Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers That Nearly Happened 14:29 - Aug 20 with 2949 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No mention of Baggio to QPR, I see.

Who were the other players that Rangers nearly signed but inexplicably didn't?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/jun/05/joy-of-six-transfers-never-we

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:05 - Aug 20 with 2905 viewsRs_Holy

I remember super Ray telling the story of how he nearly signed Gazza on loan in 96... we ended up with Hateley on a permanent and the rest as they say...
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:09 - Aug 20 with 2897 views2Thomas2Bowles

Was gutted we did not get Ronaldinho

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 2866 viewsgordanoR

I seem to remember us rejecting Paolo Wanchope
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:50 - Aug 20 with 2833 viewsTacticalR

Ned Zelić - the transfer that happened but felt as though it hadn't happened.

Air hostess clique

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:54 - Aug 20 with 2817 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We were very close to signing Kevin Keegan in 1971. Uncle Jim refusing to budge on the fee wanted by Scunny, which LFC snapped him up for.

The one I knew was a disaster, was our failed attempt at signing Ray Houghton from Fulham in 1985. No one needs reminding what happened several months later.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 16:35 - Aug 20 with 2755 viewsloftboy

Maradonna, or am I hallucinating !!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 2747 viewsToast_R

Ian Bishop from Wet Spammerz. Him and Peacock would have looked a right pair.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 17:56 - Aug 20 with 2648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:05 - Aug 20 by Rs_Holy

I remember super Ray telling the story of how he nearly signed Gazza on loan in 96... we ended up with Hateley on a permanent and the rest as they say...

Don't think I've ever heard that one. Wow.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 17:58 - Aug 20 with 2647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 15:54 - Aug 20 by PlanetHonneywood

We were very close to signing Kevin Keegan in 1971. Uncle Jim refusing to budge on the fee wanted by Scunny, which LFC snapped him up for.

The one I knew was a disaster, was our failed attempt at signing Ray Houghton from Fulham in 1985. No one needs reminding what happened several months later.

Or that one! But if we signed Keegan would we have signed our Stan?

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 2594 viewsCamberleyR

Peter Odemwingie (in a dinghy).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 18:29 - Aug 20 with 2585 viewsloftboy

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 18:26 - Aug 20 by CamberleyR

Peter Odemwingie (in a dinghy).

Is that a roundabout way of saying you watch that new Len what's his name rhyming programme I saw advertised!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 2573 viewsCamberleyR

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 18:29 - Aug 20 by loftboy

Is that a roundabout way of saying you watch that new Len what's his name rhyming programme I saw advertised!!

No, as if It was a reference to that thread a while back that had footballers hosting unlikely telly shows (Peter Crouch On The Couch etc)

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 19:26 - Aug 20 with 2495 viewssmegma

Ched Evans. Some bellend even went so far as to say he'd seen him at Loftus Road and saw him board a coach for an away game. Used to blow his own trumpet a lot, or bang his own drum even. Doesn't even go anymore.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 19:29 - Aug 20 with 2491 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I once heard that we let youth team players Stuart Pearce and John Barnes go in the same week, Pearce because we didn't rate him and Barnes because he wanted more money than we'd give him.

I've no idea if either is true.

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 19:50 - Aug 20 with 2450 viewssmegma

According to JBs autobiography, he had trials with us then the season ended. No one from QPR kept in contact with him during preseason. When July came around, he continued training with Sudbury Court . A Watford /Sudbury Court fan saw him play, contacted Watford and they sent a scout to the next game. During that game, the Watford scout asked him not to play in the second half and sign for Watford instead. Which he did.

John claimed to be a QPR fan but he used to go to Fulham Broadway with class mates who supported some pikey outfit.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 19:52 - Aug 20 with 2447 viewsTripleR

I had heard that we had a chance of signing Liam Brady in his younger days, as his brothers Pat and Ray Brady played for the hoops in the sixties, maybe some of our more mature readers (ahem!) would have knowledge of this.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 20:41 - Aug 20 with 2367 viewscaliforniahoop

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 19:52 - Aug 20 by TripleR

I had heard that we had a chance of signing Liam Brady in his younger days, as his brothers Pat and Ray Brady played for the hoops in the sixties, maybe some of our more mature readers (ahem!) would have knowledge of this.

Noooo, that's a killer if true, I vaguely remember something about him having family connections, player and a half that man
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 2355 viewsCiderwithRsie

Does anyone else remember speculation in the Standard that we were in for Lineker when he was going to come back from Barcelona. I don't think it got beyond the journalist's imagination.

I remember when we signed Colin Clarke that Dave Thomas in AKUTRs welcomed the signing but said he wished we'd pushed the boat out and bought Le Tissier instead or as well. I don't think that one existed anywhere other than Dave's imagination either but it seemed a decent idea at the time and only got better with every passing day. Still does in fact.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 22:37 - Aug 20 with 2243 viewsRangersw12

Ambrose from Palace
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 2220 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Zlatan didn't like the coaching staff

And way back when Trevor Brooking was trying to establish himself as a first team player, we tried to get him away from West Ham.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 23:17 - Aug 20 with 2206 viewsCiderwithRsie

Transfers That Nearly Happened on 20:41 - Aug 20 by californiahoop

Noooo, that's a killer if true, I vaguely remember something about him having family connections, player and a half that man

OK, I'm pissed off now, I'd have loved Chipper to have been one of ours, always thought he was absolutely bloody wasted on Arsenal.

(Looking him up, you're right about the family connection, his brother made 62 appearances for us having signed for Alec Stock - I never knew that!)

TBF he was a regular at Arsenal at the time that Gerry was running our midfield. Given that we couldn't fit Venables and Francis into the same side I have to say it would be doubtful if we could have accommodated Brady, but he was still in his late teens then, it would have been great if we'd had him in the U-21s and then been able to bring him into the side about 1976-7 - we'd probably have never been relegated, what with Clive Allen making his debut - or if we had been we'd have come straight back up.
Transfers That Nearly Happened on 08:24 - Aug 21 with 2050 viewspaulparker

Mickey Hazard back in 87 almost signed and sealed before captain birdseye stuck his orr in , BTW what a signing that would have been
John Humphries & Paul Williams back in 1990 was a double deal all but done before Charlton wanted more money , a bit gutting as they were very good players , in saying that a few months later we had Wegerle and a bit later on Bardsley would follow

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024