Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopes for the new season... 16:24 - Jul 26 with 7919 viewstraininvain

Not expecting much but I'll get the ball rolling.

I'd happily take mid table mediocrity with the emergence of a maverick player who gets the fans off their seats.

Maybe the latter part is asking too much but having a Wegerle or Taarabt makes going to games much more enjoyable even when we're drawing or losing to an extent.
Hopes for the new season... on 16:59 - Jul 26 with 4834 viewsNov77

don't think we are signing mavericks now, last player to sign described himself as 'a little rat', will that do?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hopes for the new season... on 17:47 - Jul 26 with 4778 viewsDWQPR

I'm pretty certain that by the end of September we will still mathematically be able to stay up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hopes for the new season... on 18:12 - Jul 26 with 4742 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll happily take staying up, got to be honest.
going to be a long, long season.

Bare bones.

Hopes for the new season... on 18:12 - Jul 26 with 4741 viewsJAPRANGERS

A result next season will be if we can stay up
Hopes for the new season... on 18:26 - Jul 26 with 4708 viewsSimonJames

Entertaining football and a definitive style? Two hopes...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Hopes for the new season... on 18:28 - Jul 26 with 4694 viewsFredManRave

That the play off final between us and Fulham goes to penalties.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hopes for the new season... on 18:30 - Jul 26 with 4692 viewsToast_R

Staying up but reckon we'll be down - relegated away up north in the last minute of a six pointer somewhere with 1 or 2 games to play. History repeating.
Hopes for the new season... on 18:44 - Jul 26 with 4659 viewsSnipper

Before we played Derby away on Friday March 31st last season, we were the form team in the Championship, and there was tonnes of positivity on here.

I predict now that we'll finish between 6th & 10th.

That's if we can cut out some of the defensive mistakes though.
Login to get fewer ads

Hopes for the new season... on 19:12 - Jul 26 with 4613 viewsNeil_SI

I know I am in the minority with this, but I felt we needed a season like last season. It would have been better if we didn’t change the goal posts as we did in mid-season and actually consolidated properly because we were well on course to.

We nearly paid for the risks we took, but got away with it in the end. The important thing to remember is that it’s a new season and a clean slate. The squad deserve a fresh start without prejudice and with everybody behind them, even if some are fearful there isn’t enough strength and depth or quality in the squad.

But, we did sign another boat load of players back in January and are still looking to do more business, and as long as that business is sensible and measured, I’ll be happy. Despite the amount of changes, we are still a little more settled than previously and expectations are more reasonable going into the season and perhaps would be happy with consolidation this time around.

For me, I just want to see progression. I’m never scared about hard work or the challenge ahead, and that should be enough motivation for a lot of our players.

There are question marks about some, but they’re exciting questions that need to be answered, and for better or worse, we will find out.

We’ve got plenty of players on the books who have stepped up in the sense that they’ve been here a little while now and got experience under their belts. Players like Grant Hall and Massimo Luongo have pushed on a bit and now need to really push on further and are in a great position to do so.

We’ve the likes of Luke Freeman, who has been excellent for us, and the surprise emergence of Ryan Manning - both of whom need to prove their consistency over the course of an entire campaign. If either of these players, Freeman especially, can produce week in, week out, and ensure that fire doesn’t go out, then that’s a bonus and will make a big difference to us.

Connor Washington scored goals and looked like he was starting to improve as a player, and he’s another one with a full pre-season under his belt and in a position to push on. And we can say that about so many of them, Jake Bidwell had a tough campaign last time out, but he was one of the most consistent players in that position before he arrived, and that’s behind him now. Surely he’ll be in a position to push on and do better.

We hope that Jordan Cousins can maintain his fitness and that we can see what a good player he can be at this level. His engine and legs were a key part of our plans last time around, but we never had the chance to see that come to fruition because of his injuries.

And I’m sure you can say that about some of the others as well. Lots of them are coming into that second or third campaign, which always asks big questions, but I’m pleased we’re in that position with them and looking forward to see who makes the next steps.

