Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mel Johnson Back 09:49 - Jul 22 with 5797 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Mel Johnson Back on 19:19 - Jul 22 with 1566 viewsDejR_vu

Mel Johnson Back on 15:11 - Jul 22 by ArgyBargy1982

Details of the new loans are in the accounts for all to see and they carry a very large MONTHLY interest rate. All of the previous loans from BE, FB, TF and the Mitals were interest free. Just saying this represents a very significant change in the way the club is funded and the repayments have a big impact on how much can be spent on the team. I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on this previously.

Indeed. Businessmen don't just write off ÂŁ200m. It was done to try and circumvent FFP. They will look to get it back. We will be homeless when they're done imo.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mel Johnson Back on 19:59 - Jul 22 with 1512 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Mel Johnson Back on 17:01 - Jul 22 by Lblock

Tottenham Mel?

and Liverpool Mel
Mel Johnson Back on 21:02 - Jul 22 with 1442 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mel Johnson Back on 15:11 - Jul 22 by ArgyBargy1982

Details of the new loans are in the accounts for all to see and they carry a very large MONTHLY interest rate. All of the previous loans from BE, FB, TF and the Mitals were interest free. Just saying this represents a very significant change in the way the club is funded and the repayments have a big impact on how much can be spent on the team. I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on this previously.

I've no idea. Is this unusual compared to how other clubs are funded? I fully appreciate that it's a change to what went on before but I think we're all in agreement, that was fcking mental. This actually seems fairly sensible.

Like I said I've no idea about this stuff.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mel Johnson Back on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 1373 viewscaliforniahoop

Mel Johnson Back on 16:03 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Steve Sayce raised this at the fans forum and Hoos basically told him if he wanted to loan the club money interest free then go ahead, which I thought was really unnecessary and unhelpful. And I like Hoos.

Agree, horrible retort!
Mel Johnson Back on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 1155 viewsJeff

I'm pretty sure, although willing to be proved wrong if there is evidence to the contrary, that the interest accruing loans from a Ruben are not actually taking money out of the club a la the ABC Loan, but in fact is just giving more equity to Ruben.

Hoo's response to Steve Sayce was pretty curt and out of character, but I'm sure that he said that no money would be taken out of the club from the loans.

Can we not knock it?

Mel Johnson Back on 15:25 - Jul 23 with 1148 viewsMedwayR

Mel Johnson Back on 15:16 - Jul 23 by Jeff

I'm pretty sure, although willing to be proved wrong if there is evidence to the contrary, that the interest accruing loans from a Ruben are not actually taking money out of the club a la the ABC Loan, but in fact is just giving more equity to Ruben.

Hoo's response to Steve Sayce was pretty curt and out of character, but I'm sure that he said that no money would be taken out of the club from the loans.

This is my understanding of it, why Hoos couldn't have just explained that in layman's terms rather than getting precious about it I don't know...

Poll: Who’s better?

Mel Johnson Back on 19:28 - Jul 23 with 1049 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mel's a friend of mine, absolutely delighted he's back. I even did a petition to get him back on here a few years back and it got hundreds of signatures - nothing back from the club, mind.
He's always wanted to come back and has done really well elsewhere. I'm sure he'll do a great job. Bit of a lucky charm for us too. Watford fan, of course, but the Rs are genuinely close to his heart and he loves the club.

Bare bones.

Mel Johnson Back on 13:36 - Jul 24 with 882 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mel Johnson Back on 15:16 - Jul 23 by Jeff

Are you sure it was that out of character or more a case of the mask slipping.

This loan thing sounds worrying.

Which peoplew is it who are owed this money though?

TF, LM, AB, Ruben whatsit???

UNclear from whats stated here.

Great to see Mel Johnson back.

LH is probably a cnt but for QPR it's probably a case of yeah but he's our cnt.
Login to get fewer ads

Mel Johnson Back on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 825 viewspaulparker

Mel Johnson Back on 19:28 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

Mel's a friend of mine, absolutely delighted he's back. I even did a petition to get him back on here a few years back and it got hundreds of signatures - nothing back from the club, mind.
He's always wanted to come back and has done really well elsewhere. I'm sure he'll do a great job. Bit of a lucky charm for us too. Watford fan, of course, but the Rs are genuinely close to his heart and he loves the club.

Just out of interest Antti who did he discover at Spurs ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mel Johnson Back on 14:22 - Jul 24 with 807 viewsdanehoop

Mel Johnson Back on 19:28 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

Antti,

I am pleased he is back, but I dont think his coming back much sooner would have worked because of who has been at the club and how they operated. His return fits in well with the approach now being taken by Hoos and Ferdinand, with Ramsay in the role he is best suited in developing players (with a path to the first team) supplenented by prudent modest aquisitions.

On the interest on the loan, my understanding was exactly the same as Jeff's i.e. this was additional funding being put in the club (i.e. not the ÂŁ270M debt which was converted to shares and effectively written off by the owners). I am less concerned by that as effectively it is a long term dillution of the shares in the club.

Never knowingly understood

Mel Johnson Back on 15:07 - Jul 24 with 770 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mel Johnson Back on 14:22 - Jul 24 by danehoop

Antti,

I am pleased he is back, but I dont think his coming back much sooner would have worked because of who has been at the club and how they operated. His return fits in well with the approach now being taken by Hoos and Ferdinand, with Ramsay in the role he is best suited in developing players (with a path to the first team) supplenented by prudent modest aquisitions.

On the interest on the loan, my understanding was exactly the same as Jeff's i.e. this was additional funding being put in the club (i.e. not the ÂŁ270M debt which was converted to shares and effectively written off by the owners). I am less concerned by that as effectively it is a long term dillution of the shares in the club.

Well that's true - not a chance in hell he'd have been here during Redknapp's time, let's put it that way.

PP - Can't remember tbh! Will ask him and report back... I know he wanted Nani, but then United stepped in and blew Spurs out the water. Been a few years since he was there.

Edit - quick research: Comolli credits him with alerting them to Bale.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 15:10]

Bare bones.

Mel Johnson Back on 15:12 - Jul 24 with 757 viewsW7Ranger

Mel Johnson Back on 15:07 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

Well that's true - not a chance in hell he'd have been here during Redknapp's time, let's put it that way.

PP - Can't remember tbh! Will ask him and report back... I know he wanted Nani, but then United stepped in and blew Spurs out the water. Been a few years since he was there.

Pretty sure a certain G.Bale was one of Mels.

I wonder what ever became of him???
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 15:13]
Mel Johnson Back on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 742 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mel Johnson Back on 15:12 - Jul 24 by W7Ranger

Pretty sure a certain G.Bale was one of Mels.

I wonder what ever became of him???
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 15:13]

Mel does love a left winger.

Bare bones.

Mel Johnson Back on 15:21 - Jul 24 with 731 viewspaulparker

Mel Johnson Back on 15:07 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

cheers it will be interesting to know who he scouted and who they actually signed on his recommendations

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024