Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewal 18:13 - Jul 25 with 4777 viewsEalingHoop81

Has anyone else like me managed to miss the renewal deadline and tried to renew through the box office?

It was ridiculous today. Essentially having tried to navigate the new website and the personalised season ticket page it was clear that I had to call up and couldn't find the non loyalty window price anywhere. I spoke to a guy at the box office who informed me that to renew now would be £585 or so with the booking fee. I was somewhat taken aback as I sit in the R block of Ellerslie and to find my client ref number had found the renewal confirmation emails from last year and the year before and politely asked the guy how that could be correct when 2015 (post relegation with hopes of bouncing back) it was £450 and now it could be £585!?!? Apparently once I missed the loyalty window there was a significant price increase. Just to be clear the prices listed for existing season ticket holders in the loyalty window was £465 and for a new season ticket holder was £499. Now I get they made it clear that early renewal would be rewarded and there would be an increase etc but out of principal I'm not going to pay £85 more than someone who has never had a season ticket and happens to buy on 31 May when I have been a season ticket for 20 of the past 23 years or something daft.

I cannot see the current prices listed anywhere and wondered if anyone else had the same experience. I fully appreciate I could have renewed on 31 May but I happened to be absolutely manic at work for a few months and to be frank QPR was the last thing on my mind after the season we had. Now I live in Hertfordshire and have a young family and commute into london, the desire to keep coming back year after year starts to wane. So today the club have guaranteed less revenue as I'm not going to make more than 15 games and I won't automatically renew my season ticket next year etc etc.

Sorry for the essay just feel somewhat shortsighted if the club.
Season ticket renewal on 14:16 - Jul 26 with 774 viewsEalingHoop81

Season ticket renewal on 13:46 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

ok one final thing Ealing.
If you go to 15 games and you pay £472 as you suggest...
Is that not a far, far worse deal, than 23 games for £585? That's 8 extra games at £13 each, effectively. Just sayin.

Yep if I would otherwise go to all the games but not if I can't get to the other 8 games. I can't already make two in September for example. It's not like Twickets actually works as a market if I wanted to resell as a season ticket holder - I think I managed to sell one of the 4 or so I bothered listing last year, all of which were less than face value.

Either way it's less money for the club than if I had just paid them £525 for example......and we don't sell out. If we did it would be another matter.
Season ticket renewal on 14:29 - Jul 26 with 753 viewsrobith

Something else to mention as someone who has to use the instalment scheme to pay for his ticket is that there is the 10 month option which the club has taken in house and made interest free this year, which actually made my ticket cheaper, and I think they've not gotten enough praise for
Season ticket renewal on 07:31 - Jul 29 with 627 viewswhiten75

It will never change , always squeeze you . I had season ticket for 10 years i was at the back ellerslie road in between gold and silver. there is 3 to 4 seats on the stairwell , all charged gold prices! I Tried over the years to appeal this , my mates seat was half on stairs and half in silver ....... gold seat price!. Never got anywhere with managers or box office etc . Because you dont want to loose seat you carry on paying extra and supporting your team .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024