Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayweather v McGregor 12:52 - Aug 24 with 9260 viewsDrewster

Please reassure me that I'm not the only person looking at this and thinking this is all completely fixed, and is purely a money making train for Sky, etc.
These 2 are playing up for the cameras and then laughing at the gullible public who are funding their $100m each purses.
Freak show.
Mind you, that blonde sort at yesterday press conference was a bit of alright.
Mayweather v McGregor on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 6016 viewsingeminate

It's a complete miss-match. I've been unsuccessfully pleading with my better half that we should use our savings to lump big on Mayweather - as close to free money as you'll ever see.

For extra value look at a mayweather/jack/Davis triple 4k gets you a profit on 2.5k on betfair

All three are shoe-ins IMO.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mayweather v McGregor on 13:38 - Aug 24 with 5982 viewspaulparker

an ex boxer fighting a bloke who has never boxed before , how gullible are the general public to buy this old sh1t
mayweather will jab him for 3 rounds until the irish fella loses his rag he will kick him, both corners will get involved in a mass brawl , everyone gets disqualified and we all go again for the sequel

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 5935 viewsMick_S

Frankie Boyle
✔
@frankieboyle

It's about time we found out whether a non boxer can beat the world's best boxer at boxing

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 5930 viewsMick_S

And:

Frankie Boyle
✔
@frankieboyle

Don't get me wrong, I think someone trying to beat possibly history's best defensive boxer purely by being a mad c unt is actually beautiful

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 5923 viewsRs_Holy

The way McGregor has treated Pauli Magliani shows a total lack of class.
I dont like Mayweather that much but you have to respect his skill at not being hit.
I hope McGregor gets beaten up in a couple of rounds!
Edit - Why would Mayweather agree to fighting in a fixed fight? If he is supposed to lose he is no longer unbeaten... He surely wouldnt go into a fixed fight (as the winner) as he definatley should win anyway.
The whole thing is a bit of a freak show but I dont think its fixed.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:28]
Mayweather v McGregor on 14:35 - Aug 24 with 5820 viewsSimonJames

These gladiatorial contests are put on only because they are willing to pay for it.
Of course it's a nonsense, but they're all hoping to see another David vs Goliath? It would be a ten times bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson.

But since Mayweather will go straight back into retirement after this, he has no need to turn things into a long spectacle.
McGregor's only hope is to come out like a berserker; so I suspect Mayweather will open his face up and TKO him in about 4 rounds.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:18 - Aug 24 with 5755 viewsrobith

Got to respect McGregor purely because he has managed to essentially talk his way into a fight with the greatest boxer of all time for the biggest ever purse. That's some gassing skill.

I couldn't really care less tbh, Mayweather will just grind him down, and McGregor's early charm seems like a lifetime ago to the absolute belter he is.

But overall this is very damaging for boxing right? It's increasingly a niche sport, and there's no scenario bar Mayweather knocking him out in 10 seconds which doesn't look suuuuuuuuuuuuuper bad for the sport.

Mayweather also keep drifting cos eejits are backing McGregor, who I believe is injured. Waiting to see how big he gets to find out if I can be bothered to back him
Mayweather v McGregor on 15:20 - Aug 24 with 5748 viewsBoston

I won't be watching, trying to decide whether to rotate the car tyres or dead head my magnolias.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:25 - Aug 24 with 5742 viewsrobith

On another note - this piece on tracking down a boxer who sparred with Mayweather is absolutely stunning

http://www.the42.ie/robert-gorman-3550758-Aug2017/
Mayweather v McGregor on 15:34 - Aug 24 with 5720 viewstraininvain

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:18 - Aug 24 by robith

Got to respect McGregor purely because he has managed to essentially talk his way into a fight with the greatest boxer of all time for the biggest ever purse. That's some gassing skill.

I couldn't really care less tbh, Mayweather will just grind him down, and McGregor's early charm seems like a lifetime ago to the absolute belter he is.

But overall this is very damaging for boxing right? It's increasingly a niche sport, and there's no scenario bar Mayweather knocking him out in 10 seconds which doesn't look suuuuuuuuuuuuuper bad for the sport.

Mayweather also keep drifting cos eejits are backing McGregor, who I believe is injured. Waiting to see how big he gets to find out if I can be bothered to back him

Mayweather's good but I wouldn't go as far as 'greatest boxer of all time'.
Mayweather v McGregor on 16:02 - Aug 24 with 5669 viewsdaveB

It's like when Rocky fought Thunderlips in Rocky 3. An absolute car crash but I'm still going to end up watching it
Mayweather v McGregor on 16:15 - Aug 24 with 5639 viewsrobith

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:34 - Aug 24 by traininvain

Mayweather's good but I wouldn't go as far as 'greatest boxer of all time'.

Yes, probably should have put your quotation marks around it actually to make the point better - was more about the perception and how Conor has basically garryed his way into this
Mayweather v McGregor on 16:23 - Aug 24 with 5617 viewstraininvain

Mayweather v McGregor on 16:15 - Aug 24 by robith

Yes, probably should have put your quotation marks around it actually to make the point better - was more about the perception and how Conor has basically garryed his way into this

Fair enough. Good article btw. Thanks for sharing.
Mayweather v McGregor on 16:28 - Aug 24 with 5592 viewsdanehoop

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:25 - Aug 24 by robith

On another note - this piece on tracking down a boxer who sparred with Mayweather is absolutely stunning

http://www.the42.ie/robert-gorman-3550758-Aug2017/

That was a really enjoyable and uplifting article.

