Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U2 00:24 - Jul 26 with 1794 viewsbob566

I know they're mostly hated on here but I saw them last Saturday. What a gig. Amazing. If you get a chance I'd highly recommend
U2 on 07:42 - Jul 26 with 1715 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw them at Twickenham and it seemed to be split into 3 parts.The first part was fantastic,but after bullet the blue sky,it seemed to go a bit flat,in my opinion.Some of the tracks on their best ever album didn't seem to translate to being played live.
They returned to their best for the last part again.
U2 on 08:06 - Jul 26 with 1684 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm not a fan of the big stadium gigs, just not for me.

In 1984, a mate popped offered a spare ticket to see U2 at the Brixton Academy. Lazy sod, passed it up and what a regret. Nine years later, same mate, got me a ticket to a gig at Wembley. Hated it, only thing I could properly see and hear, was when Bono phoned up someone in Sarajevo.

Then in 2005, I blagged a free ticket right up close to them in the Philips Arena in Atlanta. A basketball arena that had excellent acoustics and that night, they were utterly immense.

U2 not for everyone and Bono can be holier than thou. But you have to admire their longevity, their back catalogue is something and they certainly put in a shift...not that they pay tax on it mind!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

U2 on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 1516 viewslave16

U2 on 08:06 - Jul 26 by PlanetHonneywood

In 1984, a mate popped offered a spare ticket to see U2 at the Brixton Academy. Lazy sod, passed it up and what a regret. Nine years later, same mate, got me a ticket to a gig at Wembley. Hated it, only thing I could properly see and hear, was when Bono phoned up someone in Sarajevo.

Then in 2005, I blagged a free ticket right up close to them in the Philips Arena in Atlanta. A basketball arena that had excellent acoustics and that night, they were utterly immense.

U2 not for everyone and Bono can be holier than thou. But you have to admire their longevity, their back catalogue is something and they certainly put in a shift...not that they pay tax on it mind!

To parphrase Noel Gallagher - 'The local band' - were very good....
Bono sounded nervous for first song... but you could feel the anticipation and buzz in the crowd before they came on and I have to say U2 did not disappoint...

Best concerts have to be U2 , Springsteen, ACDC also prone to some Therapy?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

U2 on 16:02 - Jul 26 with 1474 viewsdanehoop

U2 on 15:04 - Jul 26 by lave16

To parphrase Noel Gallagher - 'The local band' - were very good....
Bono sounded nervous for first song... but you could feel the anticipation and buzz in the crowd before they came on and I have to say U2 did not disappoint...

Best concerts have to be U2 , Springsteen, ACDC also prone to some Therapy?

Must admit to being a major fan from first time I heard the album Boy and have followed them eversince. Just a great live band, seen them so many times around the world, but this is first tour I missed in a long time as I simply couldnt get tickets unless I paid 3 times face value through ticketmeister legally owned rip off reselling sites. Now reduced to watching some clips on Youtube and just feeling very jealous. Hopefully next time

Never knowingly understood

U2 on 18:36 - Jul 26 with 1413 viewsSimonJames

Listened to War the other day for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten how much I love that album.
Haven't seen them live since the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1985 - great gig and mental mudsliding.

100% of people who drink water will die.

U2 on 20:24 - Jul 26 with 1348 viewsGRDHoops

U2 on 16:02 - Jul 26 by danehoop

Must admit to being a major fan from first time I heard the album Boy and have followed them eversince. Just a great live band, seen them so many times around the world, but this is first tour I missed in a long time as I simply couldnt get tickets unless I paid 3 times face value through ticketmeister legally owned rip off reselling sites. Now reduced to watching some clips on Youtube and just feeling very jealous. Hopefully next time

I'm a massive fan too - I've been to every tour since Zoo TV and have seen them around Europe too - I think around 15 shows now. People will always say how crap they are ect. (usually because of Bono) but they are still really difficult to get tickets to for.

I saw them at Twickenham earlier this month, was lucky to get GA tickets in the pre-sale. It's worth getting the annual U2 membership as you can get upto 4 tickets per tour (the membership gift is usually pretty decent too, especially compared to the tatt QPR send out for a similar price!). I expect them to tour next year, especially with SOE coming out later in the year.

Great gig earlier this month, on top form as usual. Took my wife, she loved seeing them again too (rare night out for us, we don't get out much together these days as our daughter is severely autistic so it's hard leaving her with someone else) Was great to hear live rarity's like One Tree Hill, Exit ect.
U2 on 20:26 - Jul 26 with 1346 viewsBrightonhoop

U2 on 08:06 - Jul 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Was at the Brixton gig too, not listened to them post Joshua Tree which I enjoyed.

