Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nedam Onouha 18:27 - Aug 12 with 16239 viewsRuislipHoop

Chief,really ???
Nedam Onouha on 22:00 - Aug 12 with 2973 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nedam Onouha on 21:39 - Aug 12 by RuislipHoop

No,I've never been before,I just like the kit.

TBF, that would be good enough reason, its a triffic kit.
Nedam Onouha on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 2884 viewsLblock

So we wouldn't sell him if Hughesless came in with a bid?

A couple of mill well spent gets us someone far better IMHO

Huge unforced error v Reading unpunished
Error v Cobblers got away with
Needless error today was a killer

The man is prone to watching butterflies at key times
Sorry but thems the truths

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nedam Onouha on 23:11 - Aug 12 with 2842 viewsDorse

Nedam Onouha on 22:46 - Aug 12 by Lblock

If Hughes wants to pay the going rate (which seems to be utterly ridiculous based on some of the transfers this season) then we will definitely sell. There is absolutely no doubt that he's a decent bloke or that he is well liked and respected at the club but every player will have a price.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Nedam Onouha on 23:41 - Aug 12 with 2811 viewsLazyFan

Nedam Onouha on 19:11 - Aug 12 by DeepcutHoop

I remember even Danny Maddix was prone to a regular error. I'm not having Ned be a boo-boy already.

Sod that, it's absurd.

Maddix did indeed have a problem with the back pass. Getting intercepted by the opposing forwards. However he learned from his mistakes and cut it out.

As a result he became defensively as good as Parker (but not as fast) and also scored at the other end as well.

Ned has not learned from his mistakes and therefore is not as good a player as Maddix (who cost us nothing) ever was.

Ned is a decent Champ CB. He is just okay. But because Perch and Lynch are so poor, with Hall being injured and Neds respect from his team mates, we think he is better than he is.

He is just okay.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nedam Onouha on 00:16 - Aug 13 with 2760 viewsBrightonhoop

Ned, havin signed a contract declaring he will never make on field mistakes as the last man, needs nailing up. Nail 'im up I say!

2 League Games in and a Cup win.

No point in supporting yer own, yer gotta slate 'em.

From the darkest recesses of Ruislip. Jesus wept.
Nedam Onouha on 01:11 - Aug 13 with 2724 viewsBromleyHoop

Nedam Onouha on 00:16 - Aug 13 by Brightonhoop

Ned, havin signed a contract declaring he will never make on field mistakes as the last man, needs nailing up. Nail 'im up I say!

2 League Games in and a Cup win.

No point in supporting yer own, yer gotta slate 'em.

From the darkest recesses of Ruislip. Jesus wept.

People are entitled to critique any player, even when we're unbeaten in three games. Blind loyalty is always highly questionable.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Nedam Onouha on 05:31 - Aug 13 with 2645 viewsjonno

Nedam Onouha on 21:50 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Played well today, as they all did, in a good performance and acceptable result in a game we all expected to lose. Nothing but positives so far this season.

Agree with that. Watched the game on the live stream and thought we played well. All players at our level will make mistakes, if they didn't they would be playing at the top level. But so will opposing players. Given the doom laden predictions before the season about our tough start we have
taken four points from games against last season's third and fourth placed teams. Good going I reckon.
Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 13 with 2547 viewsPunteR

I've been fairly critical of Onouha on here in the past, but as he took a (considerable?) pay cut he no longer falls into the category of overpaid Hughes signing and is now at a level expected.
I think he's good enough at this level and to top it off he seems to have a heart of gold. I like him.
His captaincy has also been brought into question in the past but i also think that he's growing into that as well.
I basically agree with Bosh's OP.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Nedam Onouha on 08:26 - Aug 13 with 2506 viewsenfieldargh

Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 13 by PunteR

I've been fairly critical of Onouha on here in the past, but as he took a (considerable?) pay cut he no longer falls into the category of overpaid Hughes signing and is now at a level expected.
I think he's good enough at this level and to top it off he seems to have a heart of gold. I like him.
His captaincy has also been brought into question in the past but i also think that he's growing into that as well.
I basically agree with Bosh's OP.

