Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommie Hoban incoming 16:09 - Jul 26 with 5139 viewsbosh67

Due to sign next week finally. Good centre back but... massively injury prone. On a year long loan. I guess he can go back if the injuries return but I suppose this is where we are and we need to keep fingers crossed he can stay off the treatment table and not become the new Matthew Rose around the place. He was meant to sign two weeks ago but suffered a fall at the signature table and sprained his arm and ankle.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 16:11]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tommie Hoban incoming on 16:11 - Jul 26 with 4179 viewspeejaybee

I heard that he fell off his wallet.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Tommie Hoban incoming on 16:22 - Jul 26 with 4119 viewsichbinnaughty

I have absolutely no feelings about this.
Nothing.
I know far-cawl about the lad really.

Having said that, I cannot wait to boo him into kingdomcome if he is not the next England-captain-in-waiting by September. Cannot wait.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 16:53 - Jul 26 with 3986 viewsBklynRanger

16 appearances last season for Blackburn. Hopefully he's over the worst of the deadly ebola now.

Strange spelling of Tommy if you ask me - most unsettling, must be explained during intro video piece.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 3953 viewsLunarJetman

Welcome to the treatment room Tommie!
Tommie Hoban incoming on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 3828 viewsNorthernr

Watford fan at work likes him but says he's fragile, which his record supports. 16 games for Blackburn last year restricted by one injury, now delayed coming in here because of another. Hmmmm.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 3781 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tommie Hoban incoming on 17:37 - Jul 26 by Northernr

Watford fan at work likes him but says he's fragile, which his record supports. 16 games for Blackburn last year restricted by one injury, now delayed coming in here because of another. Hmmmm.

Well fingers crossed, but I think we all agree what we really need back there is a super hard bstard who will head the bloody thing and won't go off even if his teeth are kicked out after landing on the ground having cleared a ball off the line with his boll)cks.
Clint, but younger, basically.
This doesn't sound like him.
Not like the last centre back from Watford we had on loan for a year worked out well...

Bare bones.

Tommie Hoban incoming on 17:54 - Jul 26 with 3752 viewsFredManRave

Let's just hope he's as effective as a gun. If he is then his song is already written for him;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tommie Hoban incoming on 18:39 - Jul 26 with 3599 viewsted_hendrix

Hope he's in better nick than Mark bloody Hateley was when we signed him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Tommie Hoban incoming on 18:57 - Jul 26 with 3539 viewsNeil_SI

I’ve heard he’s still thought of highly there and that there was hope from some that he wouldn’t be loaned out and would stay and fight for a place in the team.

But at his age at 23, and after some injury issues that he’s hopefully put behind him, he really ought to be looking to play week in, week out, and properly re-establish himself for the sake of his fulfilling own potential and career.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 19:36 - Jul 26 with 3407 viewsLblock

Hopefully this happens and hopefully he's ready to play 163 games this season as the Championship requires - Good Luck to him.

I did however hear he was out injured until October????

Surely the one player from Blackburn we want from last year is Gallagher - I can't see his parent club keeping or using him this season. Get him. Get goals.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tommie Hoban incoming on 20:22 - Jul 26 with 3260 viewsBrightonhoop

Sounds like a Sandro to me without a £10 mil price tag so mustn't grumble really, going in the right direction. And if he gets crocker more than he already is he goes back to tWa tford.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 20:25 - Jul 26 with 3254 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

What really worried me is that an anagram of his name is "Him Boot Man".
Doesn't bode well IMO...

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Tommie Hoban incoming on 21:02 - Jul 26 with 3156 viewsdistortR

Tommie Hoban incoming on 20:25 - Jul 26 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Doesn't bode well IMO...

my TB hobo man

edit- if he could spell his name right, damn him
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 21:03]
Tommie Hoban incoming on 21:18 - Jul 26 with 3081 viewsjoolsyp

Tommie Hoban incoming on 17:49 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Well fingers crossed, but I think we all agree what we really need back there is a super hard bstard who will head the bloody thing and won't go off even if his teeth are kicked out after landing on the ground having cleared a ball off the line with his boll)cks.
Clint, but younger, basically.
This doesn't sound like him.
Not like the last centre back from Watford we had on loan for a year worked out well...

