Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Infamous people 19:45 - Sep 16 with 5081 viewsNoDiddley

Any on here met any before I post mine?
Infamous people on 16:58 - Sep 17 with 1363 viewsjohann28

Worked at St Mary's hospital, Paddington in the early 80s; who should check in one day ... Albert Speer
Infamous people on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 1359 viewsbrewers_hoop

Infamous people on 20:36 - Sep 16 by izlingtonhoop

More than 20 years ago I was buying my morning newspaper from the paper stand outside Angel station, Brian the fella's name was, always folded and handed me my Guardian before I asked for it.

Someone said something behind me, a joke, a crack. I turned around to smile and nod.

Frankie Fraser!

He used to walk around here all the time back then, with his little Scottie...

I jumped like a firecracker!

And laughed heartily...

Mad Frankie's grandson Tommy used to play for Brighton. When a local journalist found out, they asked him if his Grandad ever came to watch him play.

He replied: "No, but he reads your reports and he was unhappy you only gave me six out of 10 last week."

Apparently he never got less than 7/10 again.
Infamous people on 08:55 - Sep 18 with 1093 viewspaulparker

about 22/23 years ago me and a couple of mates were in gran caneria on a lads holiday , as a pulling technique and to attract woman one of my mates had a portable camera( no iphones , kids ) and we would go out to clubs chatting woman up and telling them we were making a documentary about clubbing ,
anyway one night which was our last night we are sitting outside a bar and we were chatting up a few birds my mate was filming away when a bloke on the next table said "oi stop filming or I smash your camera " i had a few and said " if you touch that camera il smash your face in "
the bloke pipes up and said " i can find out where your staying like that " as he clicked his fingers , so i retorted with " the address is such and such il be waiting " anyway the fella just got up and left and we carried on chatting bollox to the ladies
we flew home on the Friday and in that Sundays news of the world there was an article about the fella who supplied the ecstasy tablets to leah betts and how he had fled to gran caneria on the orders of his Essex gangster friends , low and behold it had a picture of this fella , the same fella i had offered out and gave our apartment address to

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Infamous people on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 1067 viewsheadhoops

Forget the killing fields of Cambodia, I had the misfortune of having to meet and be polite to our very own Lord of War, Tony Blair. What an arrogant pr1ck.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Infamous people on 09:39 - Sep 18 with 1058 viewsWokingR

Infamous people on 09:14 - Sep 17 by Dorse

I was at a panto once when I was younger and there was bloke in it who had a beard,funny accent and had a hook for a hand. I never thought about at the time but Abu Hamza was actually a pretty good singer.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 9:15]

I've seen Rolf Harris in panto
Infamous people on 10:46 - Sep 18 with 999 viewsisawqpratwcity

Infamous people on 16:58 - Sep 17 by johann28

Worked at St Mary's hospital, Paddington in the early 80s; who should check in one day ... Albert Speer

You were probably there for his death.

"While in London eight years later to participate in the BBC Newsnight program, Speer suffered a stroke and died on September 1, 1981."

He also wasn't as ignorant of the Holocaust as he'd claimed at Nuremberg...

"In 2007, The Guardian reported that a letter from Speer dated December 23, 1971, had been found in Britain in a collection of his correspondence to Hélène Jeanty, widow of a Belgian resistance fighter. In the letter, Speer states that he had been present for Himmler's presentation in Posen. Speer wrote: "There is no doubt — I was present as Himmler announced on October 6, 1943, that all Jews would be killed." "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Infamous people on 12:47 - Sep 18 with 917 viewsMoonshineSteve

When I was a kid we lived opposite John Stonehouse.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Infamous people on 12:52 - Sep 18 with 906 viewsBlackCrowe

Gerry Conlon and Paddy McGuiness of Guildford 4 infamy (although ultimately acquitted so maybe not really infamous).

I was a guest at a wrap party in Dublin nightclub after the filming of In The Name Of The Father. They'd been advisors thoughout production apparently.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Infamous people on 13:09 - Sep 18 with 877 viewsHooped_Pullie

Mine are a bit tenuous, but...

Was introduced to a 'former' IRA bomber at a screening of "Hunger", the film about Bobby Sands. Can't recall his name, but he was active in the peace process and made his living now as a musician in a touring trad music band.

I have also worked alongside Reggie Kray's god-daughter for many years. Salt of the earth, she is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024