Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The biggest threat to our planet today? 08:50 - Jul 20 with 4646 viewshubble

Plastic. We've got to stop using it pronto. Go biodegradable. Demand shops do it. What's the alternative?

"Plastic pollution risks 'near permanent contamination of natural environment'"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/19/plastic-pollution-risks-near

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 08:54 - Jul 20 with 3711 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Some of the best football we ever played was on plastic!

But, I get your drift.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 09:04 - Jul 20 with 3680 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 08:54 - Jul 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Some of the best football we ever played was on plastic!

But, I get your drift.

And all that plastic pitch is still out there somewhere.

Apparently plankton and other sea creatures like to eat it. That doesn't sound good!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:04 - Jul 20 with 3622 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 09:04 - Jul 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

Apparently plankton and other sea creatures like to eat it. That doesn't sound good!

Agreed fella!

Of the many examples of environmental madness; why is it that they sell things like shower gel, shaving cream etc., that need replacing every 6-8 weeks, in containers that will last centuries!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 14:30 - Jul 20 with 3528 viewsBoston

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:04 - Jul 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Agreed fella!

Of the many examples of environmental madness; why is it that they sell things like shower gel, shaving cream etc., that need replacing every 6-8 weeks, in containers that will last centuries!

Yeah, but paper doesn't really hack it for gel or shaving cream. Personally I blame the Plastic Ono Band.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 14:31]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 3484 viewsCFW

You are quite right it is a massive problem. If everyone put their empty bottle or what ever into the recycle bins that are now available there would be no problem. Unfortunately throughout the world this just does not happen with the most ignorant people just throwing them out of their car windows etc, etc.

What I fail to understand is why do we have plastic bags (that you now have to pay for in supermarkets)? Why not just have paper bags like they do in the USA? Problem solved - is it me???
PS I accept these bags are now made from different material that ends up as powder (well some do).
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 15:33 - Jul 20 with 3466 viewsenfieldargh

article on TV shows thousands of cotton bud sticks which get flushed down the toilet end up washed up on UK coast lines by the tens of thousand.

Some manufacturers are now using compacted paper to make the stem in the middle of the cotton buds, but many still use plastic.

Other threats include John Terry, his mum and James Perch tackles

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 17:26 - Jul 20 with 3399 viewsBoston

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 15:11 - Jul 20 by CFW

You are quite right it is a massive problem. If everyone put their empty bottle or what ever into the recycle bins that are now available there would be no problem. Unfortunately throughout the world this just does not happen with the most ignorant people just throwing them out of their car windows etc, etc.

What I fail to understand is why do we have plastic bags (that you now have to pay for in supermarkets)? Why not just have paper bags like they do in the USA? Problem solved - is it me???
PS I accept these bags are now made from different material that ends up as powder (well some do).

Annoying though....picking up the dog doo with a paper bag.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 22:11 - Jul 20 with 3300 viewskensalriser

Terrifying.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 22:47 - Jul 20 with 3272 viewscaliforniahoop

Good shout!
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 23:16 - Jul 20 with 3238 viewsFredManRave

I blame SKY and their coverage of the Premier League which has created a totally unacceptable amount of plastic fans.

"Plastic fans risk near permanent contamination of football environment'"

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 01:47 - Jul 21 with 3188 viewsBoston

You're going to cause a big stink on this one, Hud.
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.VOmK3OvhUAljMyD1S0eBjAEsEs&w=300&h=300&p=0&pi

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 04:12 - Jul 21 with 3159 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 17:26 - Jul 20 by Boston

Annoying though....picking up the dog doo with a paper bag.

Well get the dawg to shit on the paper then!

After that, you simply pick the paper up and toss it over the fence into someone's garden and let them worry about it.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 08:43 - Jul 21 with 3075 viewshoopdog

Talking to an ausie the other day apparently they about force the use of paper carrier bags
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 11:50]
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:08 - Jul 21 with 3036 viewsLythamR

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 15:11 - Jul 20 by CFW

We switched from Paper bags to plastic to save the planet remember

Plastic is a huge problem but actually if we were honest the root problem facing the planet is the out of control population explosion.

All other environmental problems stem from population growth and yet we as a species dont appear to want to even really look at this problem let alone address it.
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:25 - Jul 21 with 3019 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:08 - Jul 21 by LythamR

We switched from Paper bags to plastic to save the planet remember

Plastic is a huge problem but actually if we were honest the root problem facing the planet is the out of control population explosion.

All other environmental problems stem from population growth and yet we as a species dont appear to want to even really look at this problem let alone address it.

Do you mean this little problem? :)

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 3014 viewsSimonJames

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 09:04 - Jul 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've got a small piece of it in my keepsakes.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:40 - Jul 21 with 2999 viewsizlingtonhoop

Burning fossil fuels. And air travel in particular; a ridiculously selfish and damaging act by our species. Obviously there are benefits, it's complicated...

And yes, I'm a hypocrite, I'm off to Majorca.

"The plane will go without me, anyway" is the salving argument I'll stick to for now.
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 12:34 - Jul 21 with 2923 viewskingsburyR

My Chinese delivery always comes in paper boxes as opposed to plastic tupperware!!!

Love that they do that!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 12:38 - Jul 21 with 2922 viewsLythamR

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 10:25 - Jul 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Do you mean this little problem? :)

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

exactly, its absolutely terrifying and of course its accelerating at an exponential rate. Big business has a vested interest in keeping this looming catastrophe on the down low after all every additional person is an additional potential consumer.

Governments too have a vested interest as most of them are in significant debt and they only way they see out of it is through economic growth!
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 13:19 - Jul 21 with 2899 viewsAntti_Heinola

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 12:38 - Jul 21 by LythamR

exactly, its absolutely terrifying and of course its accelerating at an exponential rate. Big business has a vested interest in keeping this looming catastrophe on the down low after all every additional person is an additional potential consumer.

Governments too have a vested interest as most of them are in significant debt and they only way they see out of it is through economic growth!

Differing thoughts on this, though.
In parts of Europe and in Japan, population is already starting to come down. romania has lost millions - and not just because of migration! Likelihood is we're nearing a peak. the one thing that is absolutely proven to slow population levels is wealth.
It is a problem, but one that's far more tough to tackle than simply doing everything we can to help the environment.

Bare bones.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 13:52 - Jul 21 with 2889 viewsCopenranger

Plenty of plastic fans out there as well. Big clubs should be forced to clean out!
The biggest threat to our planet today? on 13:56 - Jul 21 with 2884 viewspaulparker

I blame Margaret Thatcher

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 13:59 - Jul 21 with 2873 viewshubble

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 13:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

I blame Margaret Thatcher

Haha.

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 2857 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Strong paper bags with handles then.

If it rains and my succulent selection of ales or bottle os JD smashes due to a soggy ripped paper bag I will find the nearest 'save the planet' chugger and make them lick it up.

I dont care what I carry it in but it must be rain proof. My booze is more important.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 14:09]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 14:10 - Jul 21 with 2852 viewshubble

The biggest threat to our planet today? on 14:08 - Jul 21 by Metallica_Hoop

Strong paper bags with handles then.

If it rains and my succulent selection of ales or bottle os JD smashes due to a soggy ripped paper bag I will find the nearest 'save the planet' chugger and make them lick it up.

I dont care what I carry it in but it must be rain proof. My booze is more important.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 14:09]

Use a backpack? That's what I do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024