Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown 22:49 - Jul 31 with 9727 viewsLazyFan

Our first 5 Championship fixtures are really tough:

QPR vs Reading
Sheffield Wednesday vs QPR
Norwich City vs QPR
QPR vs Hull City
Cardiff City vs QPR

We shall be lucky to get 4 points from that lot.
Relegation battle starts early this year.

Meltdown every week!

Don't worry Birch said we would do all our transfer business early this year so, as to be fully prepared in pre-season.
Thus on Saturday at 2.59pm we should expect one or two to come in no doubt!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 23:22 - Jul 31 with 6646 viewsstowmarketrange

We can always rely on a run in the league cup to cheer us up a bit.We've only got Northampton town at home.
Oh cobblers.
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 00:09 - Aug 1 with 6591 viewsdachiltern

I see tHe support being shown for the club is at its usual negative level.
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 00:57 - Aug 1 with 6554 viewsTacticalR

A vigorous meltdown is good for the constitution - just ask those guys on ArsenalFanTV.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 0:59]

Air hostess clique

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 03:10 - Aug 1 with 6503 viewsBoston

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 23:22 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

We can always rely on a run in the league cup to cheer us up a bit.We've only got Northampton town at home.
Oh cobblers.

Fancy them to give us a shoeing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 07:38 - Aug 1 with 6362 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 03:10 - Aug 1 by Boston

Fancy them to give us a shoeing?

This club has a lot more sole than we give ourselves credit for. Alas, to this Yin, the Yang is the presence of a prodigious amount of R soles!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 07:50 - Aug 1 with 6335 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yes, its a tricky start and frankly, as I am sure it would be for any one in the Championship. The middle also looks hard and frankly, the final run in ain't offering too much comfort either.

Yes, we're in trouble off the pitch. Yes we do seem to have some issues on the pitch and yes, we've had the most uninspiring pre-season I can recall.

But while we can all bitch, moan and raise a myriad of valid points as to why it's all likely to go nipples north, the fact is, come K.O. on Saturday, it's all hands on deck. When we were relegated in 2013, that first opener against SWFC, the support was superb, even after going one-down and looking a little ropey.

We were the MOM and that attitude is what is needed on Saturday, because we're nowhere near as strong now as we were then. But if the fans are just waiting for the first signs of trouble, then we're mullered and we might as well throw the towel in now.

Of course, if we do show some spirit and put in some good efforts, then who knows? Confidence could indeed grow and we could launch ourselves from a tricky start into a reasonable season thereafter.

For me, anything from five points up, and it won't be the worst start we could expect a few days out. Even that is a tough ask, but again, it would be a tough start for anyone.

Get off to an 'arms out 'kin 'ave it Rangers' start against Reading, and I'm going to stick my cock on the block and say......7 (seven) points from the opening five games!

[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 7:51]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 07:56 - Aug 1 with 6320 viewsJamesB1979

I think individually back 4 of furlong, Bidwell, Ned and Lynch is ok. If they're organized well it could be a solid(ish) back 4.....even more so with Smthies behind. Wild card would be a fully fit, sober and hungry Caulker would turn back 4 to a very good one. Midfield of Scowen, freeman and another wild card Ariel could be strong too. Then pawel, yeni and Sylla. I think that's a strong team. So, think if organized, structure good, keep consistent side then we can get to mid table.
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 09:08 - Aug 1 with 6160 viewsrobith

Or the alternative, we win the first two and everyone decides we're getting promoted
Login to get fewer ads

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 09:17 - Aug 1 with 6141 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It just feels like we've been here before. Talk of 5-3-2 formations. Steven Caulker's final final chance. The toughest pre-season EVER!

The only difference I can see is that for the first time in years we have a more settled team. So far no big clear out and no influx of new signings. I'm hoping that will be enough to take us from relegation strugglers into mid table. It's going to be tough. August is bad and September doesn't look much better!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 09:33 - Aug 1 with 6092 viewspeejaybee

That's what I like'Bags of Optimism and Encouragement'

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 09:41 - Aug 1 with 6067 viewsbosh67

Sack everyone now. Get new people in. And then sack them. Let's do this the Trump/Briatore way. Then sack them all again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 09:59 - Aug 1 with 6025 viewsHarbour

Performance v Bournemouth was encouraging think we will be solid can see a lot of draws hopefully reasonable start to lead to mid table season I am going for narrow 1-0 nil win on Saturday fingers x
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:01 - Aug 1 with 6021 viewsdaveB