Agree

Frank McLintock would often play under hit back passes to Phil Parkes at least once a game.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nedam Onouha on 10:55 - Aug 13 with 2378 viewsPeterHucker

Did you go to the game?
Onuoha played very well. He made 1 error and they scored. Big deal. He's a solid centre back, our longest serving player and our captain.
Nedam Onouha on 10:59 - Aug 13 with 2367 viewsloftboy

I will see your Ned and raise you a Gus Ceasar. Anyone having the misfortune to see him adorn the hoops are probably still having nightmares.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nedam Onouha on 12:56 - Aug 13 with 2254 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nedam Onouha on 23:41 - Aug 12 by LazyFan

Maddix did indeed have a problem with the back pass. Getting intercepted by the opposing forwards. However he learned from his mistakes and cut it out.

As a result he became defensively as good as Parker (but not as fast) and also scored at the other end as well.

Ned has not learned from his mistakes and therefore is not as good a player as Maddix (who cost us nothing) ever was.

Ned is a decent Champ CB. He is just okay. But because Perch and Lynch are so poor, with Hall being injured and Neds respect from his team mates, we think he is better than he is.

He is just okay.

A lot of truth in that, but unfortunately this just shows how football has gone (and for the worse) Back then a smart operator like Gerry Francis could find an unpolished gem at Spurs, get him on a free and turn him into a very good top flight defender. (Wasn't Crouch also a free transfer both to Spurs as a kid and then back again? Hardly any money anyway) Clive Wilson wasn't exactly a household name either.

You'd struggle to find anyone not a QPR fan (or at a push, Spurs) who remembers Maddix now but that doesn't change the fact that he was a really good solid player and these days he'd probably have banked a couple of million (though I also think she'd probably have plied his trade in the Championship and never got into premiership club, except maybe by playing for someone like Bournemouth and getting promoted) because they'd have bought in some flash bloke from overseas.
Nedam Onouha on 13:08 - Aug 13 with 2235 viewsloftboy

Nedam Onouha on 12:56 - Aug 13 by CiderwithRsie

A lot of truth in that, but unfortunately this just shows how football has gone (and for the worse) Back then a smart operator like Gerry Francis could find an unpolished gem at Spurs, get him on a free and turn him into a very good top flight defender. (Wasn't Crouch also a free transfer both to Spurs as a kid and then back again? Hardly any money anyway) Clive Wilson wasn't exactly a household name either.

You'd struggle to find anyone not a QPR fan (or at a push, Spurs) who remembers Maddix now but that doesn't change the fact that he was a really good solid player and these days he'd probably have banked a couple of million (though I also think she'd probably have plied his trade in the Championship and never got into premiership club, except maybe by playing for someone like Bournemouth and getting promoted) because they'd have bought in some flash bloke from overseas.

Wasn't Danny Madrid signed by Trevor Francis, seemed to remember one of his first games was when we beat Liverpool 3-2 and he had Rush in his back pocket. Apologies if I'm mistaken

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nedam Onouha on 13:22 - Aug 13 with 2220 viewsTheBlob

Nah.Ned is Franz Beckenbauer when compared to Vic Mobley and Ron "straight to Fisher Athletic" Abbott.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Nedam Onouha on 13:40 - Aug 13 with 2199 viewsTacticalR

The highlights of our game vs Manchester City in 1978 are interesting for a couple of reasons: Ernie Howe's defending and Phil Parkes having to pick up the pieces.

Air hostess clique

Nedam Onouha on 14:55 - Aug 13 with 2118 viewssmegma

Nedam Onouha on 13:08 - Aug 13 by loftboy

Wasn't Danny Madrid signed by Trevor Francis, seemed to remember one of his first games was when we beat Liverpool 3-2 and he had Rush in his back pocket. Apologies if I'm mistaken

Maddix was signed by Jim Smith.
Nedam Onouha on 15:35 - Aug 13 with 2064 viewsterryb

Nedam Onouha on 13:22 - Aug 13 by TheBlob

Nah.Ned is Franz Beckenbauer when compared to Vic Mobley and Ron "straight to Fisher Athletic" Abbott.

