Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berlin take two 17:29 - Jul 24 with 7299 viewsNorthernr

Already 1-0 down after 20 mins, getting it handed to us at the moment. They start their season next week and look well ahead of us.
Berlin take two on 17:30 - Jul 24 with 4384 viewsNorthernr

4-2-3-1 Smithies; Perch, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell; Little Mermaid, Scowen; Mackie, Yeni, Washington; Smith. Wash coming in off the left again.
Berlin take two on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 4285 viewsoldmisery

Berlin take two on 17:30 - Jul 24 by Northernr

4-2-3-1 Smithies; Perch, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell; Little Mermaid, Scowen; Mackie, Yeni, Washington; Smith. Wash coming in off the left again.

Blimey, I hope those two banks of four don't start against Reading but given that Furlong captained the so called second string v Leipzig, this may well be Ollie's starting eleven!
Berlin take two on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 4197 viewsDubaiR

I thought we started well and kept the ball much better than we did yesterday, however from about 15 minutes in Union have dominated. Little Mermaid looks good as do Scowen, Yeni, Lynch.
Berlin take two on 17:55 - Jul 24 with 4159 viewsconnell10

I think we are playing ok but can they stop letting smithes pass the ball out to our back for said back four to fanny about with it then pass it back for smithes who proceeds to lash a aimless punt down field!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Berlin take two on 17:58 - Jul 24 with 4125 viewsBoston

Following game on Getwestlondon, doesn't read bad anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Berlin take two on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 4059 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 17:55 - Jul 24 by connell10

I think we are playing ok but can they stop letting smithes pass the ball out to our back for said back four to fanny about with it then pass it back for smithes who proceeds to lash a aimless punt down field!

They did that at Norwich with disastrous results. Onuoha and Lynch aren't good enough on the ball to play that way.
Berlin take two on 18:12 - Jul 24 with 3984 viewsNorthernr

Nice equaliser - great cross from Yeni headed in by Smith.
Smithies with the standard brilliant 1 v 1 save before that.
Berlin take two on 18:16 - Jul 24 with 3941 viewsDejR_vu

Berlin take two on 18:04 - Jul 24 by Northernr

They did that at Norwich with disastrous results. Onuoha and Lynch aren't good enough on the ball to play that way.

Not just Norwich. Been doing it for 'donkeys'

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Berlin take two on 18:44 - Jul 24 with 3720 viewsNorthernr

Standard bit of Perch fckwittery - gave ball away, stood and looked at it throwing his hands around, man ran in behind him, he ran after him and belted him, penalty. losing 2-1.
Berlin take two (n/t) on 18:54 - Jul 24 with 3615 viewsconnell10

2-1 final score. Lots of good displays from various players but my god we need a right back! Perch looks and plays like Dylan the rabbit from The magic roundabout, the only player ive seen who seems to play with his eyes sort of half closed!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 18:59]

Berlin take two on 18:59 - Jul 24 with 3555 viewsjoolsyp

Berlin take two on 18:44 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Standard bit of Perch fckwittery - gave ball away, stood and looked at it throwing his hands around, man ran in behind him, he ran after him and belted him, penalty. losing 2-1.

Perch will end up costing us a lot of goals and points this season. I hope he's not going to be our first choice right back but I suspect we'll see him v Reading. Sigh.
Berlin take two on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 3263 viewsconnell10

Berlin take two on 18:59 - Jul 24 by joolsyp

Perch will end up costing us a lot of goals and points this season. I hope he's not going to be our first choice right back but I suspect we'll see him v Reading. Sigh.

Mate totally agree , he looks half asleep most of time and lacks any urgency !

