Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borysiuk to stay 11:09 - Jul 25 with 4496 viewsbosh67

Has learnt enough English and impressed Ollie and co. Good, I like this lad. Tough tackling and the kind of player we still need. Glad he has turned it around and learnt to speak English. That should make his time here much easier and he will take on a lot more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Borysiuk to stay on 18:14 - Jul 25 with 1338 viewsrunningman75

With possibly 2 Polish players in the first 11 can we have a Loft For Words campaign for some decent Polish beer to be sold at Loftus Road. Would ease the pain of watching the r's and give me more incentive to get to the ground early on match days.
Borysiuk to stay on 18:18 - Jul 25 with 1329 viewsDejR_vu

Borysiuk to stay on 15:24 - Jul 25 by davman

Said it before, but if the club is going to employ non-English speakers surely they need a better system than relying on teammates to translate. We are a professional football club who pay good money for our staff. If we chose to employ someone who doesn't speak english, get a translator to work with him and to teach him english.

This is not an office job or menial work; we are talking highly paid professionals. If we can't put something like that in place, don't recruit them.

Holloway openly saying that his lack of English was the problem. As has been said, it's not as if we didn't realise he was Polish or that his English was limited/non-existent before he signed is it? Incredible really that the answer seemed to be to get rid rather than help him learn the language.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Borysiuk to stay on 18:31 - Jul 25 with 1293 viewsBoston

Borysiuk to stay on 13:19 - Jul 25 by enfieldargh

co za piÄ™knoÅ›ć

Liked his stuff with Rainbow, shame he died, good drummer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Borysiuk to stay on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 1206 viewskensalriser

Borysiuk to stay on 18:14 - Jul 25 by runningman75

With possibly 2 Polish players in the first 11 can we have a Loft For Words campaign for some decent Polish beer to be sold at Loftus Road. Would ease the pain of watching the r's and give me more incentive to get to the ground early on match days.

How about any decent beer!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Borysiuk to stay on 22:39 - Jul 25 with 1112 viewsrsonist

Borysiuk to stay on 14:52 - Jul 25 by DejR_vu

I thought the club said that he hadn't settled in England and was homesick? Very odd behaviour; get homesick, get a move back home, spend the time learning a foreign language so you can go back to where you were homesick. Strange boy.

It's an odd one for me. We had Freeman and Manning playing central, Luongo on and off from international duty, Cousins back from injury, and Hall doing a good job that suited him. Scowen already had us wondering if Luongo was off. Now Borysiuk? You can talk all you like about potential extreme injury crises but no club has eight into three (or two, ideally for some).

Let's say Hall's going back to CB permanently. Except we're still looking to get in another (Hoban).

Let's say Freeman and Manning are to be considered wing/forwards/10s from now on. Except we're still looking to get in another (Bennett).

More likely we couldn't find the right buyer for Borysiuk so we'd all no choice but to give it another go. Actually, it was his family that supposedly hadn't settled if I recall correctly. Then again the way Polter suddenly started uncontrollably pining for home not long after Brexit Ollie came along... well you'd almost think the whole story was b0llocks wouldn't you?

(Edit- Just read the WLS report and it suggests the club would "scrap plans to sign another defensive midfielder" to keep Borysiuk. I'm baffled.)
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 22:45]
Borysiuk to stay on 01:00 - Jul 26 with 1011 viewskensalriser

If the most frequent formation is 451 it makes sense to have five times as many midfielders as forwards in the squad.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Borysiuk to stay on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 893 viewsBklynRanger

Borysiuk's progress has coincided handily with our fiscal austerity. Not sure it would have been like that most other recent summers. I'd rather we gave it a proper go with him anyway.
Borysiuk to stay on 08:41 - Jul 26 with 866 viewskingo

Borysiuk to stay on 08:17 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

Borysiuk's progress has coincided handily with our fiscal austerity. Not sure it would have been like that most other recent summers. I'd rather we gave it a proper go with him anyway.

You mean apart from the fact that most fans that have seen him play in the recent friendlies, have said how well he has played ??

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Borysiuk to stay on 08:54 - Jul 26 with 835 viewsBklynRanger

Borysiuk to stay on 08:41 - Jul 26 by kingo

You mean apart from the fact that most fans that have seen him play in the recent friendlies, have said how well he has played ??

