Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another piece of quality reporting from GWL 12:56 - Aug 10 with 3157 viewsKensal_Ranger

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-glasgow-range
Another piece of quality reporting from GWL on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 3020 viewsNorthernr

They've clearly noticed (as we have on here) that if you put team names in headlines you get more clicks, and obviously some teams more than others. Except Freeman never played for Nottingham Forest. Nor did he play for Rangers, which is what the URL suggests they had there to start with.

It's a real shame local papers have gone this way, clickbait nonsense and websites that are totally unreadable because of the ads (yes I know this one has been ad-heavy of late before you start). What they've found as they've got rid of all their photographers, subs, journalists, newsrooms and started doing the job from centralised offices miles and miles away from patch is they've become irrelevant to the communities they represent and have often been overtaken by local blogs doing the job properly - i.e. attending court, attending council meetings, talking to people.

My experience working in that industry was that everybody senior in the companies making decision had risen up through the ad sales department and didn't a) have a clue and b) give much of a sht what we did in the newsroom or why we needed so many people to do it.
Another piece of quality reporting from GWL on 14:20 - Aug 10 with 2977 viewscaliforniahoop

Another piece of quality reporting from GWL on 13:57 - Aug 10 by Northernr

They've clearly noticed (as we have on here) that if you put team names in headlines you get more clicks, and obviously some teams more than others. Except Freeman never played for Nottingham Forest. Nor did he play for Rangers, which is what the URL suggests they had there to start with.

It's a real shame local papers have gone this way, clickbait nonsense and websites that are totally unreadable because of the ads (yes I know this one has been ad-heavy of late before you start). What they've found as they've got rid of all their photographers, subs, journalists, newsrooms and started doing the job from centralised offices miles and miles away from patch is they've become irrelevant to the communities they represent and have often been overtaken by local blogs doing the job properly - i.e. attending court, attending council meetings, talking to people.

My experience working in that industry was that everybody senior in the companies making decision had risen up through the ad sales department and didn't a) have a clue and b) give much of a sht what we did in the newsroom or why we needed so many people to do it.

Beautifully put!
Another piece of quality reporting from GWL on 14:47 - Aug 10 with 2913 viewsBoston

Journalists....hung by their own petard.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another piece of quality reporting from GWL on 06:14 - Aug 12 with 2564 viewsJAPRANGERS

It's fkin ridiculous reporting. Does nobody check the facts before going to print or they just don't care anymore?? Nobody cares about a paper's credibility??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024