On the plus side as so many seem to have written the team and manager off then we shouldn't have a meltdown if we start badly as most seem to be expecting it
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:11 - Aug 1 with 5991 viewsizlingtonhoop

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:01 - Aug 1 by daveB

On the plus side as so many seem to have written the team and manager off then we shouldn't have a meltdown if we start badly as most seem to be expecting it

Ohhhh. You know it doesn't work that way...
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:12 - Aug 1 with 5987 viewsMick_S

Pint, anyone?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:17 - Aug 1 with 5966 viewsDorse

Statement from the Joint Internet Supporters Mobilisation (JISM)
'We are currently joint top of the Championship. Is it so unreasonable to expect us to maintain this position for 48 games? I think not. Anyone who says otherwise is not a true fan and can fcuk off to Chelsea.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:33 - Aug 1 with 5931 viewsstowmarketrange

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:17 - Aug 1 by Dorse

Statement from the Joint Internet Supporters Mobilisation (JISM)
'We are currently joint top of the Championship. Is it so unreasonable to expect us to maintain this position for 48 games? I think not. Anyone who says otherwise is not a true fan and can fcuk off to Chelsea.'

It's only 46 games.
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 11:56 - Aug 1 with 5795 viewsDorse

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 10:33 - Aug 1 by stowmarketrange

It's only 46 games.

JISM has included our usual cup 'runs', it would seem...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 12:20 - Aug 1 with 5757 viewsSimonJames

Head says 2 points - draws against SW and Cardiff. But if we can get seven then I think that will set us up for a decent season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 5748 viewsMytch_QPR

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 11:56 - Aug 1 by Dorse

JISM has included our usual cup 'runs', it would seem...

Yes, but how long before there is a schism in JISM?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 12:54 - Aug 1 with 5662 viewsR_from_afar

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 07:50 - Aug 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Yes, its a tricky start and frankly, as I am sure it would be for any one in the Championship. The middle also looks hard and frankly, the final run in ain't offering too much comfort either.

Yes, we're in trouble off the pitch. Yes we do seem to have some issues on the pitch and yes, we've had the most uninspiring pre-season I can recall.

But while we can all bitch, moan and raise a myriad of valid points as to why it's all likely to go nipples north, the fact is, come K.O. on Saturday, it's all hands on deck. When we were relegated in 2013, that first opener against SWFC, the support was superb, even after going one-down and looking a little ropey.

We were the MOM and that attitude is what is needed on Saturday, because we're nowhere near as strong now as we were then. But if the fans are just waiting for the first signs of trouble, then we're mullered and we might as well throw the towel in now.

Of course, if we do show some spirit and put in some good efforts, then who knows? Confidence could indeed grow and we could launch ourselves from a tricky start into a reasonable season thereafter.

For me, anything from five points up, and it won't be the worst start we could expect a few days out. Even that is a tough ask, but again, it would be a tough start for anyone.

Get off to an 'arms out 'kin 'ave it Rangers' start against Reading, and I'm going to stick my cock on the block and say......7 (seven) points from the opening five games!

[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 7:51]

Great points about us fans. We need to be the 12th man....for the Rs, not the opposition!

Come on, whatever happens, let's get behind the team. Save the carping and moaning for after the match. We might even enjoy ourselves.

RFA (rummages in pocket for pills)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 5645 viewsplasmahoop

Sporting life prediction for us is 16th. I'm not sure, could go either way. If we can play like we did in our purple patch and hit the ground running we could do ok. I really hope not but I worry that Ian Holloway keeps messing about with things and won't be able to turn it round if we are on the skids
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 5601 viewsDANRANGER

I believe the lack of expectation is a good thing and the situation at the club may prove to be a positive. The issue for me is IH and how we play. We have to set up solid and look to draw teams on and counter. Our best forward players are pavel/freeman and hopefully yeni so let's be solid and give them a platform to create. We are not going to score many so crowd and team must be patient and stay in games as long as possible.

Let's give them a chance before writing them off. 1 nil Saturday for me with manning from long range. You r's!!
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 13:19 - Aug 1 with 5568 viewsstevec

I'm actually feeling incredibly optimistic on the basis it cannot get any worse than I'm expecting it to be.
Prepare for continuous QPR meltdown on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 5520 viewsrsonist

Have a funny feeling we'll beat Reading. After that the shoeings will commence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024