Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FC Koln 15:41 - Sep 14 with 11767 viewsFDC

Check this lot out!

FC Koln on 20:50 - Sep 14 with 2705 viewsBoston

FC Koln on 20:30 - Sep 14 by MrSheen

I like it when people in one country decide they're going to make up their own names for places in another. The French call Mainz Mayence, we call Venezia Venice, but the Germans call it Venedig. The Spanish call Stockholm Estocolmo.

Nobody calls a spade a spade anymore.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FC Koln on 20:56 - Sep 14 with 2679 viewsdanehoop

I suspect the game maybe postponed on safety grounds at the moment.

Never knowingly understood

FC Koln on 20:57 - Sep 14 with 2675 viewssmegma

FC Koln on 19:18 - Sep 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

On an embarrassing side note, I thought Koln and Cologne were two seperate places until last year.

Koln is near Munchen and Cologne is near Munich.
FC Koln on 21:00 - Sep 14 with 2651 viewsenfieldargh

FC Koln on 20:30 - Sep 14 by MrSheen

I like it when people in one country decide they're going to make up their own names for places in another. The French call Mainz Mayence, we call Venezia Venice, but the Germans call it Venedig. The Spanish call Stockholm Estocolmo.

Most of us on here call Chelsea a shuthole

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

FC Koln on 21:05 - Sep 14 with 2623 viewsMrSheen

Farrk, that Koln kit is vile. Light grey shirt with a yellow tinge, luminous yellow shorts and socks.

Great noise, to be fair.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 21:07]
FC Koln on 21:15 - Sep 14 with 2581 viewsMrSheen

What a goal for Koln! 40m out.
FC Koln on 21:15 - Sep 14 with 2580 viewsLythamR

FC Koln on 21:05 - Sep 14 by MrSheen

Farrk, that Koln kit is vile. Light grey shirt with a yellow tinge, luminous yellow shorts and socks.

Great noise, to be fair.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 21:07]

nice goal for them to celebrate as well
FC Koln on 21:19 - Sep 14 with 2557 viewsbosh67

Would love to know the mentality behind 20000 fans turning up at the ground when only 2900 have tickets.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

FC Koln on 21:20 - Sep 14 with 2552 viewsMrSheen

FC Koln on 21:15 - Sep 14 by LythamR

nice goal for them to celebrate as well

The Emirates seats start to tip up about now most nights. I wonder how many will stick around for the second half.
FC Koln on 21:59 - Sep 14 with 2417 viewsJuzzie

FC Koln on 21:19 - Sep 14 by bosh67

Would love to know the mentality behind 20000 fans turning up at the ground when only 2900 have tickets.

First European cup game in 25 years.
FC Koln on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 2386 viewsLblock

If we made this competetion by some miracle and then drew a fishing village in the Faroe Islands and only got 200 tickets I'd still expect 3,000 to make the trip

I was trying to explain this mentality to the missus

You just can't

If you don't get it, then you wont get it.

(Not aimed at you personally)
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 22:14]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FC Koln on 22:11 - Sep 14 with 2361 viewsMrSheen

FC Koln on 21:59 - Sep 14 by Juzzie

First European cup game in 25 years.

And having seen Arsenal against Bayern last year, they felt they could win. 1-1 now though.
FC Koln on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 2339 viewspaulparker

FC Koln on 22:06 - Sep 14 by Lblock

If we made this competetion by some miracle and then drew a fishing village in the Faroe Islands and only got 200 tickets I'd still expect 3,000 to make the trip

I was trying to explain this mentality to the missus

You just can't

If you don't get it, then you wont get it.

(Not aimed at you personally)
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 22:14]

this in a nutshell

cant help admire the Germans here , what a show of support and strength even if their fashion sense is a bit sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FC Koln on 22:21 - Sep 14 with 2313 viewssexton

Our 3-0 win over Koln/Cologne in the UEFA Cup in 1976 was one of the great Loftus Road nights for those of us lucky enough to be there.

