Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunno 21:51 - Sep 17 with 893 viewsBoston

....too much electrickery.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/qpr-coach-vents-frustrations-middlesbroughs-il

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dunno on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 869 viewsNorthernr

Football will change profoundly with technology's mission creep, will be a poorer spectacle for it and many will come to regret it. I come back to it often, but the video referee in rugby league is now a standing joke, with matches regularly extended well beyond the two-hour mark to the point where Sky are now insisting they kick off earlier so they're done before 10, and decision after decision after decision after decision being reviewed by the video referee and coming back obviously incorrect.

London Warrington a couple of weeks back, in the last minute with the score 38-40 London were awarded (rightly) a penalty for a late cannonball tackle (player held, third player comes in at the knees deliberately trying to hurt him) which they should have been able to kick for a draw. The video referee isn't allowed to adjudicate on such things, but watched it and spoke to the on field referee about it anyway. The result was the penalty, which was correct, wasn't awarded, and Warrington were given the ball instead. Warrington won by two points. Had the video not been there, the score would (rightly in the rules, and deservedly on the balance of play) have been 40-40.

Goal line technology is good. Everything else is a road to ruin. Football will find, as rugby league has, that it's the same stupid humans operating the video referee system, and therefore the same human errors occur - only this time it's more frustrating because it delays the game for ages, and because even with half a dozen replays they still get it wrong.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
Dunno on 22:08 - Sep 17 with 855 viewsbosh67

Then again there is Washington bear hugging the Hull defender out the way while Sylla pokes in the winner. These things happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dunno on 22:15 - Sep 17 with 845 viewsTacticalR

Are we talking about video refs? For some reason I had visions of goal-line technology running all the way round the pitch.

Air hostess clique

Dunno on 22:17 - Sep 17 with 838 viewsNorthernr

Dunno on 22:15 - Sep 17 by TacticalR

Are we talking about video refs? For some reason I had visions of goal-line technology running all the way round the pitch.

Well that's an interesting point - wonder if it could extend all the way along the byline?
Dunno on 22:55 - Sep 17 with 766 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dunno on 22:17 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Well that's an interesting point - wonder if it could extend all the way along the byline?

Sounds expensive and unnecessary to me. I mean it's not like anybody cheated or anything.

It's definitely annoying mind you.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dunno on 00:22 - Sep 18 with 699 viewsBoston

Dunno on 22:17 - Sep 17 by Northernr

It is interesting, don't they have that technology in place at Wimbledon (All England Club, not that tattie bunch who I quite liked when they were non league)?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024