Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lukaku Chant 13:50 - Sep 19 with 11691 viewsWokingR

Kick it Out have contacted Man Utd complaining that the chant about Lukaku having a 24 inch penis is racial stereotyping.
Now, just who are they offended on behalf of this time because you can guarantee that Lukaku will be loving it.
They have done some good work in the past but this time I can't help thinking they are shouting for the sake of shouting.
Unless you lot out there with little penises feel threatened. Let me know.
Lukaku Chant on 14:02 - Sep 20 with 2404 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lukaku Chant on 13:30 - Sep 20 by FDC

Not really. Both are racist. But within 'racist' you have terrace songs that, unintentionally or not, do perpetuate racial stereotypes, even if with no intended malice (Lukaku song), and also horrible little Nazi dwarfs (Griffin).

It's not for me to tell other people what they find 'racist' obviously, but other terms have have a more defined meaning.

'Bigot' for example, is a lot subtler than say 'Nazi' but both refer to racists..

Racist is too broad a term for a complicated issue like this.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 14:04]
Lukaku Chant on 14:03 - Sep 20 with 2404 viewshoopdog

Lukaku Chant on 18:28 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

We had one about Mbia didn't we?

Nah that one was just saying he was one
Lukaku Chant on 15:20 - Sep 20 with 2349 viewsrobith

Lukaku Chant on 10:42 - Sep 20 by francisbowles

Has anyone actually been offended by this?

The offence line is tired and overused imo and often used to deflect - often by saying prejudice against large groups is ok because the individual had let it slide or it's just crazy white lefties getting annoyed. Also tries to reduce prejudice to an emotional impact in order to reduce the cause or culpability.

I'm not offended by the song, but I think it plays from pretty grotty racial stereotypes and reflects poorly on Utd fans singing it imo
Lukaku Chant on 15:33 - Sep 20 with 2333 viewsdaveB

Lukaku Chant on 13:28 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

We'll have to agree to disagree about Christie, sorry.

And you're really going too far with what Kick it Out have actually said:

Kick It Out said it was "aware of footage of alleged racist chanting by supporters of Manchester United that emerged on Wednesday 13 September", Lukaku having scored in the game against Basel in the Champions League the previous evening.

"We have contacted Manchester United regarding the issue and will be working closely with them and the Football Association to ensure that it is addressed swiftly," said a Kick It Out spokesperson.

It's no different to what a United blog has said even before this:

A United blog has already asked the club's fans to refrain from the song.

"It's a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age," United fan Scott Patterson wrote in a post on The Republik of Mancunia.

And it's no different to what anyone on here would say if something similar was being chanted.

'pathetic' 'a genuine point to make'? Have a word with yourself, Dave.

Can't believe I'm getting into a debate about black cocks but on Linford, at the time we had several other British sprinters, most of them were black and none of them known for their lunchbox. Linford was known for it because we all saw it swinging in his pants during a race, nothing to do with him being black.

How am I going to far on Kick it out? They are making statements about a song in a you tube video sung by about 25 people, that just seems ridiculous to me. As I say I've heard far worse sung by supporters which hasn't been met with any comment from Kick it Out. All seems odd to me.
Lukaku Chant on 15:52 - Sep 20 with 2297 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lukaku Chant on 15:33 - Sep 20 by daveB

Can't believe I'm getting into a debate about black cocks but on Linford, at the time we had several other British sprinters, most of them were black and none of them known for their lunchbox. Linford was known for it because we all saw it swinging in his pants during a race, nothing to do with him being black.

How am I going to far on Kick it out? They are making statements about a song in a you tube video sung by about 25 people, that just seems ridiculous to me. As I say I've heard far worse sung by supporters which hasn't been met with any comment from Kick it Out. All seems odd to me.

You're going too far because you said they were pathetic and that they weren't making a genuine point, when they're clearly not, and they clearly are. I'm sure they don't comment on every single racist chant - it would be difficult for them to even know about them all. But this one was obviously brought to their attention because United are a bigger club than most and because it has obviously gained a bit of traction, and been condemned by some of their own fans. They've seen this in the press (MEN did a story on it a few days ago) and probably seen the Man Utd blog article, and decided to contact United. They're just doing what they;re there to do. The Man Utd fanzine says:

'Here we have a hugely talented striker, currently the top scorer in the league, yet he’s reduced to us celebrating the supposed size of his dick. You know, because all black guys have massive knobs. He’s a strong, powerful, athletic beast with a huge dick, like every other black player. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.'