Berlin take two on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 3261 viewskensalriser

Berlin take two on 18:16 - Jul 24 by DejR_vu

Not just Norwich. Been doing it for 'donkeys'

Been winding me up for ages but especially irksome last season. So many times the ball has gone backwards from the half way line culminating in keeper lumping it up and losing possession. Better just to lump it from the half way line!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Berlin take two on 19:42 - Jul 24 with 3242 viewskingo

Berlin take two on 18:59 - Jul 24 by joolsyp

The trip has shown us positives in the performances of Pawel, Freeman, Yeni, Scowen and a massive gain in Ariel. Unfortunately, as we knew last season we need a quality right back and I had hopes that we would push for Yiadom but it looks like he is off to Swansea. As you say we will get ripped down the right as it stands and unless we get some quality there on loan, it is going to cost us easy goals. As we don't really score a lot, that is going to be a major problem.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Berlin take two on 19:51 - Jul 24 with 3175 viewssmegma

They started their preseason a few weeks before us.
Berlin take two on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 2918 viewsDorse

Berlin take two on 18:44 - Jul 24 by Northernr

I don't get get it. And by 'it', I mean 'him'. He must be in hock to some pretty vicious spread-betting syndicates to keep doing this every match.

'Perch stared through the dense opium smoke as Tony 'The Tiger' Fuk-Yu passed him a hand written note and languorously intoned 'Read it, Mr Perch'. Perch simply read. Quite what Mick Hucknall was doing there was a mystery. The note said "Shitty back pass"...'

(Extract from 'Harry Potter & The Strange Urges')
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:49]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Berlin take two on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 2684 viewsbosh67

Even though it is a friendly we need to get out the consistent habit of losing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Berlin take two on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 2585 viewsMancR

Didn't we beat Peterborough?
Berlin take two on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 2419 viewsDejR_vu

Berlin take two on 21:33 - Jul 24 by bosh67

Even though it is a friendly we need to get out the consistent habit of losing.

Agreed. Although I accept that it's not the be all and end all, on the other hand I don't think you can just write these games off as meaningless or just training exercises. As ever, it's somewhere in between. I seem to recall those that uttered any dissent last pre-season were told you can't read anything into these games; we ended up avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth.

We're one friendly away from the season starting and from what I've heard, it suggests to me that all of the issues with the defence that we had last year are still there. It sounds like we're still very quick to lump it long to Smith. So why should we expect the season proper to be any different? Despite the talk of a full pre-season little seems to have been addressed. It looks like we're hoping to get by on the basis of having run up some bigger hills than last year.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Berlin take two on 22:46 - Jul 24 with 2361 viewsted_hendrix

Since the fake bastards beat us, they haven't beaten anyone since, draw from that whatever conclusion you wish.
Conclusion is a silly word anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Berlin take two on 22:47 - Jul 24 with 2349 viewsdavman

Berlin take two on 19:40 - Jul 24 by connell10

Mate totally agree , he looks half asleep most of time and lacks any urgency !

...and we have a winner!

Boo Boy odds by davman 13 Jul 2017 20:52
Go on, now that Karlos Henry and Benny G have left us, who is going to be this season's boo boy (s)?

Ned - nice guy, not a leadah, too quiet. The best basic defender at the club, but pretty poor at passing when the midfield run away or we go long. Not captain material.
That summarises what most say. I like Ned and cannot fault his effort or commitment through the years he's been with us. Thankfully, not selected at right back any more. 4/1

Lynchy - roll im, roll im, roll im. Easy to do apparently. Too easily over committed and a little bit nasty to poor Jakey wakey instead of concentrating on his own game. Not great going forward, but unlike Ned, who seems to know his limitations, thinks he's a bit of a play-ah.
Nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be - over 300 very steady games for Huddersfield. Maybe the fact that the midfield we have that everyone seems to think is good enough is far too open leaving a defence overrun? It's harder to look good when they just keep coming back at you...
2/1 joint fave

Jakey boy - steady, but unspectacular. Alright at defending, alright going forward, but shockingly poor when it comes to flinging crosses in. Went to pieces against the Buzzy Bees and generally Piss poor for the last eight to ten games. However, we're told that is because nasty big Mr. Lynch shouted at him a few times. Poor lad; who''d have thought a player playing badly in a bad team would get criticised?
As with Lynch, I suspect that a lot of Bidwell's problems stem from the fact that he had little or no protection in front of him the whole season. I am not sure he'll be first choice next season, at least for the 1 1/2 games Jack Robinson will last. 3/1

