league teams. Look at Brentford, just signed Atkins and Maupay. Both very young with potential. How comes we can never find them? We look plodding in comparison. Smith the reject from Fulham is our move.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:48 - Jul 19 with 3148 viewsspencer

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:39 - Jul 19 by vegasranger

So QPR fans are greedy? The only fans that moan at their players? I don't think so. QPR season tickets I'm sure are amongst the highest in the Championship again. Don't they deserve some value for money? It was the owners that screwed up. Allowing Hughes to interview them !! Who really liked that? Who really liked the signings of Zamora and Johnson as our striking force? Two injured, expensive old lags. Who really liked the signings of Boswinga, Park, SWP, Barton, Cesar? What complete waste of money. Who wanted Harry Redknapp? We now have Holloway as manager,so far past it you can't even find his sell by date !! We still don't learn our lessons. Our rumored transfer targets all seem to be in the view of better off Championship clubs or lower Premier league teams. Look at Brentford, just signed Atkins and Maupay. Both very young with potential. How comes we can never find them? We look plodding in comparison. Smith the reject from Fulham is our move.

So. To clarify, ...yes I think QPR fans have become greedy...Not all fans...but quite a few. Not sure if directed at any of my comments, but I didn't just say it was QPR fans. As Northernr has already commented, modern fans have become greedy and impatient.
I went to Maidstone's ground this year as sort of local and my mate lives there. They seem a happy bunch, but then, they have had quite a few years of promotion.
Last year was an indifferent year, but didn't hear any rumblings.

Can only really comment on QPR - as that's the only ground I actually attend. Fans in pubs don't really seem to care that much. From down here on Folkestone...a lot support Manchester United or Liverpool..so they don't count.

Not helped by management boards etc...but then in posted that as well.
Been as Season Ticket holder for past 10 years.... long day out...but for others longer. Not much value for money...not really enjoyable
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:56 - Jul 19 with 3120 viewsdaveB

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:39 - Jul 19 by vegasranger

Sorry but plenty of QPR fans were cheering from the rafters when we signed Barton, SWP, Park, Cesar, Bosingwa etc Was only in hindsight they were slated.

When we sign young players with potential we tend to hound them out if they haven't looked great within 5 games.
(No subject) on 15:56 - Jul 19 with 3120 viewsNorthernr

(No subject) on 15:28 - Jul 19 by kensalriser

He actually has - Burton away last season which was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life and descended into the keepers kicking the ball backwards and forwards between themselves for 15 mins in the second half.
Login to get fewer ads

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 3066 viewsCFW

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:27 - Jul 19 by daveB

10 years this August since the money came into the club with Flavio and the club are back in exactly the same position we were that summer.

That simple statement sum it all up perfectly. The thing that really gets me is we are owned by 'decent people' who have given an awful lot to this club in terms of time, commitment and a shed load of cash. If and it is a big if, we had spent that amount 'better' we would now be a premiership side, not at the top perhaps but a mid table, secure, premiership side.

It goes from bad to worse - why, oh why, is our manager coming out with that kind of statement? Why does Ollie think it is ok to talk in riddles - say what you have to say or allowed to say so we all understand or keep your gob shut!!!
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 16:21 - Jul 19 with 3037 viewsNorthernr

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:56 - Jul 19 by daveB

Sorry but plenty of QPR fans were cheering from the rafters when we signed Barton, SWP, Park, Cesar, Bosingwa etc Was only in hindsight they were slated.

When we sign young players with potential we tend to hound them out if they haven't looked great within 5 games.

And there's still a sizeable section of our support base who would have Barton back, even after all that's happened and all that he's done. "At least he cared"
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:07 - Jul 19 with 2910 viewsDorse

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 16:14 - Jul 19 by CFW

That simple statement sum it all up perfectly. The thing that really gets me is we are owned by 'decent people' who have given an awful lot to this club in terms of time, commitment and a shed load of cash. If and it is a big if, we had spent that amount 'better' we would now be a premiership side, not at the top perhaps but a mid table, secure, premiership side.

It goes from bad to worse - why, oh why, is our manager coming out with that kind of statement? Why does Ollie think it is ok to talk in riddles - say what you have to say or allowed to say so we all understand or keep your gob shut!!!

I doubt that Ollie was trying to come away sounding like the Dalai ('Ollai'?) Lama but the two news outlets, well one and Get West London, put completely different spins on the statement. I think that it is the usual plea for patience. We'll still get the Hoban loan done and the potential move for Yiadom is probably dependent upon us moving Caulker off the payroll.

We might end up in the Prem again - probably not soon but if we get there as a well-run outfit, take the money, take the inevitable relegation and build from there (a la West Brom in the past) it might be alright.

Then again, Scarlett Johanson might randomly guess my phone number, call me and ask me out.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:42 - Jul 19 with 2840 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:07 - Jul 19 by Dorse

I doubt that Ollie was trying to come away sounding like the Dalai ('Ollai'?) Lama but the two news outlets, well one and Get West London, put completely different spins on the statement. I think that it is the usual plea for patience. We'll still get the Hoban loan done and the potential move for Yiadom is probably dependent upon us moving Caulker off the payroll.

We might end up in the Prem again - probably not soon but if we get there as a well-run outfit, take the money, take the inevitable relegation and build from there (a la West Brom in the past) it might be alright.

Then again, Scarlett Johanson might randomly guess my phone number, call me and ask me out.

I agree with your first paragraph completely. Holloway was stitched up by getwestlondon. Could he have worded it better? Yes. But surely we trust Holloway above a well-known $hitrag.

