Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Infamous people 19:45 - Sep 16 with 5079 viewsNoDiddley

Any on here met any before I post mine?
Infamous people on 20:10 - Sep 16 with 3667 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's the difference between infamous and famous?
Infamous people on 20:12 - Sep 16 with 3660 viewsCamberleyR

Infamous people on 20:10 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

In?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Infamous people on 20:19 - Sep 16 with 3639 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Infamy, infamy they've all got it infamy!
Infamous people on 20:36 - Sep 16 with 3585 viewsizlingtonhoop

More than 20 years ago I was buying my morning newspaper from the paper stand outside Angel station, Brian the fella's name was, always folded and handed me my Guardian before I asked for it.

Someone said something behind me, a joke, a crack. I turned around to smile and nod.

Frankie Fraser!

He used to walk around here all the time back then, with his little Scottie...

I jumped like a firecracker!

And laughed heartily...
Infamous people on 20:43 - Sep 16 with 3560 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've met two people who have been charged with war crimes.

One I was at school with and was in the British Army; he was acquitted but his career was destroyed. The other I met for professional reasons so can't disclose his ID. He was an Afghan asylum-seeker and I think was eventually deported due to being found guilty of numerous atrocities.
Infamous people on 20:54 - Sep 16 with 3538 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Infamous people on 20:10 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

I always think of it as famous for the wrong reasons..

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Infamous people on 20:55 - Sep 16 with 3531 viewsqueensparker

Through a very bizarre set of circumstances I met Colonel Gadaffi in Libya. Not my proudest moment

Still got a signed book he gave me somewhere
Infamous people on 20:57 - Sep 16 with 3524 viewsTGRRRSSS

When I was fairly young staying with my Grandad during School holidays we were walking somewhere (waterloo Bridge area) anyway he said "see the bloke over there who's running the flower stall, thats Buster Edwards he was in the Great Train Robbery" which I didnt really know anything about at the time, anyway we went over and he bought some flowers from him for his Mrs.

I suppose in part so I could tell this story years later.

He got a bit of late fame I guess via the Buster Film with Phil Collins and Larry Lamb (who incidentally played I think Bruce Reynolds.
Login to get fewer ads

Infamous people on 21:00 - Sep 16 with 3514 viewsTGRRRSSS

Infamous people on 20:19 - Sep 16 by WrightUp5hit___

Infamy, infamy they've all got it infamy!

Infamous is basically someone famous for bad reasons such as being a "famous" serial Killer or bank robber (of course you have to get cuaght to get the fame.

The ultimate chicken and egg

Infamous people on 22:36 - Sep 16 with 3325 viewsKerryE

Nobody can beat this.

My Dad met Christie the serial killer of 10 Rillington Place fame.
Dad knew Timothy Evans and his family as they all lived in the Peabody estate.
When Timothy was wrongly arrested my Dad went to 10 Rillington Place to collect his things from the House.

Christie answered the door and let my Dad in. What we know now was that the walls had bodies hidden in them.
I used to ask my Dad, what was Chrstie like, nondiscript he would always say.

That whole case had quite a profound affect on my Dad I would say.
Infamous people on 23:08 - Sep 16 with 3274 viewsBoston

Shook hands with Flavio Briatore.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Infamous people on 00:11 - Sep 17 with 3222 viewsloftboy

Used to pass jimmy saville running down the 9 mile ride between Bracknell and crowthorne ( where broadmoor is) early in the mornings back in the 80's

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Infamous people on 01:33 - Sep 17 with 3156 viewsBakes

I was in Champers Bar in Eastcote after the Ipswich game, a QPR player turned up and swiftly got bladderated. I won't mention his name but I'm sure some of you can guess.

I took photos because I was going to send them to the club and ask what the f*** is going on.

What's the point.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 1:46]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Infamous people on 07:52 - Sep 17 with 3021 viewsHantsR

Some may remember Alfie Hinds, famous criminal and difficult to keep behind bars. I once took part in a MENSA afternoon party in Jersey where I met him.
Infamous people on 08:22 - Sep 17 with 2981 viewsPunteR

Infamous people on 01:33 - Sep 17 by Bakes

I was in Champers Bar in Eastcote after the Ipswich game, a QPR player turned up and swiftly got bladderated. I won't mention his name but I'm sure some of you can guess.

I took photos because I was going to send them to the club and ask what the f*** is going on.

What's the point.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 1:46]

Stephen Caulker?

If it is then thats just a liberty. Yes i know he's got issues but bowling into a bar for everyone to see strikes me as someone that doesnt care. Especially considering we're understaffed in the CB position.
I hope the club already knows about it and dock his 20- 30 grand a week whatever it is wages...
Any other job and he would be sacked.

Thats if it is Caulker...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Infamous people on 08:29 - Sep 17 with 2969 viewsEsox_Lucius

Infamous people on 08:22 - Sep 17 by PunteR

Stephen Caulker?

