Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives 15:28 - Jul 25 with 3151 viewsBirminghamR

If you are starved of match reports here's one - not quite to Northern's standards I'm afraid.

Chris Ramsey there keeping an eye on the youth coming through - a young side who tried to play football and competed with Villa, bossing small parts of the game.
3 trialists out of a back 4 so v inexperienced all round.
Impressions
Lumley good - excellent communication. Played the role of wise head very well I thought.
Trialist no 6 - centre half. Good in air
Axel Prohouly RW - showed lots of quality on the ball., trickery but on a couple of occasions did not bother to track back which left the trialist RB in trouble.
Josh Wallen - liked the lad in centre mid. Always there for the ball.Worked hard.
Dan Rowe - Again worked hard
Kingsley Eshan - big centre forward. Used his body v well for holding ball up front. But not too much attacking threat.
Villa hit bar 1st half, Rs had ball cleared off Villa line 2nd half.
Nice for me to see Andy Impey back on the touchline at Rs.
Tha'ts about it really
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:34 - Jul 25 with 3121 viewsDorse

Nicely done. Axel Prohouly was supposed to be the next big thing but never seems to get a look in for the First Team squad. I saw him pre-season last year against Aldershot and he didn't really stand out.

Keep hearing good things about Wallen and Rowe. Smegma has his finger on the pulse with the younger teams - he might be able to shed a bit more light on things.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:34 - Jul 25 with 3120 viewsNorthernr

Everybody who ever watches Prohouly says he's lazy in defence and dives around at the slightest contact.

Wallen is the Australian boy isn't he?
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:42 - Jul 25 with 3077 viewsBirminghamR

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:34 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Everybody who ever watches Prohouly says he's lazy in defence and dives around at the slightest contact.

Wallen is the Australian boy isn't he?

Yes Wallen is the Aussie
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 3034 viewsTacticalR

Thanks for your report.

On a side note, in Chris Green's 'Every Boy's Dream: England's Football Future on the Line' (2009), Villa was seen as pretty much the model Premiership club for developing youth players. Different times.

Air hostess clique

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 15:56 - Jul 25 with 3014 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for the report BirminghamR
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 15:57]
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 19:01 - Jul 25 with 2737 viewscaliforniahoop

Good job being done at youth level!
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 2566 viewsderbyhoop

If we had 3 trialists in the back 4, does that mean the club don't think Finney and Paul are going to be good enough to push the first team. Phillips and Niko Hammellainen were away with the 1st team in Germany.
After failing to make animpact at Port Vale, I'd be surprised if Prohouly isn't released.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 2398 viewsNorthernr

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 20:59 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

If we had 3 trialists in the back 4, does that mean the club don't think Finney and Paul are going to be good enough to push the first team. Phillips and Niko Hammellainen were away with the 1st team in Germany.
After failing to make animpact at Port Vale, I'd be surprised if Prohouly isn't released.

Were Finney and Paul maybe involved in the Carshalton game at the weekend, with JET and NEK, and therefore not played here?
Login to get fewer ads

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 2189 viewsGeorge_Milton

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 22:56 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Were Finney and Paul maybe involved in the Carshalton game at the weekend, with JET and NEK, and therefore not played here?

This was the team Dieng (Herdman - 46), Kioso, Williams (Derbyshire - 42), Comley, Adebowale, Omar, el Khayati, Stylianides, Thomas (Oteh - 46), Chair (Akinola - 54), Mathais (Rowe - 42)
Goals: Thomas (29 pen), Chair (39 and 51), Derbyshire (73)
Out of that lot Manny Adebowale is massive, Im surprised they could find a kit to fit, very much Shittu like, Jet, el Khayati and Comley did not stand out at all. Dieng was OK, as wa sour right back. Chair looks like he has something, small but strong and always want the ball and goes forward. Carshalton played some nice stuff cut us open a few times.
Derbyshire's goal was very good, some positive signs. Favourite part of the day some kids asking Jet who he was!
U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 12:01 - Jul 26 with 2062 viewsderbyhoop

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 22:56 - Jul 25 by Northernr

If they ever put the report up on the new Official web site, we might find out.

I know not everybody wants to know what's going on below First Team level but the coverage could be better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 1972 viewsDorse

U23 Aston Villa 1-0 Rs Some Perspectives on 12:01 - Jul 26 by derbyhoop

If they ever put the report up on the new Official web site, we might find out.

I know not everybody wants to know what's going on below First Team level but the coverage could be better.

I think that's a great point. I'd definitely be interested in the U23s and Development sides - even decent match highlights and reports from Hall, Impey, Furlong or Ramsay would help show the long / medium term plan in action. Might fend off a few Twitter explosions at the very least.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024