Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 13:38 - Sep 19 with 3079 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Launching boxing career:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41313235
Rio Ferdinand on 13:48 - Sep 19 with 2161 viewsNorthernr

Another gimmick to promote a bookmaker, devaluing boxing still further and playing a sick "channelling grief after the death of wife" card just to cheapen it still further.
Rio Ferdinand on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 2137 viewskingsburyR

I shall be doing the same with this as I did with the Mayweather/McGregor debacle.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rio Ferdinand on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 2137 viewsTheChef

Fark me the things some people will to do make an extra buck? Does he not have enough money already?

The whole betting/gambling industry is out of control and no one in a position responsibility gives a flying one, as long as the profits keep going up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rio Ferdinand on 13:56 - Sep 19 with 2121 viewspaulparker

Rio Ferdinand on 13:48 - Sep 19 by Northernr

Another gimmick to promote a bookmaker, devaluing boxing still further and playing a sick "channelling grief after the death of wife" card just to cheapen it still further.

couldn't agree more
I seem to recall I said the same thing when he made his documentary on grief despite having around 20 affairs and was called all the cnts under the sun

again another kick in the balls to the noble art of boxing , doing exactly what that prize plum flintoff did , my family all boxed especially my granddad and my nans brothers and cousins they would be turning in their graves knowing what a joke the sport has become

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rio Ferdinand on 14:14 - Sep 19 with 2096 viewsDorse

Rio Ferdinand on 13:56 - Sep 19 by paulparker

couldn't agree more
I seem to recall I said the same thing when he made his documentary on grief despite having around 20 affairs and was called all the cnts under the sun

again another kick in the balls to the noble art of boxing , doing exactly what that prize plum flintoff did , my family all boxed especially my granddad and my nans brothers and cousins they would be turning in their graves knowing what a joke the sport has become

I can't see why Rio, at 38, thinks would be anything other than dangerous. At his size, he'd have to be in the Cruiser / Light Heavy division, minimum, and any half decent pro fighter would knock him into the middle of next week! There's keeping in shape and there's being ready to step into a ring with someone trained to punch your head off.

Irresponsible at best.

However, if the intention is to get people to talk about him / the bookies, then job done.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rio Ferdinand on 14:21 - Sep 19 with 2082 viewsWatford_Ranger

Totally agree with those above and this new grieving man of the people act doesn't wash with me at all.

Flintoff was put in the ring with as poor a boxer as they could find. I just hope Rio accidentally gets thrown in with Golovkin or a young Mike Tyson or a gorilla.
Rio Ferdinand on 14:41 - Sep 19 with 2041 viewsTacticalR

I thought he wanted to be England manager, because young geezers were needed...

‘Low, Klinsmann were young geezers when they started out with Germany,’ he added. ‘Look at Van Basten, Mourinho, Guardiola and Luis Enrique – they are not old fellas but they were given a chance. It is different in this country. We are 10 years behind in certain situations. We have to do what’s best for English football.’

Rio Ferdinand Exclusive: I want to be England manager
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730980/RIO-FERDINAND-EXCLUSIV

Air hostess clique

Rio Ferdinand on 14:50 - Sep 19 with 2021 viewsPhildo

the only way this works is if it is an exhibition fight with big racist john.
Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 14:58 - Sep 19 with 2004 viewsted_hendrix

Only a matter of time before old saggy chops takes up boxing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rio Ferdinand on 15:33 - Sep 19 with 1960 viewsbosh67

As a single dad he should look at something else to do. I understand that he has turned to boxing to cope with his loss but one rogue punch and his kids could lose their dad as well. Don't do it Rio.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rio Ferdinand on 15:36 - Sep 19 with 1944 viewstoboboly

Rio Ferdinand on 15:33 - Sep 19 by bosh67

As a single dad he should look at something else to do. I understand that he has turned to boxing to cope with his loss but one rogue punch and his kids could lose their dad as well. Don't do it Rio.

If he was doing it to cope with loss then he wouldn't be financially profiting from it, he would just train.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rio Ferdinand on 15:43 - Sep 19 with 1932 viewskensalriser

Isn't all this nonsense happening because boxing has already devalued itself as any kind of serious sport?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rio Ferdinand on 16:06 - Sep 19 with 1894 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If the idiots at Sky, BT, BBC etc., didn't give this crap any airtime, it would stop! That said, the bigger idiots are those fools who will stump up cash to watch it.