From a footballing perspective, I see that as positives to look forward to, but also understand and accept it might not work out for everybody and when that happens, we have to be prepared for it.
Hopes for the new season... on 19:19 - Jul 26 with 4598 viewsHarbour

Survival in the championship...no change in management more young players blooded and we bear NF at theirs
Hopes for the new season... on 19:21 - Jul 26 with 4587 viewsngbqpr

Pick a formation / style of play and stick with it.
Formation / style to fit the existing squad so we don't have to spend money we haven't got.
Round pegs in round holes.
Have a first choice player for each position with an obvious like for like player to step in when needed.
Any money spent to be done on filling any obvious gaps after the previous points have been enacted.
Resist the temptation to juggle the formation / starting line up weekly, try players in different positions, and spend money in the transfer windows just for the sake of it.

See where all the above gets us.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hopes for the new season... on 19:34 - Jul 26 with 4551 viewsRangersDave

If we don't get off to a flyer and win 3 of the first 5, then we will struggle with, at best, just surviving relegation. (3 wins and a draw minimum)

However, like previous seasons, i think our pre-season is a good indicator to where we are going, with lack of signings, cohesiveness, passion and wins / goals.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Hopes for the new season... on 19:34 - Jul 26 with 4548 viewsDorse

1. Survival without the traditional coronary.
2. Birmingham (Home): 90 consecutive minutes of vicious hatred, libellous invective and anatomically impossible suggestions aimed at their new Captain, Leader, Legend resulting in him dissolving into a sobbing heap as Manning skins him to score our fifth.
3. Birmingham (Away): see above, although with a kick in the bollocks thrown in.
4. Open top bus parade for whoever delivered the hoof in the knackers, freedom of West London, bronze effigy on South Africa Road depicting the event.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hopes for the new season... on 19:42 - Jul 26 with 4535 viewskenthoop11

Hopes for the new season... on 19:34 - Jul 26 by Dorse

2. Birmingham (Home): 90 consecutive minutes of vicious hatred, libellous invective and anatomically impossible suggestions aimed at their new Captain, Leader, Legend resulting in him dissolving into a sobbing heap as Manning skins him to score our fifth.
3. Birmingham (Away): see above, although with a kick in the bollocks thrown in.
4. Open top bus parade for whoever delivered the hoof in the knackers, freedom of West London, bronze effigy on South Africa Road depicting the event.

What's your beef with Paul Robinson?!
Hopes for the new season... on 19:44 - Jul 26 with 4527 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hopes for the new season... on 19:34 - Jul 26 by Dorse

Something better than last season. No change in manager.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hopes for the new season... on 19:46 - Jul 26 with 4515 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hopes for the new season... on 19:44 - Jul 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Something better than last season. No change in manager.

Sorry didn't mean to quote you Mr Dorse.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hopes for the new season... on 22:11 - Jul 26 with 4358 viewsessextaxiboy

I would be happy with 18th and not changing the manager . If we were within 6 pts of sixth in Jan I would be astonished and very happy .

First time ever I have not predicted Champions ....
Hopes for the new season... on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 4326 viewsLongsufferingR

1) That we can make it past October without sacking the manager
2) Consecutive cup wins (don't laugh)
3) Washington, Yeni, Wszolek, Robinson and Luongo to show the form I firmly believe they are capable of and lift us into the top ten

None of those should be beyond us.
Hopes for the new season... on 22:32 - Jul 26 with 4305 viewsLblock

Hopes...
I hope the sausage rolls and scotch eggs at The Adelaide have dropped in price by a pound to £5.50 each
I hope that civility can be returned in The Adelaide and we can drink out of glasses and bottles
I hope the standard of barmaid in The Adelaide remains at the above average level and that the last guv'nor(ess) is still there
I hope we beat Birmingham twice, have another hilarious day out by the Thames and beat Bentford twice - chuck in a couple of decent away wins and a bit of home form resulting in a finish anywhere from 14th to 8th and I'm happy
I hope to win an FA Cup game
I hope to be positive, not have spats with DannytheR, Antti, be dugout by Clive...
I hope to finally corner Lisa Snowdon without the need for a restraining order or her deployment of mace