And they're right. And KIO is absolutely correct to contact Man Utd about it. It's the press and people rolling their eyes about what is or isn't racist these days that have actually made this into a far bigger story than it is - not KIO.

Christie never felt comfortable about the cock-gags. He tried to laugh it off, but has said several times he didn't like it. It chimed with a stereotype, there's no doubt about it, and I'm sure that's why he didn't like it, or felt uncomfortable about it. Instead of talking about how fast he ran, people made jokes that they could see his big willy. There was certainly a connection between just how much the press went on about it and the stereotype already established. For example, the same thing wouldn't happen now. Why? Precisely because it feeds a lazy stereotype.

I'm not having a go at you dave, I love your posts and totally respect your opinions. I just think you're on the wrong side of the fence here.

Bare bones.

Lukaku Chant on 15:53 - Sep 20 with 2291 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 15:33 - Sep 20 by daveB

Surely the point is that if you stamp it out whilst its only 25 plonkers on a you tube video, it doesn't get to the point where this kind of chant is acceptable.

Linford's Lunchbox was a popular discussion topic over 20 years ago and at the time Linford didn't like it either so all you've done is highlight something that was offensive to the target...
Lukaku Chant on 16:25 - Sep 20 with 2244 viewsdaveB

Lukaku Chant on 15:52 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

You're going too far because you said they were pathetic and that they weren't making a genuine point, when they're clearly not, and they clearly are. I'm sure they don't comment on every single racist chant - it would be difficult for them to even know about them all. But this one was obviously brought to their attention because United are a bigger club than most and because it has obviously gained a bit of traction, and been condemned by some of their own fans. They've seen this in the press (MEN did a story on it a few days ago) and probably seen the Man Utd blog article, and decided to contact United. They're just doing what they;re there to do. The Man Utd fanzine says:

'Here we have a hugely talented striker, currently the top scorer in the league, yet he’s reduced to us celebrating the supposed size of his dick. You know, because all black guys have massive knobs. He’s a strong, powerful, athletic beast with a huge dick, like every other black player. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.'

And they're right. And KIO is absolutely correct to contact Man Utd about it. It's the press and people rolling their eyes about what is or isn't racist these days that have actually made this into a far bigger story than it is - not KIO.

Christie never felt comfortable about the cock-gags. He tried to laugh it off, but has said several times he didn't like it. It chimed with a stereotype, there's no doubt about it, and I'm sure that's why he didn't like it, or felt uncomfortable about it. Instead of talking about how fast he ran, people made jokes that they could see his big willy. There was certainly a connection between just how much the press went on about it and the stereotype already established. For example, the same thing wouldn't happen now. Why? Precisely because it feeds a lazy stereotype.

I'm not having a go at you dave, I love your posts and totally respect your opinions. I just think you're on the wrong side of the fence here.

If they are saying that every black man has a big old chopper because they are black then yeah of course that is wrong but I really don't think that's what they are saying here otherwise they'd be signing it about every black player at man Utd,

It's been turned into that of course but does the song about Park means that all Koreans eat Dogs, the song about Vidic mean everyone from Serbia is a murderer. To me it seems to be based around he's a big bloke and penis rhymes with genius

There's a lot wrong in football these days, a stupid song about a bloke with a big willy shouldn't be making the news.
Lukaku Chant on 16:41 - Sep 20 with 2218 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 16:25 - Sep 20 by daveB

If they are saying that every black man has a big old chopper because they are black then yeah of course that is wrong but I really don't think that's what they are saying here otherwise they'd be signing it about every black player at man Utd,

It's been turned into that of course but does the song about Park means that all Koreans eat Dogs, the song about Vidic mean everyone from Serbia is a murderer. To me it seems to be based around he's a big bloke and penis rhymes with genius

There's a lot wrong in football these days, a stupid song about a bloke with a big willy shouldn't be making the news.

You’re trolling us Dave right?
Login to get fewer ads

Lukaku Chant on 17:56 - Sep 20 with 2141 viewsdaveB

Lukaku Chant on 16:41 - Sep 20 by LunarJetman

nope, i genuinely don't see what the big deal is, it's a stupid song sung by a few idiots which is best ignored
Lukaku Chant on 18:11 - Sep 20 with 2128 viewsfrancisbowles

Can someone enlighten me as to the origins of the 'chief' chant when our Ned does something good?
Lukaku Chant on 18:57 - Sep 20 with 2101 viewsLongsufferingR

Lukaku Chant on 16:41 - Sep 20 by LunarJetman

.....but penis doesn't rhyme with genius.
Lukaku Chant on 23:28 - Sep 20 with 1989 viewssmegma

If it wasn't for this thread I'd be none the wiser about the allegations. Could anyone hear the chant on TV?
Lukaku Chant on 00:02 - Sep 21 with 1961 viewskensalriser

Hey, at least it's not homophobic.

