Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just home 23:33 - Aug 16 with 2697 viewsterryb

Only a short post as others will be far better at expressing their views.

I had my ear bent on the way back by a Norwich fan who stated that we were the better side in the first half. I do agree with this assessment, although we were a little short on creativity. Each side had one chance & it looked a certainty that we would be leaving with a point in a goal less game.

The second half started & Lynch won the ball twice with good defending. However, both tiomes he gave the ball straight back to Norwich. So, one goal down & the chances of equalising looked remote. Before their second goal (not closing down the player in pocession) I felt that we did not deserve to lose, but it was hard to argue that at the end of the match.

That we didn't get anything from the game was not due to a lack of effort or care, but more down to our lack of making chances. We were far more competitive though than many a game last season.

I need help in trying to understand what our playing system was. I think it was a back three when Norwich had the ball, but when the ball was with Smithies, Perch moved to a right winger to attempt to win the ball in the air. He was largely sucessful with this!

As expected, we ended the game hitting everything towards the head of Smith. We are not very good at playing that way!

Overall, a disappointing result, but a performance that didn't leave the supporters annoyed.
Just home on 23:44 - Aug 16 with 2635 viewsTearsofrage

Spot on analysis. We were not awful but had little real threat. I sit in a B & B in Norwich like I have done before and I don't despair but choke when I watch our lot concede childish goals - why back off and why cant defenders in possession clear the ball? I won' be home for a while - tragedy is that Jamie can't do it....nor can Conor...so what happens now ?
Just home on 23:58 - Aug 16 with 2578 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That's 2 games in a row that we've conceded just after half time. Very frustrating after a solid first half. Concentration levels need to improve if this is not to become a habit.
Just home on 00:16 - Aug 17 with 2517 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers Terry, from those of us out of the Uk. Sound report.
Just home on 00:21 - Aug 17 with 2509 viewsconnell10

Thanks for the report tel , see if only id started the match thread! See ya saturday mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just home on 00:40 - Aug 17 with 2464 viewsHadders

I only heard it on the radio, but felt less confident the moment Pawel went off. I feel he gives us so much more of a threat and really hope he will be back soon.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 0:41]
Just home on 01:09 - Aug 17 with 2407 viewsstowmarketrange

Can we just get North Korea to develop a nuclear weapon that would reach Norwich?Forget Guam and go for the Norfolk lot instead?
I could deal with the fallout ending at Diss anyway.
Just home on 01:16 - Aug 17 with 2394 viewsBrazilNutR

we looked great first 20 minutes, really took the game to them,.. and then the substitution seemed to change the shape a bit.. and we kind of plodded through the rest of the game, never had the intensity of the first 20 minutes.. never had much creativity, and didn't take the odd chances we had,. Thought Freeman and Scowen had a lot of the ball and played quite well, Luongo was very quiet in comparison. The fron two never had much to work with and certainly didn't create much themselves, Smith coming on meant we went long ball and it didn't improve anything..
Our best chance was probably immediately after the first goal and Freeman came onto a Mackie layoff and he will probably expect to score from that range but put it straight at the keeper.. would have been interesting to see how that may have changed the game..
Our defence always seemed prone to a lapse of concentration.. Ned and Perch both has a couple of moments.. and their first goal was straight from a bad clearance from Lynch
Just home on 07:46 - Aug 17 with 1866 viewsShotKneesHoop

Really good opening, but if we can;t create solid chances from that amount of early pressure, we could be looking at some problems in getting results. I felt the buggest problem was Ned who kept putting others under prressure by not clearing his lines and passsing the ball to others who were in greater danger than he was..

Naarch fand close to booing their mob off the pitch and then injurues changed everything. Lua Lua did a passable impression of SWP and Smith contributed nothing. If we had staye dwith the same formation, things could have been very different. Smug Canary fans going home, but their team has a lot of problenms too,

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Just home on 08:02 - Aug 17 with 1796 viewscaliforniahoop

Just home on 23:44 - Aug 16 by Tearsofrage

Spot on analysis. We were not awful but had little real threat. I sit in a B & B in Norwich like I have done before and I don't despair but choke when I watch our lot concede childish goals - why back off and why cant defenders in possession clear the ball? I won' be home for a while - tragedy is that Jamie can't do it....nor can Conor...so what happens now ?

Thats our problem, not clinical enough up too, other than Sylla who isn't really Ollie type we have no natural finishers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024