Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berlin take two 17:29 - Jul 24 with 7300 viewsNorthernr

Already 1-0 down after 20 mins, getting it handed to us at the moment. They start their season next week and look well ahead of us.
Berlin take two on 06:26 - Jul 25 with 1779 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'd rather an unproven right-back than one who has constantly proven himself to be a liability.
Berlin take two on 07:03 - Jul 25 with 1731 viewsDejR_vu

Berlin take two on 02:05 - Jul 25 by LazyFan

We had a quality right back last season.
His name is Darnell Furlong and I said we should start with him last season and here we are a season on and still Perch is picked over him at RB.

Oh yeah also Furlong is home grown one of our own, proven at this level and has also played a level above. Only 21 and still has played in over 70 pro matches.

Ollie better wise up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Furlong isn't as good as people are making out. I'd still pick him over Perch but we'll still be exposed on the right.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Berlin take two on 08:42 - Jul 25 with 1576 viewsLblock

Berlin take two on 23:47 - Jul 24 by Northernr

This is a valid point - we dominated Watford and won 2-0, Deeney looked terrible, this time last year when we were a week away from starting the season and they had another fortnight. They're meant to be up to speed now, they start on Saturday. We're not and we don't.

That said, dispiriting to see all the same problems with the back four, with and without the ball, we had last season.

I thought the common consensus was that our pre-season started mid March?!?!?

I'm loathed to get all het up over pre-season but the squad clearly needed a shake up - I'd of thought that was learnt in the run in - yet the usual suspects are kicking around.
Of course some other mug needs to want to take our duds off of our hands and I'm all for cutting the cloth accordingly but there's a distinct whiff of "oh dear.. we're in a bit of bother" me thinks.

Perch sums it up. Everything about him screams "I'm just picking up the cheque - I dont want to be here, they dont want me here and I cant be bothered". I subscribe to the view that he does in fact deliberatly play awful and look to get suspensions so he can have time off. With that being the case I'd sooner see a raw 17 year old kid playing there than him. It smacks of him earning £20k a week and the owners needing to see that 20 large actually being earnt which I do not agree with.
(I'm not saying that's his wage - just using that as a for instance)

Anyway -- less than two weeks to a first "must win" game

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Berlin take two on 08:59 - Jul 25 with 1535 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 08:42 - Jul 25 by Lblock

I'm loathed to get all het up over pre-season but the squad clearly needed a shake up - I'd of thought that was learnt in the run in - yet the usual suspects are kicking around.
Of course some other mug needs to want to take our duds off of our hands and I'm all for cutting the cloth accordingly but there's a distinct whiff of "oh dear.. we're in a bit of bother" me thinks.

Perch sums it up. Everything about him screams "I'm just picking up the cheque - I dont want to be here, they dont want me here and I cant be bothered". I subscribe to the view that he does in fact deliberatly play awful and look to get suspensions so he can have time off. With that being the case I'd sooner see a raw 17 year old kid playing there than him. It smacks of him earning £20k a week and the owners needing to see that 20 large actually being earnt which I do not agree with.

I said at the time all that "ruthless pre-season" stuff was a crock of sht. Same every year, crowd pleasing PR statement.

Zonal marking at corners looks like it's going to be fun.
Berlin take two on 09:10 - Jul 25 with 1507 viewskingo

We did start our pre season in March and that was to give fringe players an opportunity, which they didn't take and have either moved on or are not part of the squad. Ariel was on loan but had taken his opportunity, in my opinion and is almost like a new player. I tend to agree about Perch and hope we don't just get Hoban and put Ned out there, as we desperately need a proper right back. But if we can see that then I trust that Olly can and we have something lined up. I am not rose tinted but I am also not doom and gloom. I think we have some decent midfield options and ok forwards in Yeni, Pawel, Smith, Sylla and Washington. Defence is an issue though with Hall injured and weak links elsewhere. Olly did get a system that worked and got us to 50 points and I think he has strengthened that system with Scowen and Ariel. Hopefully he can strengthen the defence in the next couple of weeks.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Berlin take two on 09:10 - Jul 25 with 1506 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Berlin take two on 07:03 - Jul 25 by DejR_vu

Furlong isn't as good as people are making out. I'd still pick him over Perch but we'll still be exposed on the right.

Good opportunity for him to get good then. Young players don't just magically become good footballers. They need to play games and make mistakes and learn.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Berlin take two on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 1475 viewsenfieldargh

Towards the end of the game our passing became even more erratic with loose passes going in all directions.

Notably from Ariel, Scowen, Lynch(the norm). Is this a concentration thing meaning some of our guys can only operate at full pace for a period of time?

Yes, I know its pre-season friendly as Ariel's distribution early stages of the game was encouraging and what the club had hoped for last season had he been given greater opportunity.

I also like Scowen so a midfield of Manning, Scowen as the grafters with Luongo/Ariel passing play with Pavel & Freeman playing further forward would be a competitive unit.

Sadly this leaves room for only one striker so its Smith no pace, Washington not good alone up front or Sylla.

