Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adolph 17:43 - Sep 17 with 1098 viewsBoston

Anyone ever know Peter, or come to that his son, Mark Adolph? Unusual that a bloke from Kent would follow QPR back in the pre war days, or did his family clear out due to the bombing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adolph on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 892 viewsCheshireR

All covered in a very good book "Growing up with Subbuteo" written by Mark Adolph a number of years ago.
His Dad, Peter, the Subbuteo inventor, was definitely an R and the book contains several tales of going to matches at Loftus Rd when Mark was a youngster.
Peter was born in Brighton and then moved to Chiswick as a boy. His mother moved from there to Kent at the end of the war and on being de-mobbed he joined her near Tonnbridge Wells.
The book is a very entertaining read - especially if you grew up in the 70s when Subbuteo was a massive part of our childhoods.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 9:34]
Adolph on 10:45 - Sep 18 with 840 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I bought the book from him a few years back via WATRB forum. He used to post on there (I think as twranger) but there was a falling out and I haven't seen him on there for a while.

For what it is worth I really enjoyed the book and he seemed like a nice enough bloke. I would imagine he still goes to games but only speculation on my part.
Adolph on 11:03 - Sep 18 with 819 viewssmegma

One of the most fascinating books I've ever read. It helps that he's a Rangers supporter yes, but his stories of following Rangers away as a kid, staying in the poshest hotels while most traipsed home on the train etc are fascinating. He also reveals how he became friends with some little known actor of the time (Michael Caine) . I recommend the book highly.
Adolph on 15:15 - Sep 18 with 723 viewsBoston

Adolph on 11:03 - Sep 18 by smegma

One of the most fascinating books I've ever read. It helps that he's a Rangers supporter yes, but his stories of following Rangers away as a kid, staying in the poshest hotels while most traipsed home on the train etc are fascinating. He also reveals how he became friends with some little known actor of the time (Michael Caine) . I recommend the book highly.

Hmm, thanks for the recommendation, I'll shall try to order via the wonders of the www.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adolph on 15:22 - Sep 18 with 710 viewskensalriser

Pretty sure he used to post on the old dot org and/or the fake dot org.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Adolph on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 670 viewsCamberleyR

Adolph on 15:22 - Sep 18 by kensalriser

Pretty sure he used to post on the old dot org and/or the fake dot org.

He did. His username was "krama" (Mark A backwads)

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024