If it is then thats just a liberty. Yes i know he's got issues but bowling into a bar for everyone to see strikes me as someone that doesnt care. Especially considering we're understaffed in the CB position.
I hope the club already knows about it and dock his 20- 30 grand a week whatever it is wages...
Any other job and he would be sacked.

Thats if it is Caulker...

Unless he was Clarke Carlisle then everyone would say "poor bloke, we need to help and support him to beat his demons".

The grass is always greener.

Infamous people on 08:30 - Sep 17 with 2965 viewsEsox_Lucius

Back on topic, the most infamous person I have ever met was 'onest 'arry Redknapp, destroyer of football clubs and financial ingenue.

The grass is always greener.

Infamous people on 08:43 - Sep 17 with 2947 viewsNoDiddley

Infamous people on 22:36 - Sep 16 by KerryE

Nobody can beat this.

My Dad met Christie the serial killer of 10 Rillington Place fame.
Dad knew Timothy Evans and his family as they all lived in the Peabody estate.
When Timothy was wrongly arrested my Dad went to 10 Rillington Place to collect his things from the House.

Christie answered the door and let my Dad in. What we know now was that the walls had bodies hidden in them.
I used to ask my Dad, what was Chrstie like, nondiscript he would always say.

That whole case had quite a profound affect on my Dad I would say.

That's near mine.
Back in 1973 I was a medical lab technician at Park Royal Hospital part of our duties was to tour various sections learning about chemistry, haematology & histology. One of the places was the mortuary where of courses you'd learn about the human body whilst watching an autopsy. Also in attendance would be medical students & Police cadets( so they would get used to 'seeing' dead bodies!). A fair amount of these would ask to be excused as the smell of formaldehyde & the sight before them made them want to get rid off their breakfast. One chap however was fascinated by this & we spoke at length after, he had a mild Scottish accent & was very pleasant. I'll never forget his name it was.... Dennis Nilsen.
Infamous people on 09:14 - Sep 17 with 2886 viewsDorse

I was at a panto once when I was younger and there was bloke in it who had a beard,funny accent and had a hook for a hand. I never thought about at the time but Abu Hamza was actually a pretty good singer.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 9:15]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Infamous people on 12:17 - Sep 17 with 2722 viewskensalriser

Infamous people on 08:43 - Sep 17 by NoDiddley

That's near mine.
Back in 1973 I was a medical lab technician at Park Royal Hospital part of our duties was to tour various sections learning about chemistry, haematology & histology. One of the places was the mortuary where of courses you'd learn about the human body whilst watching an autopsy. Also in attendance would be medical students & Police cadets( so they would get used to 'seeing' dead bodies!). A fair amount of these would ask to be excused as the smell of formaldehyde & the sight before them made them want to get rid off their breakfast. One chap however was fascinated by this & we spoke at length after, he had a mild Scottish accent & was very pleasant. I'll never forget his name it was.... Dennis Nilsen.

This one's going to be hard to beat!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Infamous people on 12:39 - Sep 17 with 2692 viewsCaptainPugwash

Avast behind!
Afore I last launched The Black Pig i happened upon a fascinating character fishing off the pier - name of Blob.Like The Ancient Mariner he seemed compelled to tell stories of his erstwhile life,all for the price of a packet of Nobby's Nuts.
Seems like he was involved in the nefarious goings on of south and east london villainy.His dad was a good friend to the Kray Twins and indeed he had met them many times himself.His good friend was Les Payne who later graaaaaassed them out.Ronny put a hit out on Les and got Jack The Hat to do the dirty.Shiver me timbers if he weren't the most inept assassin you ever saw,turned up on Les's doorstep in Dulwich with a gun the size of a mediaeval bombard."Is Les in?"he asks of the fragrant Frankie Les's wife...
"No.F*ck off" she says and slams the door.Lovely woman Frankie says Blob,typical gangster's moll,tight leopardskin slacks and stilletos,drove a little Renault Dauphin.Anyeway Blob's heart was in his mouth since Les used to go round to his gaff and might have been targetted by various hitmen.You could tell which was Blob's house by all them Old Bill cars ranked outside on surveillance duties looking about as inconspicuous as a black widow spider on a wedding dress.
I left him later that day wistfully staring out to sea,idly playing with his pole.
Belay yor ramblings master!Third cloud from the left and straight on till the sun's over the yardaaaaaarm.
Infamous people on 14:02 - Sep 17 with 2553 viewssmegma

I've met Finney
Infamous people on 14:04 - Sep 17 with 2550 viewsPunteR

Infamous people on 14:02 - Sep 17 by smegma

I've met Finney

Did he thank you for everything you've done at QPR..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Infamous people on 14:28 - Sep 17 with 2515 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bertie Smalls

Well I never meet him but lived next door to a couple of guys he grassed on, they were west London mob so why they go involve with him (from north) I don't really know

They did a security van over by the scubs was supposed to be unarmed (no guns) but it was Smalls that turned up with one

They got 15 years

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Infamous people on 15:36 - Sep 17 with 2438 viewstimcocking

Pretty sure i could come up with loads!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024