Harald Schumacher - clatterer-to-be of Patrick Battiston in goal for them as well.
FC Koln on 22:24 - Sep 14 with 2297 viewsloftboy

I had a delivery in Piccadilly at about 9:30 this morning, there was a group of them taking photos of the statue of Eros.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FC Koln on 22:28 - Sep 14 with 2275 viewsBoston

Poor comprehension of mathematics?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FC Koln on 22:43 - Sep 14 with 2206 viewsLblock

FC Koln on 22:16 - Sep 14 by paulparker

this in a nutshell

cant help admire the Germans here , what a show of support and strength even if their fashion sense is a bit sh1t

Yep

I was amongst them on Oxford Street about 2:30pm. They took over The Argyll Arms and within minutes they'd defer it out in their team colours with streamers, balloons and all their scarves and flags. The police were caught napping and clueless
What annoyed me was the police shut the pub down (and loads of other pubs) then were clueless when they tipped up on the streets blocking everything. Then they just stood there. I asked a copper why they were treating them differently to English away fans as usually they'd be corralling people aggressively and in riot gear. They didn't and result was no trouble but why shut pubs?

Hats off to them for traveling

I'd be there by whatever means necessary if it was us. 25 years? The lucky fockers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FC Koln on 23:01 - Sep 14 with 2161 viewsNorthernr

I'd love to know the mentality of only giving them 2,900 tickets when 20,000 want them, then you have 35,000 empty seats at the game, then you announce it as a sell out anyway. Arsenal is a fcking festering turd of a football club these days. Existing purely on PR and revenue generation.
FC Koln on 23:17 - Sep 14 with 2113 viewsNortholt_Rs

FC Koln on 22:21 - Sep 14 by sexton

Our 3-0 win over Koln/Cologne in the UEFA Cup in 1976 was one of the great Loftus Road nights for those of us lucky enough to be there.

Harald Schumacher - clatterer-to-be of Patrick Battiston in goal for them as well.

I was there! Still have the programme somewhere...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

FC Koln on 23:21 - Sep 14 with 2106 viewsNortholt_Rs

FC Koln on 18:36 - Sep 14 by Hayesender

Fair play to them, but I wish English fans were treated with the same respect by the police when we go abroad.

Ps, they're gonna be knackered by kick off

Did the WC2006 in Germany with my lot. Team was pony, our support was awesome and kraut OB good as gold....even when hundreds of England fans were nazi saluting at the site of the Nuremberg rallies (after being warned not to do so). In fact it was so well organised - fanzones etc. - we all agreed that all WCs should just automatically be given to the Germans.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

FC Koln on 00:06 - Sep 15 with 2042 viewsFDC

Good thread here related to Koln taking over the ground and mixed seating. (It's about ten tweets long)

[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 0:08]
FC Koln on 00:17 - Sep 15 with 2021 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FC Koln on 22:21 - Sep 14 by sexton

Irony being what it is, I too was at that game and my father and I were sat next to a German in the SAR Stand. Clearly they've got form for this, as he was not the only one around us either!

Clearly Arsenal hadn't learned the lesson from our game against Cologne - and don't give me, that was 40 years ago crap either!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FC Koln on 03:31 - Sep 15 with 1931 viewsPommyhoop

FC Koln on 22:16 - Sep 14 by paulparker

this in a nutshell

Surely that's subjective.?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

FC Koln on 07:57 - Sep 15 with 1813 viewsizlingtonhoop

LBC are reporting it as if it was a riot, actually including the word 'trouble'. 5L have been starting with dramatic tones before tapering off to, 'nothing much happened and four were arrested'.

Number one son and I took a walk towards the noise, and even walked amongst them in Drayton Park. It was all perfectly good humoured (what we saw), lots of widdling in bushes though, obviously. Although the police were surrounding the Koln fans, they were allowing commuters and joggers just to pass through, it was jolly.

As often, when encountering continentals, I was spoken to in german. I and my sons do have a sausage-nosher look about us - in tourist areas of Spain we almost invariably are spoken to in German first. I studied German to third year secondary, so barely any idea...

What I think I heard was:
'Sie sind sehr gut gekleidet, verglichen mit den meisten von uns. Etwas im englischen Mod-Stil.'
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 8:04]
FC Koln on 08:00 - Sep 15 with 1800 viewsMick_S

FC Koln on 03:31 - Sep 15 by Pommyhoop

Surely that's subjective.?

Jurgen Klopp can't carry denim.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024