Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin 09:01 - Jul 27 with 3430 viewsGloucs_R

Left Spain and gone to Mexico...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Faurlin on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 3376 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Faurlin on 09:39 - Jul 27 with 3358 viewsbosh67

Still only coming up 31 in 2 weeks. JFH must be the stupidest manager in the world.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin on 10:03 - Jul 27 with 3291 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 09:39 - Jul 27 by bosh67

Still only coming up 31 in 2 weeks. JFH must be the stupidest manager in the world.

Not really.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 11:01 - Jul 27 with 3190 viewsjohncharles

He'll be able to go home at weekends

Strong and stable my arse.

Faurlin on 11:15 - Jul 27 with 3149 viewssimmo

Faurlin on 11:01 - Jul 27 by johncharles

He'll be able to go home at weekends

Chiswick?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin on 12:28 - Jul 27 with 3021 viewsLunarJetman

Faurlin on 09:39 - Jul 27 by bosh67

Well his performances in Spain didn't earn him a second year though did they....
Faurlin on 12:41 - Jul 27 with 2989 viewsTonto

But he is the single reason QPR are crap! What is another club (in a slower paced league) thinking than a slow midfielder is not the answer?

I loved him before the injuries, but his lack of pace afterwards was/is a significant issue. move on!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Faurlin on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 2926 viewsbarbicanranger

Nice move for Ale. The Estadio Azul is a wonderful stadium (next to the main bull ring), it's one of the biggest clubs in Mexico and being the cultured guy that he is he will enjoy Mexico city. Will be nice for him to play for a club with big crowds that is well supported.

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin on 13:27 - Jul 27 with 2825 viewsNorthernr

Shameless plug for the piece we ran when he left...

Well it was never dull - Column 13th May 2016 19:15
LFW looks back at the controversies, highs, lowest lows and now premature release of one of the club's best players in the modern era as Ale Faurlin bids QPR farewell. 32

Faurlin on 14:21 - Jul 27 with 2717 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 13:27 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Shameless plug for the piece we ran when he left...

Well it was never dull - Column 13th May 2016 19:15
LFW looks back at the controversies, highs, lowest lows and now premature release of one of the club's best players in the modern era as Ale Faurlin bids QPR farewell. 32

ah God, welled up reading that again Clive you utter bstard.
He might be my favourite QPR player of all time.
He'll be back as manager one day, though. Defo.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 15:41 - Jul 27 with 2579 viewspaesanu

Always good to hear what favourites from past years are up to. Good on him!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Faurlin on 16:08 - Jul 27 with 2520 viewsmarkrtid

I would have him stuffed and placed in the Loftus Rd reception area just for his comitment to QPR.

Injuries aside. Getting rid of him and Clint Hill may have gone towards the mediocre season that was. I an sure they would have played a part regardless of being on the pitch or not.

I can think of a few players who are still earning an easy buck out of us but offer nothing.

Peace
Faurlin on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 2514 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Faurlin on 14:21 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

ah God, welled up reading that again Clive you utter bstard.
He might be my favourite QPR player of all time.
He'll be back as manager one day, though. Defo.

Doubt it
Faurlin on 16:30 - Jul 27 with 2457 viewsPlanetHonneywood

He went with songs to the battle, he was young.
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
He was staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
He fell with his face to the foe.

He shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary him, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember him.

He mingles not with his laughing comrades again;
He sits no more at familiar tables of home;
He havs no lot in our labour of the day-time;
He sleeps beyond England's foam.

Ode to Faurlin

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Faurlin on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 2425 viewsmarkrtid

Faurlin on 16:30 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

He went with songs to the battle, he was young.
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
He was staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
He fell with his face to the foe.

He shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary him, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember him.

He mingles not with his laughing comrades again;
He sits no more at familiar tables of home;
He havs no lot in our labour of the day-time;
He sleeps beyond England's foam.