The other Conor - always out of position either wide left or as a lone centre forward. Only given short runs with a strike partner before being chopped and changed. Not fair on poor Mr. W is it? Play him up top with someone and he'll bang them in. Well we did, and he didn't, did he?
I sense that this is a BIG season for CW. He either kicks on with us to a lower level Prem team, or he is destined to be a lower league player like Billy Sharp or Adam LaFondre. He doesn't appear to be an instinctive finisher to me, which means that he needs to work harder than others to score. I think he gets an easy ride from Rangers fans compared to the next candidate... 5/1

Sylla - the only player universally referred to by his surname around the club, which is odd. The first, second and third touches of a Devon White or Dominic Iorfa; Bambi's balance and the awareness of Mr. Magoo.
But... GOALS! Fling crosses in and he gets on the end of them. Extraordinary chest control in tight spaces (usually followed by falling over) and entertainment value not seen since Seb Polter left us. I love him, me, the best striker we have, but odds of 3/1...

(edit) how could I forget Perch? A proven Championship player before he came here, but proven in midfield and sometimes centre back. Not really a right back, as demonstrated week in week out. Appears to be ok at left back and, I'll say it quietly, excellent in the position Ollie created for Grant Hall midseason. Yet...He appears to want to be a bad boy or angles for time off by launching into brainless lunge after brainless lunge. Another full back good in the middle third, but with no ability to pass, shoot or head in the opponents third. 2/1 joint fav

Ollie and Birch - amazing that it could EVER come to this. Two absolute legends, who dragged us back up from the abyss around the early bits of this century. Responsible for really, really happy times supporting this club, be it the route to Cardiff and the following season culminating with Hilborough. We really were in it together then. Not now though and the knives are already out.
As many have said in the last 7 or 8 months, stopping mucking around. Have a Plan A and a Plan B and possibly a Plan C, but no more please. Get a way of playing, get a first choice team and stick with it. Start badly and this could be a nightmare... 3/1 (gulp) [cry]

Not surprised!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Berlin take two on 22:56 - Jul 24 with 2299 viewsQPR_John

Berlin take two on 22:32 - Jul 24 by DejR_vu

Agreed. Although I accept that it's not the be all and end all, on the other hand I don't think you can just write these games off as meaningless or just training exercises. As ever, it's somewhere in between. I seem to recall those that uttered any dissent last pre-season were told you can't read anything into these games; we ended up avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth.

We're one friendly away from the season starting and from what I've heard, it suggests to me that all of the issues with the defence that we had last year are still there. It sounds like we're still very quick to lump it long to Smith. So why should we expect the season proper to be any different? Despite the talk of a full pre-season little seems to have been addressed. It looks like we're hoping to get by on the basis of having run up some bigger hills than last year.

"we ended up avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth. "

We had 50 points with 8 games to go not a great season by any means but the run in should have been fairly relaxed. It was only the odd decisions made by those in charge over those last 8 games that left us hanging on.
Berlin take two on 23:47 - Jul 24 with 2135 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 19:51 - Jul 24 by smegma

They started their preseason a few weeks before us.

This is a valid point - we dominated Watford and won 2-0, Deeney looked terrible, this time last year when we were a week away from starting the season and they had another fortnight. They're meant to be up to speed now, they start on Saturday. We're not and we don't.

That said, dispiriting to see all the same problems with the back four, with and without the ball, we had last season.
Berlin take two on 02:05 - Jul 25 with 2011 viewsLazyFan

Berlin take two on 19:42 - Jul 24 by kingo

The trip has shown us positives in the performances of Pawel, Freeman, Yeni, Scowen and a massive gain in Ariel. Unfortunately, as we knew last season we need a quality right back and I had hopes that we would push for Yiadom but it looks like he is off to Swansea. As you say we will get ripped down the right as it stands and unless we get some quality there on loan, it is going to cost us easy goals. As we don't really score a lot, that is going to be a major problem.

We had a quality right back last season.
His name is Darnell Furlong and I said we should start with him last season and here we are a season on and still Perch is picked over him at RB.

Oh yeah also Furlong is home grown one of our own, proven at this level and has also played a level above. Only 21 and still has played in over 70 pro matches.

Ollie better wise up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Berlin take two on 06:18 - Jul 25 with 1885 viewsvegasranger

I'm not sure Furlong is proven at this level. Any decent right back would be picked over Perch ( you would hope !! ) but Furlong seems to be number 2 right now. Hope he makes it but I don't think he is good enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024