Never knowingly understood

Mayweather v McGregor on 16:33 - Aug 24 with 5579 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's a work.

Bare bones.

Mayweather v McGregor on 16:53 - Aug 24 with 5530 viewsmakaveli1882

Remove from Bet Slip
Floyd Mayweather to Win by TKO/KO In Rounds 1-4
Price Boosts — Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor
6/1 sky bet
Mayweather v McGregor on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 5438 viewsBluce_Ree

As a big MMA fan, I'm very familiar with Conor's abilities and have watched all of the interviews, press conferences et al. Initially I thought that Mayweather would have the easiest fight ever but Conor's ridiculous confidence makes me wonder.

If it was a fix, Mayweather would have to win because he's not giving up that unbeaten record. But I can't imagine Conor's ego letting him take a dive.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Mayweather v McGregor on 18:54 - Aug 24 with 5363 viewsDWQPR

Mayweather v McGregor on 16:15 - Aug 24 by robith

Fûck me, apart from running the box office single-handedly is there no limit to Conor's abilities?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mayweather v McGregor on 19:11 - Aug 24 with 5349 viewsDorse

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:35 - Aug 24 by SimonJames

These gladiatorial contests are put on only because they are willing to pay for it.
Of course it's a nonsense, but they're all hoping to see another David vs Goliath? It would be a ten times bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson.

But since Mayweather will go straight back into retirement after this, he has no need to turn things into a long spectacle.
McGregor's only hope is to come out like a berserker; so I suspect Mayweather will open his face up and TKO him in about 4 rounds.

To be fair, David did score an illegal knockdown in the first by using a slingshot.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mayweather v McGregor on 19:37 - Aug 24 with 5320 viewsBluce_Ree

Mayweather v McGregor on 18:54 - Aug 24 by DWQPR

Fûck me, apart from running the box office single-handedly is there no limit to Conor's abilities?

His career has been ridiculous.

After a bunch of pro fights he gets in the UFC and this is how it all went down.

1. Beats Marcus Brimage who at the time looked like a good prospect. Makes incredibly light work of him with a first round KO.

2. Beats Max Holloway by decision. Things to note: he tore his ACL in the first round and still won. Holloway went unbeaten since then and is now the 145lb champion which makes this win look particularly impressive.

At this point Conor did a bit of media and talked about his rehab. It was this period where he started getting notoriety outside of Ireland. So by the time his next fight came around he was a big star.

3. Beats Diego Brandao. Headlined the card in Dublin. Huge coverage for the fight. Admittedly Diego already had a pretty salty record with plenty of losses. Conor called it though. 1st round KO.

4. Dustin Poirier. Conor's first really big test. Dustin had a 16-3 record. Very well-rounded fight. Conor predicted the 1st round KO and delivers within two minutes.

5. Denis Siver. German guy with good kicks. Pretty much past it. At this point folks are moaning that Conor is being spoonfed cans and that his wrestling is suspect.

6. Chad Mendes. 17-2 record. Elite level wrestling. His only two defeats came from Jose Aldo who was undefeated in the last ten years. I believe this involved a late change of opponent so Conor would have been a little unprepared as he wasn't expecting to face a wrestler. That said, Chad wouldn't have been in tip top shape. Conor gets wrestled for most of the first two rounds but comes back a KOs Chad late in the second. Amazing win.

7. Conor faces Jose Aldo. 25-1 record. Unbeaten in ten years. The only 145lb champ the UFC had ever had. KOs Aldo in 13 seconds.

8. Goes up in weight to fight Nate Diaz at 170lbs. Gets tired, gets stunned on the feet, shoots a ridiculously stupid takedown, Diaz goes through his guard like a hot knife in butter and chokes him out.

9. Conor demands the rematch. Also demands it happens at 170lbs even though he's undersized for that weight. Wins the rematch. Admittedly, Diaz isn't really a 170lb-er either but whatever.

10. Fights Eddie Alvarez for the 155lb belt. KOs him with a beautiful combination in the second. Alvarez at this point had looked really good. 28-4 record. Absolutely destroyed the guy he won the belt from.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Mayweather v McGregor on 21:20 - Aug 24 with 5218 viewskensalriser

I wonder what's behind this $700 million match?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mayweather v McGregor on 22:40 - Aug 24 with 5132 viewsDesertBoot

Expect an "unlucky" end to the fight - a stray elbow or clash of heads. Rematch

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mayweather v McGregor on 00:02 - Aug 25 with 5072 viewssmegma

Mayweather v McGregor on 22:40 - Aug 24 by DesertBoot

Expect an "unlucky" end to the fight - a stray elbow or clash of heads. Rematch

Whatever happens I bet it's a million times better than most MMA contests where they spend most of the time cuddling each other on the floor for all bar the first minute. Utter gash. All very homo erotic.
Mayweather v McGregor on 00:12 - Aug 25 with 5066 viewsFredManRave

Mayweather v McGregor on 00:02 - Aug 25 by smegma

Whatever happens I bet it's a million times better than most MMA contests where they spend most of the time cuddling each other on the floor for all bar the first minute. Utter gash. All very homo erotic.

Bluce will be along shortly...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mayweather v McGregor on 01:12 - Aug 25 with 5042 viewstimcocking

What a disgusting farce it all is, makes you feel ashamed to be a human. God should show himself and thunderbolt both of the @@@@s.

Ahem, looking forward to watching it though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024