Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cousins might be back for the weekend 16:02 - Sep 20 with 2097 viewsFDC

Some good injury news. Back in full training

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/cousins-returns-to-training/
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 16:05 - Sep 20 with 2087 viewsenfieldargh

lets hope they dont rush him back, unless he can play centre half that is

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 16:51 - Sep 20 with 1998 viewssimmo

Excellent news

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 17:50 - Sep 20 with 1875 viewsAntti_Heinola

I really want it to work out for cousins. I was convinced he was a brilliant signing last summer after he ripped our pathetic midfield apart the previous season, but he's had a tough time here. First played out of position because of a lack of wingers, then a bit of a mare against Newcastle (although at least he tried, and he wasn't the only one to be steamrollered by a long chalk), then injuries, then back and a game or two where he looked like the player i thought we'd signed, then all those injuries again!
As others said, though - shame he's not a centre half!

Bare bones.

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 18:14 - Sep 20 with 1834 viewsBromleyHoop

And to add to his run of bad luck, he's now approaching fitness when we have the strongest and most effective midfield we've had since he arrived at the club.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 1775 viewsmcqpr10

I wonder if he could be the answer to the right back/ wing back role?
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 07:19 - Sep 21 with 1480 viewssevenhoop

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 18:56 - Sep 20 by mcqpr10

no. Let's play him in his correct position and give him a chance to show what he can do!
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 08:52 - Sep 21 with 1386 viewssimmo

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 18:14 - Sep 20 by BromleyHoop

And to add to his run of bad luck, he's now approaching fitness when we have the strongest and most effective midfield we've had since he arrived at the club.

That's a good thing though, means we don't have to rush him back or rely on his him to hit the ground running performance wise. No reason that he won't be used plenty over a long hard season as/when he's fully fit. This is more bad news for Manning though who could slip further behind the pecking order if he doesn't start making more of an impact.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 09:35 - Sep 21 with 1320 viewsBklynRanger

He's definitely a good problem to have. Could see him coming on for Freeman in games where we're looking to hold onto something.
Login to get fewer ads

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 1301 viewsFDC

I was thinking he might provide cover for Scowen initially. But the problem there is it's an all action role and Scowen seems to get chopped in half at least twice a week, so not ideal for a player coming back from injury.

Hope it works out for him anyway, comes across as (another) top bloke and definitely has something about him.
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 11:08 - Sep 21 with 1217 viewsRBlock

Pretty sure Wzolek is already the answer to that. Or Furlong. Or Wheeler.
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 11:35 - Sep 21 with 1177 viewsHoopsarrr

He's not a winger. He plays centrally. Centrally!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 11:36]
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 14:20 - Sep 21 with 1023 viewsfrancisbowles

He is a professional footballer he plays where he is told to and where he can get into the team.
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 956 viewsMatch82

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 14:20 - Sep 21 by francisbowles

He is a professional footballer he plays where he is told to and where he can get into the team.

That's true. But whether he can actually be effective if "played where he is told to" when it isn't his strength, is surely the more important consideration?
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 17:49 - Sep 21 with 935 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Cousins might be back for the weekend on 07:19 - Sep 21 by sevenhoop

no. Let's play him in his correct position and give him a chance to show what he can do!

Agree with this though there is no need to rush him back and risk a recurrence of the injury as the midfield is currently performing well.
Cousins might be back for the weekend on 17:53 - Sep 21 with 930 viewsLblock

My cousins back over for the Foolham game

Not sure that counts for much but I'm looking forward to having a beer or three with him.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024