I do prefer them when Bono shuts up and just sings.
U2 on 22:27 - Jul 26 with 1285 viewsLongsufferingR

Heard nothing but great reviews. However, £170 + fees for the best seats is absolutely shameful.
Login to get fewer ads

U2 on 22:31 - Jul 26 with 1275 viewswombat

U2 on 22:27 - Jul 26 by LongsufferingR

Heard nothing but great reviews. However, £170 + fees for the best seats is absolutely shameful.

Like many used to avoid U2 live , but took the plunge on sat and went to Croke park have to say didn't regret one second , I've seen some great live gigs both in large and small venues and bloody hell they was up there with the best of them . Crowd were bang up for it which helped as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

U2 on 22:35 - Jul 26 with 1273 viewsBrightonhoop

U2 on 22:31 - Jul 26 by wombat

Like many used to avoid U2 live , but took the plunge on sat and went to Croke park have to say didn't regret one second , I've seen some great live gigs both in large and small venues and bloody hell they was up there with the best of them . Crowd were bang up for it which helped as well

Interesting that Noel Gallaghers been playing with them too.
U2 on 05:56 - Jul 27 with 1194 viewsPlanetHonneywood

U2 on 22:35 - Jul 26 by Brightonhoop

Interesting that Noel Gallaghers been playing with them too.

Rumoured U2 are interested in signing him before the transfer window shuts.

Not a fan of Noel Gallagher, jumped up little turd in my view. But as Bono is looking to have more options away from home and they're back in the Champions League next season, I could see Gallagher do a job for them. Free transfer as well, no brainer really.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

U2 on 11:16 - Jul 27 with 1120 views1MoreBrightonR

U2 on 07:42 - Jul 26 by stowmarketrange

I saw them at Twickenham and it seemed to be split into 3 parts.The first part was fantastic,but after bullet the blue sky,it seemed to go a bit flat,in my opinion.Some of the tracks on their best ever album didn't seem to translate to being played live.
They returned to their best for the last part again.

this is true of most gigs in my opinion...they start with some really big songs to get the crowd going, then run through some fillers and then go big at the end.
U2 on 12:57 - Jul 27 with 1076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tax dodging prikks. I wouldn't give them the stem of my pi$$.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

U2 on 13:07 - Jul 27 with 1063 viewsMick_S

U2 on 22:27 - Jul 26 by LongsufferingR

Stuff that. I wouldn't pay that to watch Elvis accomanyed by a Dodo.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

U2 on 13:12 - Jul 27 with 1050 viewsbob566

U2 on 12:57 - Jul 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Tax dodging prikks. I wouldn't give them the stem of my pi$$.

i was of that opinion Brian and didn't go to see them for years. A friend then pointed out that they don't trust the govt with their money and why would they? Instead they donate a lot of their hard earned into charities and schools of music in Ireland instead.
U2 on 13:20 - Jul 27 with 1044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U2 on 13:12 - Jul 27 by bob566

i was of that opinion Brian and didn't go to see them for years. A friend then pointed out that they don't trust the govt with their money and why would they? Instead they donate a lot of their hard earned into charities and schools of music in Ireland instead.

Not giving out to you, Bob. Far from it. But I'm sick of that utter crap from Irish millionaires and billionaires. They all trust the Irish government enough to be born in our hospitals and be educated in our schools. They were made by our society, they have a moral right to pay their taxes so that others can be healthy and educated. It's how society works.

For four lads that re shocking fond of telling the world how to behave, it's a shocking example to set.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

U2 on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 1018 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bono once asked me how he sounded after he came out of the loo he was singing in at TVC.

I told him ok as I could hear him through the wall.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

U2 on 17:16 - Jul 27 with 964 viewsmarkrtid

I woke up one morning to find my iPod virused by a U2 album. I felt gang raped.
U2 on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 918 viewsNW10Hoop

Saw them in Rome a couple of weeks back. Thought the show was incredible. Surprisingly loud and raw for a stadium show which are usually a little polished and tame for my liking
U2 on 01:27 - Jul 28 with 841 viewssmegma

U2 on 18:36 - Jul 26 by SimonJames

Listened to War the other day for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten how much I love that album.
Haven't seen them live since the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1985 - great gig and mental mudsliding.

I hav'nt seen them since the Palais in 81.

Out of choice.
U2 on 05:46 - Jul 28 with 810 viewsdistortR

U2 on 13:20 - Jul 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Not giving out to you, Bob. Far from it. But I'm sick of that utter crap from Irish millionaires and billionaires. They all trust the Irish government enough to be born in our hospitals and be educated in our schools. They were made by our society, they have a moral right to pay their taxes so that others can be healthy and educated. It's how society works.

For four lads that re shocking fond of telling the world how to behave, it's a shocking example to set.

"And if I want to build 5 mansions on pristine coastline, and if i have to pay off local environmental charities in order to do so, then that is what i'll do, for I am the Edge and it's in the name, dude"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024