Ode to Faurlin

All thats missing from that is the Ramin Djawadi Game of thrones soundtrack.
It doesn't ryme though. Not in a Dr. Seuss way.

I'll send you it.
Faurlin on 18:45 - Jul 27 with 2302 viewsRBlock

Faurlin on 16:14 - Jul 27 by superhoopdownunder

Doubt it

Ye I can't see him putting himself through the rigmarole of management. More likely to buy a coffee shop with his mate, or a BBQ restaurant somewhere sunny where he can just sit and play his guitar all day.
Faurlin on 09:14 - Jul 28 with 1987 viewspaulparker

Faurlin on 12:41 - Jul 27 by Tonto

But he is the single reason QPR are crap! What is another club (in a slower paced league) thinking than a slow midfielder is not the answer?

I loved him before the injuries, but his lack of pace afterwards was/is a significant issue. move on!

one of the biggest myths in football is that your no good or finished if you don't have "pace" its up there with his "to small to make it"
having pace doesn't make you pass the ball better, look up, read the game , keep the ball , all the attributes you need for a holding midfielder or a sweeper a position Ale would have been brilliant in btw
did Hoddle, Ardilles , Cruyff , Platini Bowles, have this "pace" no they didn't they had a football brain they could play in any position and make the ball do the work
we are obsessed in this country about African/French holding midfielders who run bout 20 miles a games
no coincidence that our best midfielder is Freeman who is slower than a turtle walking backwards and who also has a good left foot , he is our best player because he can make things happen , because he is a decent footballer and his "pace" is in his head
JFH & Les fcuked up badly by getting rid of faurlin and keeping Henry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Faurlin on 09:50 - Jul 28 with 1937 viewsichbinnaughty

Induct him into the Forever R's club.
Induct Adel as well.
Faurlin on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 1919 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 18:45 - Jul 27 by RBlock

Ye I can't see him putting himself through the rigmarole of management. More likely to buy a coffee shop with his mate, or a BBQ restaurant somewhere sunny where he can just sit and play his guitar all day.

he's been preparing for management for some time I believe.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1902 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 09:14 - Jul 28 by paulparker

one of the biggest myths in football is that your no good or finished if you don't have "pace" its up there with his "to small to make it"
having pace doesn't make you pass the ball better, look up, read the game , keep the ball , all the attributes you need for a holding midfielder or a sweeper a position Ale would have been brilliant in btw
did Hoddle, Ardilles , Cruyff , Platini Bowles, have this "pace" no they didn't they had a football brain they could play in any position and make the ball do the work
we are obsessed in this country about African/French holding midfielders who run bout 20 miles a games
no coincidence that our best midfielder is Freeman who is slower than a turtle walking backwards and who also has a good left foot , he is our best player because he can make things happen , because he is a decent footballer and his "pace" is in his head
JFH & Les fcuked up badly by getting rid of faurlin and keeping Henry

I'd agree with that broadly, paul.
And I definitely would have let Henry go, but I don't think it was an either/or. I would've kept Faurlin, but I could absolutely understand replacing him (not that we really did, sadly!).
I don't think losing Hill or Faurlin were particularly bad decisions. It's ok to invoke Cruyff, Hoddle etc. But Faurlin wasn't Cruyff or Hoddle. And for years, particularly under Redknapp, we were so one-paced - still are! We had to defend really deep with Clint in the side. Pace is important to any team - and the game was so much slower in the eras you're talking about.
We were told Freeman was slow when he came, but he doesn't look slow to me. Weird he has that reputation.
The African/French thing is a bit weird, mate. I think every team would love Kante in their side, not sure what his nationality has to do with it. Teams want someone who can run, tackle and pass. I don't think that's a new phenomenon or one that's exclusive to England.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 10:54 - Jul 28 with 1854 viewsRBlock

Faurlin on 09:57 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

he's been preparing for management for some time I believe.

Oh really? Awesome. All the best to him. Would love to have him back here in any capacity, but just hope the twitter fan base wouldn't massacre him by October. Same fears about Ainsworth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024