Hope he gets a right hiding (not a life threatening one) that knocks some sense into him. He's got kids, their mum recently died and he's prepared to let his kids see him get a beating up to potentially receiving a critical blow. Utter knobhead!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rio Ferdinand on 16:15 - Sep 19 with 1881 viewsTacticalR

Bout lined up with Jim Magilton, the winner to take on Craig Bellamy.

Air hostess clique

Rio Ferdinand on 16:28 - Sep 19 with 1858 viewsLythamR

Rio Ferdinand on 15:33 - Sep 19 by bosh67

Exactly, it just goes to show that losing a partner doesnt stop you being what you are
Rio Ferdinand on 18:31 - Sep 19 with 1761 viewsBoston

Might be finding that making a living outside of football is not as easy as he thought. Even though I quite like the bloke, he never struck me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Hope he learns in the first round that the ring is no place for 38yr olds to start a second career, any longer and he may get damaged.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rio Ferdinand on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 1723 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Could be worse:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/wwe-mma-wrestling/tim-wiese-joins-wwe
Rio Ferdinand on 20:41 - Sep 19 with 1631 viewsPeterHucker

There'd be a big queue of QPR fans to get in the ring with him to give him a few punches for taking huge wages out of our club while playing like a clueless w@nker.
He was so sh1te he made Anton look like Les.
Rio Ferdinand on 21:01 - Sep 19 with 1602 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rio Ferdinand on 20:41 - Sep 19 by PeterHucker

There'd be a big queue of QPR fans to get in the ring with him to give him a few punches for taking huge wages out of our club while playing like a clueless w@nker.
He was so sh1te he made Anton look like Les.

He may well have been a useless shit, but I think he gets a pass because his missus was dying of cancer at the time.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 21:02]
Rio Ferdinand on 21:52 - Sep 19 with 1544 viewsPeterHucker

That'll be the wife he repeatedly cheated on. Then tried to sue a newspaper so they couldn't report about it.

So no he doesn't get a free pass from me.

Seems he was a pretty crappy husband to her before she even became ill.

She was already very ill when he signed for us in summer 2014. If he cared about his wife, then he should not have carried on playing. He should've stayed at home with her. It's not as if he needed the money.

Now that his wife's dead, he's done a documentary, he's got a book coming out about it and now he's launching a ridiculous boxing career and claiming it's inspired by grief over his wife.

I think we're being "merked"
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 21:55]
Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Sep 19 with 1510 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rio Ferdinand on 21:52 - Sep 19 by PeterHucker

That'll be the wife he repeatedly cheated on. Then tried to sue a newspaper so they couldn't report about it.

So no he doesn't get a free pass from me.

Seems he was a pretty crappy husband to her before she even became ill.

She was already very ill when he signed for us in summer 2014. If he cared about his wife, then he should not have carried on playing. He should've stayed at home with her. It's not as if he needed the money.

Now that his wife's dead, he's done a documentary, he's got a book coming out about it and now he's launching a ridiculous boxing career and claiming it's inspired by grief over his wife.

I think we're being "merked"
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 21:55]

Again mate, he may have been a cheating no good carthorse but I it's a risky business accusing a man of not grieving his dead wife.
Rio Ferdinand on 23:43 - Sep 19 with 1431 viewssmegma

What a pathetic attempt at a publicity stunt.
Rio Ferdinand on 23:44 - Sep 19 with 1430 viewsPunteR

Self indulgent rubbish. If he was doing it for charity fair enough

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rio Ferdinand on 00:34 - Sep 20 with 1411 viewskarl

Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Again mate, he may have been a cheating no good carthorse but I it's a risky business accusing a man of not grieving his dead wife.

You are a soft as shite bugger seeing the best in those who often don't deserve it, you should become a miserable Liberal and everyone feels sorry for you instead!
Rio Ferdinand on 08:43 - Sep 20 with 1304 viewsMonahoop

In this day and age of cheap, lowdown, inane celebrity shows/competitions, don't be shocked to see the BBC sanction another dross evening show...Strictly Come Boxing. Nothing surprises me these days on TV, so it might just happen.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024