Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowan Vine 07:34 - Aug 26 with 4603 viewsbeanofire1

Remember him?

Now playing for Hayes & Yeading in the Evostik League South. Missed a penalty on his debut.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 7:36]

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Rowan Vine on 08:17 - Aug 26 with 4537 viewssmegma

Must've just joined as I saw them when they played at their new ground at last 3 weeks ago and he wasn't even mentioned in the programme. They also have our ex under 23 centre back Harley Wise after we released him in the summer.
Rowan Vine on 08:57 - Aug 26 with 4474 viewsstuabd

When he was good, I used to like his little run and cut inside plus shot. I think that was his game.

Didn't he unwisely do something on twitter where he was showing off about how much cash he had. It's hard to be sure as a few players like this nowadays.
Rowan Vine on 10:04 - Aug 26 with 4371 viewsLblock

Lighting cigars with 50 dollar notes in Vegas and abusing fans at the POTY do isn't going to endear you to fans

Shakes as I used to enjoy watching him, His gan and Buzz and the time
Rowan is quite bitter at the club about his rehabilitation from the leg break and I'll admit getting taken to hospital in the boot of an estate car is a bit much.

However the club didn't divorce him and take his money, the club didn't force his lifestyle choices on him and the club didn't make him a big time "Charlie". It's a sad demise and nothing to "sniff" at.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rowan Vine on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 4337 viewsparker64

Rowan Vine on 10:04 - Aug 26 by Lblock

Lighting cigars with 50 dollar notes in Vegas and abusing fans at the POTY do isn't going to endear you to fans

Shakes as I used to enjoy watching him, His gan and Buzz and the time
Rowan is quite bitter at the club about his rehabilitation from the leg break and I'll admit getting taken to hospital in the boot of an estate car is a bit much.

However the club didn't divorce him and take his money, the club didn't force his lifestyle choices on him and the club didn't make him a big time "Charlie". It's a sad demise and nothing to "sniff" at.

I read somewhere the background to the leg break was Vine taking the mick out of the keeper who I think was on trial or loan? Might be nonsense of course. I used to like watching him too.

It's surprising who pops up in non-league. At least he's still giving it a go. Saw Scott Donnelly a few seasons back playing for Havant.
Rowan Vine on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 4315 viewsFearless

Rowan Vine on 10:28 - Aug 26 by parker64

I read somewhere the background to the leg break was Vine taking the mick out of the keeper who I think was on trial or loan? Might be nonsense of course. I used to like watching him too.

It's surprising who pops up in non-league. At least he's still giving it a go. Saw Scott Donnelly a few seasons back playing for Havant.

Matt "slim" Pickens I think - heard the same story
Rowan Vine on 02:20 - Aug 27 with 3999 viewsWindsorHoopMan

What happened to Hogan Eph (I can't even attempt to spell his surname)?
Rowan Vine on 05:06 - Aug 27 with 3946 viewsJAPRANGERS

How much a week can you make playing for these lower level teams I wonder?? Must be a huge contrast for Vine compared to "the good old days"??
Rowan Vine on 06:18 - Aug 27 with 3924 viewsHayesender

Saw H&Y a few weeks ago v Aylesbury with about 200 other souls.

How old is Vine Now?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Rowan Vine on 06:43 - Aug 27 with 3901 viewsRoller

Rowan Vine on 02:20 - Aug 27 by WindsorHoopMan

What happened to Hogan Eph (I can't even attempt to spell his surname)?

After a brief spell with Wycombe, Ephraim signed for Whitehawk in the National League South, whose name is vaguely familiar because they reached the second round of the FA Cup a couple of years ago.
Rowan Vine on 14:59 - Aug 27 with 3605 viewssmegma

Rowan Vine on 06:18 - Aug 27 by Hayesender

Saw H&Y a few weeks ago v Aylesbury with about 200 other souls.

How old is Vine Now?

That's the game I was at.
Rowan Vine on 15:36 - Aug 27 with 3570 viewsJAPRANGERS

Rowan Vine on 14:59 - Aug 27 by smegma

That's the game I was at.

Surely 1 of you shouted out " YOU RRRRRSSSSS" so that you could recognize a kindred soul in the other??
Rowan Vine on 15:47 - Aug 27 with 3549 viewsHayesender

Rowan Vine on 15:36 - Aug 27 by JAPRANGERS

Surely 1 of you shouted out " YOU RRRRRSSSSS" so that you could recognize a kindred soul in the other??

I wouldn't have spotted him in the crowd 😂.

You haven't got QPR tatoos on both your calfs have you smeg?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rowan Vine on 19:44 - Aug 27 with 3424 viewssmegma

Rowan Vine on 15:47 - Aug 27 by Hayesender

I wouldn't have spotted him in the crowd 😂.

You haven't got QPR tatoos on both your calfs have you smeg?

Too much of a wimp for tats. Or piercings. Or blood tests !!!
Rowan Vine on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 3087 viewsNorthernr

Rowan Vine on 06:43 - Aug 27 by Roller

After a brief spell with Wycombe, Ephraim signed for Whitehawk in the National League South, whose name is vaguely familiar because they reached the second round of the FA Cup a couple of years ago.

I was on the podcast the night they had Ephraim on. He was an interesting/slightly depressing guy to meet. Bright, knew and loved his football, quite eloquent. Said he'd had offers from Rochdale, Accrington and a few others post Wycombe but was well set financially after his time with us so didn't need the money and did he really want to go to the other end of the country to play for Accrington or Rochdale? So he'd basically retired at that stage, played small sided football with his north London mates, did his podcast and that was about it. I mean it was refreshing honesty, but a bit depressing that the hunger to play professionally that he would have had at 17/18 wasn't there, and that somebody who was little more than a bit part player for us over five years made so much money from it he could basically retuired at 27.

Vine always seemed like a knobhead to me, but he was a great player at this level before his injury and it was a real shame for him and us what happened.
Rowan Vine on 16:54 - Aug 31 with 2845 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Rowan Vine on 09:54 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I was on the podcast the night they had Ephraim on. He was an interesting/slightly depressing guy to meet. Bright, knew and loved his football, quite eloquent. Said he'd had offers from Rochdale, Accrington and a few others post Wycombe but was well set financially after his time with us so didn't need the money and did he really want to go to the other end of the country to play for Accrington or Rochdale? So he'd basically retired at that stage, played small sided football with his north London mates, did his podcast and that was about it. I mean it was refreshing honesty, but a bit depressing that the hunger to play professionally that he would have had at 17/18 wasn't there, and that somebody who was little more than a bit part player for us over five years made so much money from it he could basically retuired at 27.

Vine always seemed like a knobhead to me, but he was a great player at this level before his injury and it was a real shame for him and us what happened.

Loved the rant that Hogan had on The 4 Year Plan. Something along the lines of FFS we lost on Saturday to Chesterfield or Scunthorpe or some other site side that I'm not 100% sure of. Then said that's unacceptable and embarrassing. And you know what? He was right!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024