Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every year I say the same thing... 21:54 - Aug 22 with 3199 viewsozexile

You would think just once we may actually have a go and actually try and achieve something. Just maybe give the supporters a cause for optimism.
We only enter 3 competitions and throw 2 of those away each year. You can't pick and choose the matches that you want to give 100% effort in. It sends the wrong message to the players. Thanks Rangers I have many Brentford mates and can't wait to see what they have to say.
Every year I say the same thing... on 21:58 - Aug 22 with 2351 viewsessextaxiboy

Why do you care what they say ?

Its a decent competition devalued (IMO) by the sponsors and the Football League this year and we are well out of it .

I still have plenty of optimism , we have made a great start .
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:00 - Aug 22 with 2340 viewsozexile

You don't mind Brentford turning us over 4-1 at home?
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:01 - Aug 22 with 2332 viewsbosh67

I have to say that every year we put out a sacrificial side that hasn't had any time to bond or train in this competition and there can be all the excuses in the world but it cheats the fans and it cripples the squad confidence.

Regardless of injuries you always put out your best side.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:03 - Aug 22 with 2313 viewsozexile

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:01 - Aug 22 by bosh67

I have to say that every year we put out a sacrificial side that hasn't had any time to bond or train in this competition and there can be all the excuses in the world but it cheats the fans and it cripples the squad confidence.

Glad it's not just me who feels that way.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:06 - Aug 22 with 2287 viewsessextaxiboy

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:01 - Aug 22 by bosh67

Sorry mate I dont agree , when you are playing twice a week in the main competition you have to prioritise .
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:06 - Aug 22 with 2284 viewsspencer

So, we have never won the FA CUP.....not likely to win the Championship, leaving the only possibility of any sort of glory, would be a decent run a a cup competition, albeit, slightly devalued.

A good start to the season with good feelings on and off the pitch, possibly jeopardised by fielding a weaker, inexperienced "team"

They wonder why not many people turn out for these matches....

Can players no longer manage to play twice a week ? They are paid more yet the physical side appears to be less.

Sorry , but footballers nowadays are just pussies ....
Fans are treated like muppets by the club and are then mocked by the manager for having their say.

I just hope that the team spirit is not dented to much for this weekends ....easy visit to cardiff.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:08 - Aug 22 with 2265 viewsspencer

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:06 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

Sorry mate I dont agree , when you are playing twice a week in the main competition you have to prioritise .

Twice a week..sorry mate, they are only playing football not conquering the world ..
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:10 - Aug 22 with 2241 viewsessextaxiboy

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:08 - Aug 22 by spencer

Twice a week..sorry mate, they are only playing football not conquering the world ..

Does everybody else play their first choice 11 then if its so easy ?
Login to get fewer ads

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:11 - Aug 22 with 2223 viewsbosh67

Really? Because Brentford didn't seem to come into this game with that mentality and they have a weaker squad than we do and have had a much worse league start!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:12 - Aug 22 with 2217 viewsozexile

What I don't understand is there's 91 other league clubs who don't have this continual problem. Brentford are bottom of the league yet still put a team out capable of whipping us. We never cause an upset.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:14 - Aug 22 with 2197 viewsDejR_vu

We didn't just lose, we've been bummed, by Brentford, at home, within 32 minutes. There's prioritising and there's embarrassing yourselves.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:14 - Aug 22 with 2196 viewsessextaxiboy

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:11 - Aug 22 by bosh67

Really? Because Brentford didn't seem to come into this game with that mentality and they have a weaker squad than we do and have had a much worse league start!

Because he needs to get them going , a win to break the cycle and build some momentum . Our start means we have that .

Would you swap their position Cup and League with ours tonight ?

Personally I would not .......
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:15 - Aug 22 with 2187 viewsozexile

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:14 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

Because he needs to get them going , a win to break the cycle and build some momentum . Our start means we have that .

Would you swap their position Cup and League with ours tonight ?

Personally I would not .......

Why can't it be both?
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:16 - Aug 22 with 2181 viewsCiderwithRsie

This I agree with. Realistically if we put out the same XI every match they'd be knackered. Its a squad game these days.

My problem is that I think that team ought to be decent. We're not talking about losing a game, stuff happens; we're talking about getting turned over 4-1 at home to a side who are struggling in the League (and who happen to be local rivals of ours in case a bit of motivation is needed.) And people at the game posting on here at half time that it could have been a lot worse.

There's prioritisation and there's surrendering.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:16 - Aug 22 with 2180 viewsspencer

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:10 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

Does everybody else play their first choice 11 then if its so easy ?