Yeah ..
Borysiuk to stay on 09:08 - Jul 26 with 810 viewsaston_hoop

Borysiuk to stay on 18:14 - Jul 25 by runningman75

I swear żywiec gives me an extra strong hangover that no other beer achieves. I'm in.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Borysiuk to stay on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 759 viewsterryb

Borysiuk to stay on 22:39 - Jul 25 by rsonist

It's an odd one for me. We had Freeman and Manning playing central, Luongo on and off from international duty, Cousins back from injury, and Hall doing a good job that suited him. Scowen already had us wondering if Luongo was off. Now Borysiuk? You can talk all you like about potential extreme injury crises but no club has eight into three (or two, ideally for some).

Let's say Hall's going back to CB permanently. Except we're still looking to get in another (Hoban).

Let's say Freeman and Manning are to be considered wing/forwards/10s from now on. Except we're still looking to get in another (Bennett).

More likely we couldn't find the right buyer for Borysiuk so we'd all no choice but to give it another go. Actually, it was his family that supposedly hadn't settled if I recall correctly. Then again the way Polter suddenly started uncontrollably pining for home not long after Brexit Ollie came along... well you'd almost think the whole story was b0llocks wouldn't you?

(Edit- Just read the WLS report and it suggests the club would "scrap plans to sign another defensive midfielder" to keep Borysiuk. I'm baffled.)
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 22:45]

Perhaps we need all of those midfield players so that we can rotate them every game. The same with "all" of our forwards.

Thankfully, we weill keep the same tried & trusted defence so that the forever changing will not be to our detriment!

* This is not meant to be taken seriously, but at times I have some concerns that this may happen.
Borysiuk to stay on 09:50 - Jul 26 with 746 viewsdavman

Borysiuk to stay on 01:00 - Jul 26 by kensalriser

If the most frequent formation is 451 it makes sense to have five times as many midfielders as forwards in the squad.

Possibly true, but then isn't everyone agreed (including Ollie) that Washington needs to be part of a front 2?

We don't know what his formation will be, which means that he has reached his goal of opposition managers not knowing what his formation is going to be. The problem is that I am convinced that he doesn't know what his formation will be either...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Borysiuk to stay on 13:51 - Jul 26 with 616 viewsWestbourneR

Borysiuk to stay on 13:06 - Jul 25 by WadR

Scowen, Borysiuk, Luongo, Manning, Cousins, Goss I think is probably a good balance considering we may play with 3 in midfield at times, Cousins is just coming back from injury and Cousins and Manning have played in other positions for us before. And considering our fullback issues, I wouldn't mind seeing them played there really.

Fair bit of athleticism, energy and snap in that midfield - interested to see who Holloway opts for on the opening day.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 13:06]

I think Borysiuk is good player - combative, technique, energetic. He looks quite classy. I was surprised Ollie took against him.

Out of the six CMs mentioned (ignoring Doughty) I think Cousins is the one to miss out.

I really like aspects of Cousins but for me his touch and passing are just not good enough to play centre mid at this level. Fine if is he's a sitting DefMid but he isn't. He got utterly exposed vs Newcastle and I think he was big part of the reason we fell apart. We couldn't keep the ball in midfield at all.

I reckon Cousins pace, power and physicality might lend themselves to the right back position - particularly as we're weak there. Very weak.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Borysiuk to stay on 16:04 - Jul 26 with 524 viewsstevenagehoop

Borysiuk to stay on 13:51 - Jul 26 by WestbourneR

I think Borysiuk is good player - combative, technique, energetic. He looks quite classy. I was surprised Ollie took against him.

Out of the six CMs mentioned (ignoring Doughty) I think Cousins is the one to miss out.

I really like aspects of Cousins but for me his touch and passing are just not good enough to play centre mid at this level. Fine if is he's a sitting DefMid but he isn't. He got utterly exposed vs Newcastle and I think he was big part of the reason we fell apart. We couldn't keep the ball in midfield at all.

I reckon Cousins pace, power and physicality might lend themselves to the right back position - particularly as we're weak there. Very weak.

Sounds like an excuse for us not signing anybody new.Doughty and Furlong received the same comments last season. That said thought he looked useful last season when our manager didn't fancy him🤔

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024