All this is totally irrelevant if Smithies is going to pass it out to our back four whose first instinct is to pass side ways or back to the keeper. Pass back to the keeper is now so flaming obvious both German teams twigged it and closed down Smithies so he had to just belt it up field.

This is the most important aspect of our play IH needs to address with the midfield making themselves available and being able to turn and at least head our play in the right direction!!

Possession is important I know but were not going to win games fluffing about in our own half and getting pushed back deeper and deeper

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Berlin take two on 09:49 - Jul 25 with 1419 viewsAntti_Heinola

shake up?
how much more can this squad be shaken up?
It's gets shook every 4 months.

I'm no big fan of Perch, but I think he's a good pro. He's on the player council thing, Darnell has said how good he is with the younger players. Think you're being harsh there based on the 90 minutes you see - fair enough dig him out for not being any good. But the rest is all conjecture.

Still, at least we've found this season's Karl.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Berlin take two on 11:31 - Jul 25 with 1272 viewskensalriser

Intrigued to hear about the system Olly had that worked last season. I'm wondering how I missed it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Berlin take two on 11:56 - Jul 25 with 1227 viewskingo

Berlin take two on 11:31 - Jul 25 by kensalriser

Intrigued to hear about the system Olly had that worked last season. I'm wondering how I missed it.

We were top of the form league with Hall sitting in front of the defence and got some very creditable results at Reading, Birmingham and Newcastle. In my opinion, he had set the 50 points (prematurely) as his marker and then started to experiment and give players like Gladwin and Doughty a chance.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Berlin take two on 12:07 - Jul 25 with 1189 viewsLblock

Berlin take two on 09:49 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

shake up?
how much more can this squad be shaken up?
It's gets shook every 4 months.

I'm no big fan of Perch, but I think he's a good pro. He's on the player council thing, Darnell has said how good he is with the younger players. Think you're being harsh there based on the 90 minutes you see - fair enough dig him out for not being any good. But the rest is all conjecture.

Still, at least we've found this season's Karl.

90 minutes? Good pro??!!

Fcuk mine mate, I've seen the fella play far, far, far more often than I need to for my conclusion to be made and certainly more than I'd wanted to have seen him
You don't make two kamakazi challenges per game when on a booking and be a good pro in my opinion. There's been obvious correlations ie totting up the bookings towards Xmas, around international breaks etc
He plays the game with his head up his arse most of the time and I think I've only ever seen him play well twice - once at left back and once at holding midfield. Other than that I'd say he's been worse than Karl!!!

Gutted if we go into the season with him as first choice

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Berlin take two on 12:39 - Jul 25 with 1105 viewsAntti_Heinola

Berlin take two on 12:07 - Jul 25 by Lblock

90 minutes? Good pro??!!

Fcuk mine mate, I've seen the fella play far, far, far more often than I need to for my conclusion to be made and certainly more than I'd wanted to have seen him
You don't make two kamakazi challenges per game when on a booking and be a good pro in my opinion. There's been obvious correlations ie totting up the bookings towards Xmas, around international breaks etc
He plays the game with his head up his arse most of the time and I think I've only ever seen him play well twice - once at left back and once at holding midfield. Other than that I'd say he's been worse than Karl!!!

Gutted if we go into the season with him as first choice

yep fair points regarding his challenges which are terrible - and unprofessional.
I was the first to float the idea of his bookings around xmas actually (not uncommon), but I did it in jest and it's not really true.
Last year he was sent off at wolves in early Dec, but played on 18th Dec, 27th Dec, 31st dec, and 2nd Jan. So that doesn't really stack up. Year before he played three games in the first half of Dec and got no bookings.

i'd rather not fcuk yours if you don't mind, though. You are the person i fancy least on this board.

I'm not a Perch fan, far from it, but I do get a bit fed up of people's fixations with certain players that go far beyond actual reason.

Bare bones.

Berlin take two on 12:44 - Jul 25 with 1088 viewsenfieldargh

Berlin take two on 12:39 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

yep fair points regarding his challenges which are terrible - and unprofessional.
I was the first to float the idea of his bookings around xmas actually (not uncommon), but I did it in jest and it's not really true.
Last year he was sent off at wolves in early Dec, but played on 18th Dec, 27th Dec, 31st dec, and 2nd Jan. So that doesn't really stack up. Year before he played three games in the first half of Dec and got no bookings.

i'd rather not fcuk yours if you don't mind, though. You are the person i fancy least on this board.

I'm not a Perch fan, far from it, but I do get a bit fed up of people's fixations with certain players that go far beyond actual reason.

so who do you fancy the most?

is this why you get knee jerks?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Berlin take two on 12:47 - Jul 25 with 1079 viewsBrightonhoop

Good points L Block, on Perch.if he wanted to be sure surely a shrink would be worth booking to sort out his violent tendencies. Every time I see his name on the team sheet you know he's going to get sent off or give a penalty, I always think sooner he's sent off less opportunity to gift a penalty.
Tough balance with the youngsters, so much money in the game, and young hot heads, but Perch for me stands out as either unable or unwilling to improve his game. Wrong sort.
And people writing off Furlong at what 21? Crazy, he's got his best football ahead of him and is Rangers through and through. Can't expect a youngster to play like a seasoned pro. He's in the making. And that right sort don't grow in trees.
Berlin take two on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 1053 viewsAntti_Heinola

Berlin take two on 12:44 - Jul 25 by enfieldargh

so who do you fancy the most?

is this why you get knee jerks?

look, if i start listing they'll be jealousy, and then fights and it'll get really messy.
but you're right up there enfield, don't worry. Top 35.