No they don't.But thats what we have come to in football now. All that money and they can just about muster 1 game a week ? Really....

If we come back and get a result against Cardiff( Draw) i will come back and apologies, but i expect that Cardiff will;l turn us over (IMO)

I think Brentford made about 8-9 changes.....but their second string was better than ours...which actually towards end included some first teamers.

If you are happy with that and would pay money to go and watch that, fair play.....I am more than happy with our start, but would have liked to see us progress in the only comp we have ever one...Maybe half and half team of pussies
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:16 - Aug 22 with 2177 viewsStanisgod

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:06 - Aug 22 by spencer

So, we have never won the FA CUP.....not likely to win the Championship, leaving the only possibility of any sort of glory, would be a decent run a a cup competition, albeit, slightly devalued.

A good start to the season with good feelings on and off the pitch, possibly jeopardised by fielding a weaker, inexperienced "team"

They wonder why not many people turn out for these matches....

Can players no longer manage to play twice a week ? They are paid more yet the physical side appears to be less.

Sorry , but footballers nowadays are just pussies ....
Fans are treated like muppets by the club and are then mocked by the manager for having their say.

I just hope that the team spirit is not dented to much for this weekends ....easy visit to cardiff.

Team spirit shouldnt be affected as almost none of that team will play Saturday.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:17 - Aug 22 with 2176 viewsted_hendrix

I could just about take a 1-0 or 2-0 loss at home, (just about), but 4-1 at home is totally unacceptable by any standards, more so when It's your nearest and dearest.
There is no excuse for that result, It's like a smack in the kisser.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:20 - Aug 22 with 2140 viewsspencer

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:16 - Aug 22 by Stanisgod

Team spirit shouldnt be affected as almost none of that team will play Saturday.

Stanisgod - but i have been told it is a squad game - so all the players will be back in training, knowing that they have been thrashed at home....by our rivals.....preparing for a game at weekend that will maybe exert a little more pressure on the first 11 to perform a little better.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:21 - Aug 22 with 2125 viewsessextaxiboy

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:12 - Aug 22 by ozexile

What I don't understand is there's 91 other league clubs who don't have this continual problem. Brentford are bottom of the league yet still put a team out capable of whipping us. We never cause an upset.

Sorry , in this competition every year there are teams in top form or in the top divisions who get beaten by teams below them .
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 with 2089 viewsactonman

Trouble is we have put out our first team in recent years and still got bummed ?

Different managers different approaches and all end the same way. No wonder no fker goes to cup games anymore. There was a time I would be p!ssed off for days but now im not even surprised or upset and that's what annoys me more... I'm p!ssed off that I'm not p!ssed off

I can't comment on tonight's performance but conceding 4 goals against a local rival at home would be understandable if it was the blue cnts down the road but Brentford ffs

2nd string team or not, our defence consisted of a high profile 60k a week player who has recently been on loan at Southampton and Liverpool along with a new signing who will be a regular in our first team.
Also furlong , who has played for us in the premier league and most fans moan like fcuk when he doesn't get picked along with borysiuk who again should be in contention for the 1st team

Sh!thouses the lot
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 with 2087 viewsozexile

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:21 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

Sorry , in this competition every year there are teams in top form or in the top divisions who get beaten by teams below them .

You're correct. But, not the same teams every year, except us. 20 odd years now.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 with 2081 viewsspencer

So, wouldn't it be a good idea maybe....to try and jump on this situation ? If the others are playing weakened teams, we play our strongest and try to advance as much as possible.

Between now and Christmas we have 5 Tuesday games....What are we going to do then? Play our strongest...or field our weakest because our players can't perform?

Sorry 5 games...6 games ...not sure what one game /two games extra will do to their fragile bodies.
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 with 2081 viewsFredManRave

Cardiff 1 - 2 Burton.....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:32 - Aug 22 with 2023 viewsessextaxiboy

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 by spencer

So, wouldn't it be a good idea maybe....to try and jump on this situation ? If the others are playing weakened teams, we play our strongest and try to advance as much as possible.

Between now and Christmas we have 5 Tuesday games....What are we going to do then? Play our strongest...or field our weakest because our players can't perform?

Sorry 5 games...6 games ...not sure what one game /two games extra will do to their fragile bodies.

We will play the best team available , but dont be surprised if some fall away because they pick up injuries and cant recover in time or the Management consider them not recovered .
Every year I say the same thing... on 22:34 - Aug 22 with 2002 viewsspencer

Every year I say the same thing... on 22:26 - Aug 22 by FredManRave

Cardiff 1 - 2 Burton.....

Indeed -11 changes...Poor loves,must be tired.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024