What's Dan Shittu doing these days? Can we bring him out of retirement?
Tommie Hoban incoming on 21:35 - Jul 26 with 2996 viewsBrightonhoop

Tommie Hoban incoming on 20:25 - Jul 26 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Doesn't bode well IMO...

One anagrams forvJohn Terry incidentally, is complete and utter knt,
Tommie Hoban incoming on 23:39 - Jul 26 with 2720 viewsHitch

If Superman signed for us he come in on crutches.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 23:47 - Jul 26 with 2704 viewsBrightonhoop

Tommie Hoban incoming on 23:39 - Jul 26 by Hitch

If Superman signed for us he come in on crutches.

Snapped crutches. Detail and fine print is crucial.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 01:19 - Jul 27 with 2642 viewsBoston

Tommie, is broken Tommy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tommie Hoban incoming on 02:24 - Jul 27 with 2599 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It must be exacerbating for the boy, seemingly able but perpetually disabled.

The writing is already on the wall with this one, but like others, I do wonder if the somewhat fou-fou spelling of his first name, mentally contributes to his brittleness? Generally, a 'Tommy' is a robust guts and glory character, the likes of which you want beside you in the trenches when the whistle blows to go over the top. Not a wussy Tommie or Nikki or Marc with a 'C' for that matter. Because for every Marc Bircham, there are hordes of Marc Almonds.

I'm not familiar with this Tommie chap, so may I enquire; does he sport tatts and a beard? Is he a hipster in other words? Not much granite in them chaps in my view. All this being said however, one assumes the 'ie' withstanding, in the brave new utopia of well researched and technically considered decision making; he's the 'right sort'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tommie Hoban incoming on 05:22 - Jul 27 with 2557 viewshoopdog

I don't get this one why take a loan on someone else's sick note unless it's for him to prove his fitness for a permanent move to L. R , surely we can't be that skint that we can only get this sort of risk
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 5:23]
Tommie Hoban incoming on 05:51 - Jul 27 with 2511 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tommie Hoban incoming on 05:22 - Jul 27 by hoopdog

I don't get this one why take a loan on someone else's sick note unless it's for him to prove his fitness for a permanent move to L. R , surely we can't be that skint that we can only get this sort of risk
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 5:23]

I succumbed, and looked on the font that is wikipedia. When we talk about the '16 games' he played last season at Blackburn, he hadn't recorded any professional games since the end of the 14/15 season.

That is not an awful lot of football over the course of two seasons. In view of the fact that we have another young and talented player in Jack Robinson, also going through major injury issues this early in their career, it looks ominous for them both.

I agree with you, that given our precarious situation, it looks a bloody huge gamble to take on Hoban. Looking at a pic of him on wiki, he reminds me a bit of Jonathan Woodgate; good player, blighted by injuries.

Either way, good luck to them both this season.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tommie Hoban incoming on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 2303 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Gareth Ainsworth had injury trouble before he joined us and was somehow cured. (broken leg he tried to run off not counted)

This is where we are going wrong we take healthy players and injure/they become shit so we should be looking at the crocks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Tommie Hoban incoming on 09:38 - Jul 27 with 2206 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tommie Hoban incoming on 09:00 - Jul 27 by Metallica_Hoop

Gareth Ainsworth had injury trouble before he joined us and was somehow cured. (broken leg he tried to run off not counted)

This is where we are going wrong we take healthy players and injure/they become shit so we should be looking at the crocks.

Is that GIF meant to revive the otherwise crocked and cause them to leap forth re-invigorated? Because it is working for me.
Tommie Hoban incoming on 10:46 - Jul 27 with 2071 viewsDorse

We've regularly cured players of their various ills and agues. Take, for example, Armand Traore who was cured of his motivation to play football by a patient, steady infusion of money on a weekly basis which slowly weaned him off his need to work.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tommie Hoban incoming on 10:48 - Jul 27 with 2067 viewshoopdog

Tommie Hoban incoming on 10:46 - Jul 27 by Dorse

We've regularly cured players of their various ills and agues. Take, for example, Armand Traore who was cured of his motivation to play football by a patient, steady infusion of money on a weekly basis which slowly weaned him off his need to work.

Absolutely top class
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024