Absolutely right about the worst centre half ever to have played for Rangers! Victor Bloody Mobley!

A bit unfair on Ron Abbot as he was a centre forward who was converted to be a stand in centre half. I wouldn't have liked to have seen him in the tean on a regular basis though!
Nedam Onouha on 15:49 - Aug 13 with 2039 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nedam Onouha on 14:55 - Aug 13 by smegma

Maddix was signed by Jim Smith.

Yeah, you're right, I was forgetting how long he was with us. I suppose that's another of the things that has changed in football. Of course when he started he more or less crossed over with Terry Fenwick, Gavin Maguire was a first teamer along with Macca and Paul Parker, and later he had Darren Peacock and Andy Tillson in competition too. Those were the days, eh.

(We won't mention Karl Ready because we just don't.)
Nedam Onouha on 15:49 - Aug 13 with 2035 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nedam Onouha on 13:22 - Aug 13 by TheBlob

Hey Blob, good to see you back.
Nedam Onouha on 15:54 - Aug 13 with 2021 viewsBluce_Ree

Nedam Onouha on 19:11 - Aug 12 by DeepcutHoop

I remember even Danny Maddix was prone to a regular error. I'm not having Ned be a boo-boy already.

Sod that, it's absurd.

Danny Maddix was infallible. Like the Pope but better.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Nedam Onouha on 16:06 - Aug 13 with 2003 viewsDorse

Lest we forget: Zesh Rehman, Karl Ready, Chris Plummer.

In between the Macca / Maddix / Parker / Peacock era and the Carlisle / Big Dan axis we had some real dreck. And afterwards. Frankly, we haven't really done CBs very well for quite some time. Even when we spent £12m on one, he was no better than Dunne or Nelson (and both of them were some way past their best)!

The current crop is certainly better than some of the awful sights we have had to witness over the last 20 years. Hall looks a better than average prospect (fitness permitting); Lynch has already shown he can do it at this level (irritatingly, not consistently for us), Ned and Baptiste have been around the block and both have won promotions (even if they don't provoke the Rfosi to paroxysms of joy). As usual, we're not as bad as all that but not as good as we'd like. Sun rise, sun set.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Nedam Onouha on 22:33 - Aug 13 with 1865 viewsqpr1976

Nedam Onouha on 20:17 - Aug 12 by RuislipHoop

I am not digging him out based on today,he is the last of the overpaid big time Charlie's.He has never been the best,I don't remember to many clubs wanting him but I get fed up waiting for the weekly cock up that he produces without fail.

You have him confused with £40k a week Caulker. Ned is on less even though he's a Captain !
And your comment about 70 odd other clubs is purile IMO.
Nedam Onouha on 22:46 - Aug 13 with 1844 viewsqpr1976

Nedam Onouha on 22:46 - Aug 12 by Lblock

Of course we would sell him if anything like a bid of £2m was offered but, do you honestly believe we would spend even 25% of that on a replacement ?
Even that would only buy a Div 2 CB of any worth !
Nedam Onouha on 08:32 - Aug 14 with 1743 viewsEsox_Lucius

So Chief is to be this seasons Carl Henry then? Who's next James Perch? Massimo Luongo? Joel Lynch? Why, oh why do you feel the need for a scapegoat, especially so when things have begun so well? Chief has had 3 very good games to start the season and has made less mistakes than anyone, bar Smithies, yet he is the one everyone dreads starting a game. Pathetic.
Incidentally; it would be nice if the OP learned how to correctly spell the name of the player he is belittling. It is NEDUM ONUOHA.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 8:35]

The grass is always greener.

Nedam Onouha on 08:44 - Aug 14 with 1731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

'Tyrell Forbes, pressure he absorbs'

Reading this thread, that just popped into my noggins. Other than that, our problem at CB is: we have two blokes we don't trust; one we've not seen play; one who has serious head issues; one with serious knee issues and a Yank I've not seen. In the circumstances Ned is Gibraltar...a rock, but will eventually go if a decent off comes in. Until then, cotton wool him.

We've had a lot worse, and he doesn't want for effort.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024