Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berlin take two 17:29 - Jul 24 with 7281 viewsNorthernr

Already 1-0 down after 20 mins, getting it handed to us at the moment. They start their season next week and look well ahead of us.
Berlin take two on 16:07 - Jul 25 with 1127 viewsDejR_vu

Berlin take two on 16:05 - Jul 25 by W7Ranger

What were the injuries?

Knob-Head; can be nasty

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Berlin take two on 16:07 - Jul 25 with 1127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Berlin take two on 12:53 - Jul 25 by SimonJames

It's an interesting interpretation, and I hope you're right about what Ollie was thinking, because the way it looked to me was that we were halfway there after 18 games and Ollie took another 26 games to barely squeak in under the wire.

I would agree that we were playing very well up until the point that we looked safe, and that it was the experimenting that unsettled us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Berlin take two on 16:27 - Jul 25 with 1074 viewsDando

Ive heard from Ollie a few times, that he is starting to see an "identity" in the way we play, and wants us to play a "certain way".

I still am baffled to what he means. All I have seen in pre season so far is long ball to Smith. I know they are friendlies, but surely if we are trying to "play a certain way" we should be playing like it?

I also hope that the last game in Germany is not an indication of the lineup. If Pavel was left out because of a bereavement last year, fair enough - but surely now he near enough walks into this side. We barely have any creativity as it is, let alone leaving him out.

Really concerned we will just go with Mackie and Yeni - who for me are squad players only
Berlin take two on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 1013 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 16:27 - Jul 25 by Dando

Ive heard from Ollie a few times, that he is starting to see an "identity" in the way we play, and wants us to play a "certain way".

I still am baffled to what he means. All I have seen in pre season so far is long ball to Smith. I know they are friendlies, but surely if we are trying to "play a certain way" we should be playing like it?

I also hope that the last game in Germany is not an indication of the lineup. If Pavel was left out because of a bereavement last year, fair enough - but surely now he near enough walks into this side. We barely have any creativity as it is, let alone leaving him out.

Really concerned we will just go with Mackie and Yeni - who for me are squad players only

Luongo and Wszolek both played for the stiffs on Sunday and both have been away on international duty so returned to pre-season later than everybody else - that's probably all it is. Freeman hasn't been playing either and he's not going to leave him out is he?

Maybe the Bournemouth line up might be quite close to what we go with.
Berlin take two on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 1012 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Berlin take two on 16:27 - Jul 25 by Dando

I'm fairly certain they were rotating players so that everyone got a run out. Pavel played against Leipzig. One day before!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Berlin take two on 16:59 - Jul 25 with 1003 viewsDando

Berlin take two on 16:55 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Luongo and Wszolek both played for the stiffs on Sunday and both have been away on international duty so returned to pre-season later than everybody else - that's probably all it is. Freeman hasn't been playing either and he's not going to leave him out is he?

Maybe the Bournemouth line up might be quite close to what we go with.

Thats exactly how I looked at it - and I really am hoping that is the case. As you say, surely Freeman is a starter. I am just a bit unsure if Ollie is as much of a fan of Pavel as most of us are. What makes me worry is that he was also in the "weaker" team vs Peterborough, and again in this one.

In those two games, I believe he has set up 2 and scored 1 if i'm not wrong - despite being behind a lot of the other players
Berlin take two on 17:03 - Jul 25 with 983 viewsHunterhoop

Pavel should walk into this team. He is head and shoulders above anyone else in our squad as a winger. He should start every game he's fit on the right flank. None of this inverted winger nonsense.
Berlin take two on 17:10 - Jul 25 with 963 viewsDando

Berlin take two on 17:03 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

Pavel should walk into this team. He is head and shoulders above anyone else in our squad as a winger. He should start every game he's fit on the right flank. None of this inverted winger nonsense.

Stop talking common sense. If hes a winger, he plays central midfield, end of
Login to get fewer ads

Berlin take two on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 801 viewskensalriser

Berlin take two on 11:56 - Jul 25 by kingo

We were top of the form league with Hall sitting in front of the defence and got some very creditable results at Reading, Birmingham and Newcastle. In my opinion, he had set the 50 points (prematurely) as his marker and then started to experiment and give players like Gladwin and Doughty a chance.

We had a decent run for a few games, I don't think it lasted long enough to draw any conclusions. On the balance of all the evidence so far, Holloway has a lot of work in front of him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Berlin take two on 14:06 - Jul 26 with 598 viewsTacticalR

Berlin take two on 08:42 - Jul 25 by Lblock

I thought the common consensus was that our pre-season started mid March?!?!?

I'm loathed to get all het up over pre-season but the squad clearly needed a shake up - I'd of thought that was learnt in the run in - yet the usual suspects are kicking around.
Of course some other mug needs to want to take our duds off of our hands and I'm all for cutting the cloth accordingly but there's a distinct whiff of "oh dear.. we're in a bit of bother" me thinks.

Perch sums it up. Everything about him screams "I'm just picking up the cheque - I dont want to be here, they dont want me here and I cant be bothered". I subscribe to the view that he does in fact deliberatly play awful and look to get suspensions so he can have time off. With that being the case I'd sooner see a raw 17 year old kid playing there than him. It smacks of him earning £20k a week and the owners needing to see that 20 large actually being earnt which I do not agree with.
(I'm not saying that's his wage - just using that as a for instance)

Anyway -- less than two weeks to a first "must win" game

The Berlin game was a must win game.

Air hostess clique

Berlin take two on 18:21 - Jul 26 with 513 viewsSimonJames

Berlin take two on 14:06 - Jul 26 by TacticalR

The Berlin game was a must win game.

Away game... therefore "bonus".

100% of people who drink water will die.

Berlin take two on 20:40 - Jul 26 with 428 viewssmegma

Berlin take two on 08:59 - Jul 25 by Northernr

I said at the time all that "ruthless pre-season" stuff was a crock of sht. Same every year, crowd pleasing PR statement.

Zonal marking at corners looks like it's going to be fun.

I can imagine what Brian Clough would say

"Since when has a zone scored a goal young man, that's why you mark an opposition player , not a zone"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024