Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Watch The State on Chan 4? 00:25 - Aug 30 with 1155 viewsToast_R

Just caught up with it on catch up. Not sure what to think of it really. Interesting to a degree but not quite as good a watch as the traler looked.

Pretty grusome in a few scenes, controversial no doubt. Does try to make the viewer feel sympathy for these tw@ts that travel out there and later realise it's all just unhinged brutality and in comparison the UK isnt the evil land of the kafir afterall.
Anyone Watch The State on Chan 4? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 1005 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes I watched it. Would like to know about the research for it. How much of it was fact, fiction based on fact, and total fiction?
Anyone Watch The State on Chan 4? on 20:44 - Aug 30 with 864 viewsHantsR

I was quite gripped by it. It all seemed very plausible and frightening as a result. Probably based on a lot of reported stories e.g. surely that was Jihadi John being portrayed? I found myself feeling quite involved and sympathetic with the recruits and of course, couldn't help but think how naive and foolish they were, but what a harsh lesson in their different fates?. I reflected that it could almost be propoganda aimed at young people being groomed for martyrdom or slavery. I had a small hope that it might help understand if at all possible, the reasons for the conflict and rise of ISIS from the other side, but there was little shown that justified their medieval barbarity, cruelty and apparent capricious interpretation of the Koran. Some good acting, realistic production design and apart from a few inconsistencies and forced coincidence, a programme that provided much food for thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024