In fact, its positively homoerotic. That's got to be a good thing, right?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lukaku Chant on 00:17 - Sep 21 with 1957 viewsFredManRave

Lukaku Chant on 00:02 - Sep 21 by kensalriser

Hey, at least it's not homophobic.

In fact, its positively homoerotic. That's got to be a good thing, right?

Just to clarify Kensal, you find a 24inch black penis "homoerotic"?!

Personally, if anything, this whole episode has made me realise that I'm only half the man that Lukaku is.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 0:49]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lukaku Chant on 08:16 - Sep 21 with 1887 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 00:17 - Sep 21 by FredManRave

Personally, if anything, this whole episode has made me realise that I'm only half the man that Lukaku is.

Amazing! So what size is your c0ck then?

On a more serious note, some people are making light of this because its "just a joke" but chances are Lukaku doesn't find it that funny.

Linford Christie never liked the references to him in the media (Sun mainly, which says it all)

During a libel case he won, "..Christie raised another of his grievances with the media — comments about the figure-hugging running suits that Christie wore in his races. The term Linford's lunchbox had been coined by The Sun newspaper in reference to the bulge of Christie's genitalia in his Lycra shorts.

"Linford's lunchbox is one of my grievances with the media. I don't like it … Nobody ever goes on about Sally Gunnell's breasts … I think it is disgusting, I don't like it at all."
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 9:54]
Lukaku Chant on 08:26 - Sep 21 with 1875 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Seem to remember the United fans singing the "You'll never nutmeg Dion" chant.

Perhaps there are underlying homo-erotic themes at Old Trafford

Perhaps its all very amusing, maybe repressed sexualism, perhaps racism.

Prompts the question, are we Gingerphobic and guilty of hate crime against James Collins (when he had hair)?
Lukaku Chant on 09:35 - Sep 21 with 1815 viewsNW5Hoop

Lukaku Chant on 08:26 - Sep 21 by WrightUp5hit___

Prompts the question, are we Gingerphobic and guilty of hate crime against James Collins (when he had hair)?

Well, I'm ginger, and I can tell you I get really f*cking fed up of hearing ginger applied as an adjective in insults. When we beat Bolton 4-3 I completely lost it at the bloke behind me after he spent the entire game calling Lennon a "ginger w*nker*, "ginger c*nt*, "ginger b*stard" etc.
Lukaku Chant on 09:47 - Sep 21 with 1806 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 09:35 - Sep 21 by NW5Hoop

Well, I'm ginger, and I can tell you I get really f*cking fed up of hearing ginger applied as an adjective in insults. When we beat Bolton 4-3 I completely lost it at the bloke behind me after he spent the entire game calling Lennon a "ginger w*nker*, "ginger c*nt*, "ginger b*stard" etc.

I'm guessing based on some of the responses to this thread, you'd be told to "man up" as its "just banter"....
Lukaku Chant on 10:14 - Sep 21 with 1775 viewsPommyhoop

Lukaku Chant on 09:35 - Sep 21 by NW5Hoop

Ginger beer ?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lukaku Chant on 11:07 - Sep 21 with 1752 viewssmegma

Lukaku Chant on 08:26 - Sep 21 by WrightUp5hit___

That was down to BIgot Ron telling the world about Dions size. Ditto Gazza recently about LF.
Lukaku Chant on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 1683 viewskensalriser

Lukaku Chant on 00:17 - Sep 21 by FredManRave

My feelings aren't really relevant, but I can clarify that I've never been part of a group of men chanting about another man's cock!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lukaku Chant on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 1677 viewsPommyhoop

Lukaku Chant on 15:56 - Sep 21 by kensalriser

My feelings aren't really relevant, but I can clarify that I've never been part of a group of men chanting about another man's cock!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lukaku Chant on 19:36 - Sep 22 with 1518 viewsrobith

Lukaku Chant on 18:11 - Sep 20 by francisbowles

Can someone enlighten me as to the origins of the 'chief' chant when our Ned does something good?

It's his nickname from his mates
Lukaku Chant on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 789 viewsMiss_Terraces

Comedy Gold

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Lukaku Chant on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 741 viewsDiscodroids

Lukaku Chant on 12:58 - Jan 16 by Miss_Terraces

Comedy Gold

The comments within are Proper golden fleece treasures and antiquities of joy.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 14:11]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024