Bare bones.

Berlin take two on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 1051 viewsSimonJames

Berlin take two on 11:56 - Jul 25 by kingo

We were top of the form league with Hall sitting in front of the defence and got some very creditable results at Reading, Birmingham and Newcastle. In my opinion, he had set the 50 points (prematurely) as his marker and then started to experiment and give players like Gladwin and Doughty a chance.

It's an interesting interpretation, and I hope you're right about what Ollie was thinking, because the way it looked to me was that we were halfway there after 18 games and Ollie took another 26 games to barely squeak in under the wire.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Berlin take two on 13:50 - Jul 25 with 937 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 12:39 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

If we're looking for somebody who likes Christmas off forget Perch, Lynch has missed matches between December 20 and 30 in eight of the last nine seasons.
Berlin take two on 14:27 - Jul 25 with 862 viewsAntti_Heinola

Berlin take two on 13:50 - Jul 25 by Northernr

If we're looking for somebody who likes Christmas off forget Perch, Lynch has missed matches between December 20 and 30 in eight of the last nine seasons.

Now that is highly suspicious.

Bare bones.

Berlin take two on 14:41 - Jul 25 with 829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Berlin take two on 14:27 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

You think...maybe...that...he's...Santa Claus?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Berlin take two on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 802 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 14:27 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

sorry, seven of the last eight seasons, including last year when he had "a knock" and missed Brighton on Boxing Day.

From our end of season report...

Lynch hasn’t been available to play any more than Hill would have been — 31 starts to Hill’s 28 at Glasgow Rangers. He missed the Boxing Day game at Brighton with “a knock” which the Huddersfield fans had told us to expect — he missed Christmas games (December 20-30) injured or suspended in 2014/15, 2013/14, 2012/13, 2011/12, 2010/11 and 2009/10 as well. A player who believes so passionately in the need for a winter break in English football he’s apparently decided to implement one by himself.
Berlin take two on 15:20 - Jul 25 with 752 viewsdavman

Berlin take two on 14:45 - Jul 25 by Northernr

sorry, seven of the last eight seasons, including last year when he had "a knock" and missed Brighton on Boxing Day.

From our end of season report...

Lynch hasn’t been available to play any more than Hill would have been — 31 starts to Hill’s 28 at Glasgow Rangers. He missed the Boxing Day game at Brighton with “a knock” which the Huddersfield fans had told us to expect — he missed Christmas games (December 20-30) injured or suspended in 2014/15, 2013/14, 2012/13, 2011/12, 2010/11 and 2009/10 as well. A player who believes so passionately in the need for a winter break in English football he’s apparently decided to implement one by himself.

Yeah, but before you start promoting Lynch as the no. 1 boo boy above Perch, remember that earlier in the season he played with a broken rib on a couple of occasions.

Can we have a different brownie point system from the one my wife has with me where it is easy to lose them and f-in impossible to gain them?

The Xmas thing with him is probably because it takes him 15-20 games to get 5 yellows...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Berlin take two on 15:23 - Jul 25 with 739 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 15:20 - Jul 25 by davman

Yeah, but before you start promoting Lynch as the no. 1 boo boy above Perch, remember that earlier in the season he played with a broken rib on a couple of occasions.

Can we have a different brownie point system from the one my wife has with me where it is easy to lose them and f-in impossible to gain them?

The Xmas thing with him is probably because it takes him 15-20 games to get 5 yellows...

You're going to make me go and see how many were suspensions aren't you? Back in a tick...
Berlin take two on 15:26 - Jul 25 with 733 viewsdavman

Berlin take two on 15:23 - Jul 25 by Northernr

You're going to make me go and see how many were suspensions aren't you? Back in a tick...

Stop backing your arguments up with facts; it's not on as you'll always prove me wrong...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Berlin take two on 15:27 - Jul 25 with 731 viewsNorthernr

Berlin take two on 15:23 - Jul 25 by Northernr

2016/17 — injury (two yellows to that point)
2014/15 — injury (four yellows)
2013/14 — suspension, red card
2012/13 — suspension, five yellows
2011/12 — injury (four yellows)
2010/11 — injury (zero yellows)
2009/10 — injury (zero yellows)
Berlin take two on 16:05 - Jul 25 with 665 viewsW7Ranger

Berlin take two on 15:27 - Jul 25 by Northernr

2016/17 — injury (two yellows to that point)
2014/15 — injury (four yellows)
2013/14 — suspension, red card
2012/13 — suspension, five yellows
2011/12 — injury (four yellows)
2010/11 — injury (zero yellows)
2009/10 — injury (zero yellows)

What were the injuries?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024