Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? 13:19 - Aug 4 with 3944 viewsthemodfather

this is 3 years plus now and still hangs over the club...and still seems to go on and on.
in the interests of said fair play to all, this needs resolving one way or another and then as a club we can move on.
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:31 - Aug 4 with 3921 viewsessextaxiboy

Just after the transfer window closes probably ....
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:35 - Aug 4 with 3896 viewsJackFrost

In my view, QPR management need to explain to fans why they are allowing this to be dragged out. An arbitration need not take this long, and it's in the club's interest to get this malignant monkey off its back
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:45 - Aug 4 with 3869 viewsconnell10

Maybe we are under some sort of transfer embargo where we can only sell players and the ones we get in have to be on loan or a free. It all seems rather odd to be honest.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:52 - Aug 4 with 3847 viewsNorthernr

The arbitration concluded last week of June. No idea how long we have to wait for an outcome.

Bit harsh to say it's QPR dragging it out. 1 - legal process in this country moves at a snail's pace and 2 - did you just want us to roll over and hand over £60m for breaching rules even the league themselves admitted were flawed and changed? We're fighting our corner, and while the way we went about breaching it with Redknapp's disgusting £100m squad was absolutely disgraceful we've every right to do that.

As I've said before, don't be surprised if we never really find out. Unless they get the full 60 big ones from us it's not in the league's interest for it to be publicised. If the arbitration goes massively our way then they'll have Blackburn and Forest's lawyers on the phone asking why they were forced to sell their entire squads (and in Blackburn's case get relegated) to comply with rules that have been judged to be a nonsense. If it's a nominal fine it makes the rules look toothless and more and more clubs will start just 'doing a Wolves' and ignoring them - after all what's a £4m fine (for instance) when you're paying £7m for Tom Lawrence? I suspect they'll reach some sort of settlement that will be shrouded in "confidentiality clauses" and they'll bung the release out at about 17.29 on a Friday night before a Bank Holiday weekend.

We might get absolutely whacked but I'd be very surprised. The Football League themselves are very quick to say "football clubs are private businesses there's only so much we can do" when people wonder why they're letting all manny of dodgy foreign owners take over community assets and ruin them, why they're suddenly allowed (legally) to tell said private business what they can spend, how much they can lose, especially when it would mean not honouring contracts signed before the rules came in, I don't know.

This post has been edited by an administrator
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 18:08 - Aug 4 with 3650 viewsJackFrost

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:52 - Aug 4 by Northernr

The arbitration concluded last week of June. No idea how long we have to wait for an outcome.

Bit harsh to say it's QPR dragging it out. 1 - legal process in this country moves at a snail's pace and 2 - did you just want us to roll over and hand over £60m for breaching rules even the league themselves admitted were flawed and changed? We're fighting our corner, and while the way we went about breaching it with Redknapp's disgusting £100m squad was absolutely disgraceful we've every right to do that.

As I've said before, don't be surprised if we never really find out. Unless they get the full 60 big ones from us it's not in the league's interest for it to be publicised. If the arbitration goes massively our way then they'll have Blackburn and Forest's lawyers on the phone asking why they were forced to sell their entire squads (and in Blackburn's case get relegated) to comply with rules that have been judged to be a nonsense. If it's a nominal fine it makes the rules look toothless and more and more clubs will start just 'doing a Wolves' and ignoring them - after all what's a £4m fine (for instance) when you're paying £7m for Tom Lawrence? I suspect they'll reach some sort of settlement that will be shrouded in "confidentiality clauses" and they'll bung the release out at about 17.29 on a Friday night before a Bank Holiday weekend.

We might get absolutely whacked but I'd be very surprised. The Football League themselves are very quick to say "football clubs are private businesses there's only so much we can do" when people wonder why they're letting all manny of dodgy foreign owners take over community assets and ruin them, why they're suddenly allowed (legally) to tell said private business what they can spend, how much they can lose, especially when it would mean not honouring contracts signed before the rules came in, I don't know.

This post has been edited by an administrator

When you say the arbitration ended in June, I assume you mean, in a hearing, so now we are waiting on the arbitrator's decision, and any award.

