Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When I see an elephant fly. 20:59 - Sep 19 with 1925 viewsstowmarketrange

I've just about seen everything now.Ulloa of Leicester had to have treatment and was subsequently taken off after a headed clearance from his own penalty area.
When I see an elephant fly. on 08:33 - Sep 20 with 1602 viewsNorthernr

Be interesting/depressing to see what happens to heading in football over the next 20 years or so. We're seeing a huge move across several sports - NFL, both rugbys - to start treating concussion as basically an immediate brain tumour and death sentence. Some of the cards I've seen in RL this year for "contact with the head" have been hilarious. What with the Jeff Astle coroners verdict as well... Wouldn't be surprised at all to see kids football made 'no over head height' and no headers pretty quickly actually.

This post has been edited by an administrator
When I see an elephant fly. on 08:55 - Sep 20 with 1562 viewskingsburyR

It's coming!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

When I see an elephant fly. on 09:27 - Sep 20 with 1497 viewsDesertBoot

I was reading that soccer academies in the USA have a "no heading policy" for, I think, U-16 teams and younger.

Wish I could be like David Watts

When I see an elephant fly. on 09:32 - Sep 20 with 1489 viewsfrancisbowles

Does anyone know if there is evidence that footballers suffer higher rates of dementia than the general population?
When I see an elephant fly. on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 1422 viewsqueensparker

I've had a break from 11-a-side for a few years and played again the other day - what really struck me was the ball was like a padded pillow. Heading it you felt absolutely nothing, very different to those rock hard Mitres from the 80s that used to feel like cannonballs and give you an instant headache.
When I see an elephant fly. on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 1419 viewsloftinoz

When I see an elephant fly. on 09:32 - Sep 20 by francisbowles

Does anyone know if there is evidence that footballers suffer higher rates of dementia than the general population?

How could you tell?
When I see an elephant fly. on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 1350 viewsGloryHunter

I got a detached retina from heading the ball away from a free kick. Permanent damage to my sight in that eye.
When I see an elephant fly. on 11:00 - Sep 20 with 1319 viewsfrancisbowles

When I see an elephant fly. on 09:27 - Sep 20 by DesertBoot

I was reading that soccer academies in the USA have a "no heading policy" for, I think, U-16 teams and younger.

When I was a kid in the late 60s, the ball was rarely headed anyway. It was so heavy in comparison to modern balls that you could hardly get it off the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

When I see an elephant fly. on 12:07 - Sep 20 with 1225 viewsShotKneesHoop

I had to nod keeper's kicks on from midfield to the forwards in the 60's. Those old leather lace up balls when they were wet weighed a ton. I had Big Ben ringing in my head every time I did it. Even worse on Sunday mornings with a hangover from the night before.

Never did me any harm. Twitch, twitch, what have I just lost? Who am I? Ding dong.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

When I see an elephant fly. on 15:15 - Sep 20 with 1045 viewsBoston

When I see an elephant fly. on 12:07 - Sep 20 by ShotKneesHoop

I had to nod keeper's kicks on from midfield to the forwards in the 60's. Those old leather lace up balls when they were wet weighed a ton. I had Big Ben ringing in my head every time I did it. Even worse on Sunday mornings with a hangover from the night before.

Never did me any harm. Twitch, twitch, what have I just lost? Who am I? Ding dong.

....and all while smoking 60 a day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

When I see an elephant fly. on 20:12 - Sep 20 with 904 viewsShotKneesHoop

When I see an elephant fly. on 15:15 - Sep 20 by Boston

....and all while smoking 60 a day.

I didn't smoke then, all my money went on commuting to work, playing sport,drinking beer and watching the R's whenever I could. 1962 - 1970 were great times on the terrace for 3 bob.

I do miss that lovely clinging mud, getting soaked wherever you stood and the spectators crammed in like sardine cans on the half way line of the South Africa Road terracing.

Just not the same now. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024