Expectations...
I expect the price of the savoury snacks in The Adelaide will have gone up again by a fiscal popping 1,278% meaning my pre-match consumption of these across the season will be equivalent to purchasing a row of terrace houses in Burnley
I expect the law makers and H&S Gestapo will remain in decree that anyone who attends a football match and drinks before hand WILL smash a glass object into the nearest person's face whereas a lump of plastic renders them a peaceful hippy -- this effect is reduced to zero if you happen to be sitting at a table eating.
I expect the barmaid department to continue it's form of recent seasons and remain thoroughly pleasant - if not, zicohoops needs to be told what's going on.
I expect CandleFace to wax lyrical about "smash'in peeple dee owners" about both us and Brum and the games to be sideshows and be a lovely bit of TerryBaiting and ArryBaiting... draws in each. I expect to be embarrassed by our nearest neighbours, again, and also to have as much chance winning up North as Theresea May
I expect we'll finish around 6th bottom and be kept guessing until 3 or 4 games from the end
I expect to draw Northampton, again, in the FA Cup so that's the end of that, again.
I expect I'll post fairly drunk, be negative and morbid and have plenty of rucks with the lefties and the football purists - message board aint it?
I expect to receive another strong warning letter from the Met and my banning order from the Snowden residence to be extended to 5 miles and a further 6 months

Fcuk it... We're Only QPR... it's going to be another laugh and right old rollacoaster of giggles... isn't it?

Bring forth the guillotine - come on you R's! Can't wait

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hopes for the new season... on 22:34 - Jul 26 with 4300 viewsPunteR

Hopes for the new season... on 19:21 - Jul 26 by ngbqpr

Pick a formation / style of play and stick with it.
Formation / style to fit the existing squad so we don't have to spend money we haven't got.
Round pegs in round holes.
Have a first choice player for each position with an obvious like for like player to step in when needed.
Any money spent to be done on filling any obvious gaps after the previous points have been enacted.
Resist the temptation to juggle the formation / starting line up weekly, try players in different positions, and spend money in the transfer windows just for the sake of it.

See where all the above gets us.

This is what i'd hope to see as well.^^^^^^
Even if it takes a few games for it to gel stick with it.
I hope our midfield can start popping up with a few goals as well

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hopes for the new season... on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 4289 viewsBrightonhoop

Hope we can consolidate, not get relegated and complete the season with the same Manager for once.
Hopes for the new season... on 22:48 - Jul 26 with 4269 viewsdavman

My concern is that this lot are now used to losing - 7 of the last 8 at the end of last season and barring the practice match against Bromley, no wins in pre-season. Yep, its all about the fitness, blah, blah, blah, but we are used to defeats now.

Hoping that it is not as bad as I think it will be, which will be bloody awful. Down by Easter, shamed by both Brentford and Fulham and established as the fourth club in West London, albeit the only one with a W postcode...

My one hope is that we never forget what Ollie, Birch and Les once did for this club despite what feels inevitable this time round.

Where are my happy pills????

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hopes for the new season... on 23:56 - Jul 26 with 4185 viewsSimonJames

Hopes for the new season... on 22:48 - Jul 26 by davman

My concern is that this lot are now used to losing - 7 of the last 8 at the end of last season and barring the practice match against Bromley, no wins in pre-season. Yep, its all about the fitness, blah, blah, blah, but we are used to defeats now.

Hoping that it is not as bad as I think it will be, which will be bloody awful. Down by Easter, shamed by both Brentford and Fulham and established as the fourth club in West London, albeit the only one with a W postcode...

My one hope is that we never forget what Ollie, Birch and Les once did for this club despite what feels inevitable this time round.

Where are my happy pills????

I pretty sure I watched us winning at Peterborough...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Hopes for the new season... on 00:39 - Jul 27 with 4118 viewsFredManRave

Hopes for the new season... on 23:56 - Jul 26 by SimonJames

I pretty sure I watched us winning at Peterborough...

That result doesn't count because we won.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hopes for the new season... on 01:53 - Jul 27 with 4088 viewsBoston

I hope Ollie becomes a garch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024