If that's the case, then I doubt settlement talks are relevant. It's too late. I suppose both sides could agree to keep any award confidential. That could even be Holloway's bomb going off. He ran his mouth (not the first time) and had to deny it later. But at some stage, the club's management are going to have to tell fans that resolution has been reached, because it's acting as a huge straightjacket on our transfer policy and remains the elephant in the room
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 09:05 - Aug 5 with 3292 viewsterryb

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 18:08 - Aug 4 by JackFrost

When you say the arbitration ended in June, I assume you mean, in a hearing, so now we are waiting on the arbitrator's decision, and any award.

If that's the case, then I doubt settlement talks are relevant. It's too late. I suppose both sides could agree to keep any award confidential. That could even be Holloway's bomb going off. He ran his mouth (not the first time) and had to deny it later. But at some stage, the club's management are going to have to tell fans that resolution has been reached, because it's acting as a huge straightjacket on our transfer policy and remains the elephant in the room

But is it the FFP judgement that has affected our transfer policy this summer?

Perhaps that could be due to our owners not wanting to waste any more capital on buying players? Or that they don't feel we need new players?
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 09:14 - Aug 5 with 3269 viewsQPR_Jim

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 09:05 - Aug 5 by terryb

Perhaps that could be due to our owners not wanting to waste any more capital on buying players? Or that they don't feel we need new players?

It might be that part of their argument/case is that they've changed their way and have learnt their lesson and the failure to meet the FFP rules was due to existing contracts before FFP existed, so a large fine is just profiteering. If this or something similar is part of our defence then we can't go spending money on scores of new players.
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 10:06 - Aug 5 with 3195 viewsJackFrost

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 09:05 - Aug 5 by terryb

I'm sure the owners have learned the error of their profligate ways, and that will stand us in good stead going forward.

But I think a loosening of the purse strings and some prudent buys would make us competitive in the division, which we aren't now. "Spend nothing and hope to do a Huddersfield" seems to be the strategy. I believe the FFP arbitration hanging over us has been a big constraint. We need to look whiter than white to any arbitrator hearing the Football League's case. The sooner it's done and past us, the better imo.
Login to get fewer ads

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 10:38 - Aug 5 with 3143 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ffp has little to do with our current frugal trading policy. It is rather an indication that Fernandes et al are still interested in running the club as a viable business proposition.

Are they rolling the dice on a quick 'can we buy it?' strategy? No, they are not. Over to you, Lblock and paulparker...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 3058 viewsJAPRANGERS

Just give 'em a fiver and a bag of salt 'n' vinegar flavour crisps. And that's being generous on our part.
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 2967 viewsthemodfather

i am assuming qpr have banked as much of the parachute money to help to any fine, if given at all.....if no fine or a manageable one, then happy days we can strengthen the squad and compete.
i posted as papaers/bbc news mentioned in may this year, outcome to come next month,,,ie june, it's now august
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:34 - Aug 5 with 2941 viewscolinallcars

I remember the Times saying it would definitely July 21st. Of course they didn's say which year.
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 2842 viewstimcocking

What an utter fcuking farce, the whole thing.
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 15:31 - Aug 5 with 2829 viewsderbyhoop

If I was running a business that was anticipating a potential payout of somewhere between £500K and £60m, I wouldn't be in any hurry to hear the judgement. Not sure my cash flow would stand it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 15:53 - Aug 5 with 2814 viewsDylanP

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 13:35 - Aug 4 by JackFrost

In my view, QPR management need to explain to fans why they are allowing this to be dragged out. An arbitration need not take this long, and it's in the club's interest to get this malignant monkey off its back

You do, do you? Why? QPR management need to explain an FA procedure to the fans? If you want to understand the rules, go on the FA website. Stop whining!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 21:25 - Aug 5 with 2663 viewsbaz_qpr

I would say the current frugal spending is to do with the current FFP rules which look at losses over a 3 year period. That would include our premiership season where the loss would blow away the ability for any spending as we would have to break even or make a profit for the championship seasons. Once this year is out of the way then we will have money to spend again. Essentially the new rules encourage a blow out for 1 year in 3 and then try and stay on an even keel if you don't get promoted in that season
when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 22:31 - Aug 5 with 2587 viewsJackFrost

when is the qpr fffp being resolved? on 15:53 - Aug 5 by DylanP

You do, do you? Why? QPR management need to explain an FA procedure to the fans? If you want to understand the rules, go on the FA website. Stop whining!

What's the FA got to do with a Football League arbitration?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 13:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024