Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This still irks me - Wsolek 07:50 - Aug 17 with 5158 viewsdavman

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-explains-hasnt-clue-wszoleks-injury

Yep, he has done brilliantly by all accounts with the language and can now communicate sufficiently under normal circumstances ant yet, in the midst of a game, our staff don't know what is wrong with him.

How much would it cost to get in a polish speaker a) to tutor Pav and the Little Mermaid and b) to be around the place to translate for them? Christ, even ask for a fan who can speak polish and give them a ticket for each game to be on hand.

This is not a Sunday pub team, it is a professional sports club that needs to communicate properly with its staff!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

This still irks me - Wsolek on 07:57 - Aug 17 with 4073 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It does sound like it might not be too bad though at least.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 07:59 - Aug 17 with 4055 viewsLblock

#BlameBrexit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:06 - Aug 17 with 4034 viewsdavman

This still irks me - Wsolek on 07:59 - Aug 17 by Lblock

#BlameBrexit

...have we left yet? Did I miss something?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:16 - Aug 17 with 3985 viewsmakaveli1882

Crazy idea but perhaps he could learn English as he is employed by a English Club in England.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:40 - Aug 17 with 3898 viewsRBlock

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:16 - Aug 17 by makaveli1882

Crazy idea but perhaps he could learn English as he is employed by a English Club in England.

He has been you weapon. He gave an interview in English the other day, his first. When he came to the club he didn't speak any. The club obviously knew this when they bought him. When it comes down to something medical where maybe a slightly more nuanced understanding of the language may be critical, then he should have someone there to translate and act as an interpreter.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:56 - Aug 17 with 3830 viewsrunningman75

I do not see the problem with the club bringing in an interpreter. I am sure there would be an R's fan of Polish origin willing to do the job for a free ticket.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:57 - Aug 17 with 3828 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well, from the interview Holloway was using Borysiuk to translate - he's a Polish speaker, how good's his English? But what he says is that Wszolek was saying that he was alright and wanted to stay on but Holloway correctly said that wanting to stay on isn't the issue. You could have had the same problem with Mackie - wholehearted player, doesn't know when he's beaten.

Shows good attitude from Wszolek and lets hope it means he is not too bad.

I'm more worried that our alternative is Lua Lua. I'd rather it was Furlong but one thing's for sure, we are going to need a good back-up to Wszolek because right now he seems key to the whole system.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:58 - Aug 17 with 3821 viewsmakaveli1882

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:40 - Aug 17 by RBlock

He has been you weapon. He gave an interview in English the other day, his first. When he came to the club he didn't speak any. The club obviously knew this when they bought him. When it comes down to something medical where maybe a slightly more nuanced understanding of the language may be critical, then he should have someone there to translate and act as an interpreter.

You sold me, should we get one for Sylla too?
Login to get fewer ads

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:59 - Aug 17 with 3813 viewsmakaveli1882

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:56 - Aug 17 by runningman75

I do not see the problem with the club bringing in an interpreter. I am sure there would be an R's fan of Polish origin willing to do the job for a free ticket.

That would be perfect if it's free, but it really should be up to any player who arrives to learn the language
This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:04 - Aug 17 with 3782 viewswhittocksRs

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:59 - Aug 17 by makaveli1882

That would be perfect if it's free, but it really should be up to any player who arrives to learn the language

Again, as previous posters have noted, he is. He just isn't fluent yet. How many of us can say "twinged my hamstring" or "pulled my calf muscle" in Polish, Spanish, French or whatever? Glass houses.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 9:38]
This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:06 - Aug 17 with 3765 viewsstevec

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:40 - Aug 17 by RBlock

He injured his weapon? No wonder he didn't want to talk about it.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:12 - Aug 17 with 3728 viewsWatfordR

There are some who might say they haven't got a clue what Olly is on about, even with Birch translating.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:57 - Aug 17 with 3550 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:04 - Aug 17 by whittocksRs

Again, as previous posters have noted, he is. He just isn't fluent yet. How many of us can say "twinged my hamstring" or "pulled my calf muscle" in Polish, Spanish, French or whatever? Glass houses.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 9:38]

How do you say 'glass houses' in Polish?
This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:19 - Aug 17 with 3487 viewseghamranger

This still irks me - Wsolek on 09:57 - Aug 17 by CroydonCaptJack

How do you say 'glass houses' in Polish?

Glassi houseski
This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:24 - Aug 17 with 3462 viewswhittocksRs

This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:19 - Aug 17 by eghamranger

Glassi houseski

Come on, we all know (Google Translate knows) it is "Szklane domy"
This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:26 - Aug 17 with 3451 viewsWatford_Ranger

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:59 - Aug 17 by makaveli1882

Which he's doing, it seems, but it's one thing to know how to ask for directions and another to explain an injury mid-way through a football match.

I bet there's a native Polish fan who would do it for free. Ditto for the French speakers.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:33 - Aug 17 with 3427 viewsaston_hoop

Right I've got it. What about that Polish youth team keeper we have? definitely read that he's Polish but moved to London as a twelve year old or something. He'll be comfortably fluent in both and already at the club. sorted.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:51 - Aug 17 with 3355 viewsderbyhoop

This still irks me - Wsolek on 08:16 - Aug 17 by makaveli1882

I'm holding down a job as an estate agent in France, and while my French is reasonable it's a long way from fluency. So cut the guy some slack.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:55 - Aug 17 with 3329 viewsdaveB

I don't think it's a language issue more that he didn't want to come off so wouldn't tell them what was wrong and as he couldn't run they took him off
This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:58 - Aug 17 with 3311 viewsBirminghamR

Wsunął się na pasek szefa mydła
This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:00 - Aug 17 with 3299 viewsBklynRanger

It sounds like it wasn't all down to the language barrier though. He just couldn't seem to do a very good job of explaining what was wrong with him, which happens. But yeah, doesn't sound massively serious, fingers crossed.
This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:25 - Aug 17 with 3239 viewsaston_hoop

This still irks me - Wsolek on 10:58 - Aug 17 by BirminghamR

Wsunął się na pasek szefa mydła

Bless you

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:34 - Aug 17 with 3193 viewssimmo

Probably more about the fact he didn't want to say he had an injury at all, rather than not being able to talk about what it was. Let's be honest there's not really a muscle injury you can't translate to a fckin physio by pointing.

Nothing comment taken out of context but unnecessary for Holloway to go into that much detail, just say you're not sure!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:35 - Aug 17 with 3191 views18StoneOfHoop

This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:25 - Aug 17 by aston_hoop

Bless you

[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 11:36]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:42 - Aug 17 with 3171 viewsBirminghamR

This still irks me - Wsolek on 11:25 - Aug 17 by aston_hoop

Bless you

Aston in Birmingham by any chance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024