Football may have changed for the worse, but the one thing that hasn't changed is Rangers fans ability to bitch and moan, worry and weep like two-year old pi$$ants.

I used to think it was part of our charm, but that was when we also had a sense of humour. That seems to be in short supply right now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:52 - Jul 19 with 2805 viewsvegasranger

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 16:21 - Jul 19 by Northernr

And there's still a sizeable section of our support base who would have Barton back, even after all that's happened and all that he's done. "At least he cared"

If that's true, it's really sad. Couldn't stand him before he joined, thought he was a cancer with no obvious ability. Still can't stand him !!
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:52 - Jul 19 with 2691 viewsjohncharles

"If that's true"
Sums it up for me. Not a dig at you Vagas but we should all just use our brains a little bit more.
Most of us have known Holloway for many years and we know his heart is in the the right place but his foot is in his mouth.
I DO believe Scarlett Johanson is stalking Dorse.

Strong and stable my arse.

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 2253 viewsrsonist

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/holloway-previews-germany-trip/

While some claimed this was in reference to the conclusion of our FFP hearing, Holloway explained: “I said the bomb has already gone off, in reference to the money that has been spent in the last few years by the club.

“The club have spent an astronomical amount of money but we didn’t have great success in return for that incredible outlay. THAT was the bomb.

“I knew that before I came here. This isn’t new, this isn’t about now. That bomb went off a couple of years ago!

“I am here to tidy things up, and help my owners get value for money from everyone we’ve got, and whoever we might get."
(No subject) on 17:01 - Jul 21 with 2181 viewsswisscottage

(No subject) on 15:56 - Jul 19 by Northernr

He actually has - Burton away last season which was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life and descended into the keepers kicking the ball backwards and forwards between themselves for 15 mins in the second half.

Reminds me of when Parkes and Shilton basically had their own personal football game kicking the ball to each other for the best part of 90 minutes.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:14 - Jul 21 with 2154 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:08 - Jul 21 by rsonist

While some claimed this was in reference to the conclusion of our FFP hearing, Holloway explained: “I said the bomb has already gone off, in reference to the money that has been spent in the last few years by the club.

“The club have spent an astronomical amount of money but we didn’t have great success in return for that incredible outlay. THAT was the bomb.

“I knew that before I came here. This isn’t new, this isn’t about now. That bomb went off a couple of years ago!

“I am here to tidy things up, and help my owners get value for money from everyone we’ve got, and whoever we might get."

Thanks for posting, rsonist.

Useful info in there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

(No subject) on 17:17 - Jul 21 with 2150 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

(No subject) on 17:01 - Jul 21 by swisscottage

Reminds me of when Parkes and Shilton basically had their own personal football game kicking the ball to each other for the best part of 90 minutes.

I seem to remember lots of this at the Milk Cup Final too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:53 - Jul 21 with 2060 viewsbosh67

I reckon on the first day of the season we will come out alongside Forest Green Rovers. We'll think, hang on, isn't this meant to be Reading and then the tannoy will announce, yup...errrrrrr..... About that....

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 09:38 - Jul 22 with 1986 viewsterryb

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:08 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Rangers fans didn't know that the club had wassted millions over the lasst few years?

I know there are a few that don't seem to grasp this & still want us to match the spending of Wolves etc, but WE DID know about that bomb Ollie!
(No subject) on 00:48 - Jul 23 with 1902 viewsCiderwithRsie

(No subject) on 17:17 - Jul 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

I seem to remember lots of this at the Milk Cup Final too.

The what?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 05:17 - Jul 23 with 1851 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 15:27 - Jul 19 by daveB

Two points of order Mr. Chairman.

Firstly, the money first rolled in under Chris 'Krusty the Klown' Wright bank in the mid to late-90s and so, I respectfully contend, it's been the best part of twenty years of squandering the embarrassment of our riches.

Secondly, I believe we are actually worse off now than we were when Wright entered stage left and started the whole balls up!

Best part of £1b sounded during this time to bring us to a bomb site!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

(No subject) on 09:28 - Jul 23 with 1731 viewsNortholt_Rs

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 09:38 - Jul 22 by terryb

Rangers fans didn't know that the club had wassted millions over the lasst few years?

I know there are a few that don't seem to grasp this & still want us to match the spending of Wolves etc, but WE DID know about that bomb Ollie!

So what bomb was he really referring to? We all know about the grotesque overspending on t.ossers....
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 9:29]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

(No subject) on 09:28 - Jul 23 with 1727 viewsNortholt_Rs

(No subject) on 00:48 - Jul 23 by CiderwithRsie

The what?

The ghost game that never happened...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 10:25 - Jul 23 with 1657 viewsrichranger

Not exactly. We were in a far worse situation then. If Tango and Cash hadn't come in we would have been in admin again. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they were good for the club, but if they hadn't have come in, who knows what would have happened.
Of course Tango and Cash used the excuse of them 'saving the club' to do what they wanted, ignoring the Fans.
Yes, the last 10 years have in general been rubbish, but I get the feeling the owners are finally making us a sustainable club, with a good structure. Hey, we've actually got a scouting network again!
Interesting in his interview that Ollie says the owners can't do what they want to do financially - maybe that's a good thing! Can't Pisa money away again.
For me, yes, being in the Premier league would be great, only if we grow slowly and not spend crazy money getting there. For now, let's consolidate our position in the championship, and hopefully play some decent football along the way.
Funnily enough, for me, one of the best seasons in recent years was under Gregory, before the money came in. We didn't have a penny to spend, but great team work and determination kept us up. I think we are better now than that team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024