Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager 16:47 - Sep 20 with 15596 viewsbosh67

Been thrown a load of new allegations of misconduct. Really not sure what to make of it. FA seem to have pulled the rug from under him. Been cleared in two investigations, subject to on the edge social media abuse from his accuser, backed by the ladies in the team. Seems to have been subject to a witch hunt.

Big shame for England Ladies. Really good boss and got so much more out of them. Fear for their chances now he has gone.

His accuser said he made very unpleasant comments to her several times but when they looked through the tapes of those incidents, which were recorded, there was nothing. If he did ever say them he was out of order but there is absolutely no evidence against him. Seems far too easy for people to be found guilty by social media and media bias.

But it is the team that could well suffer and all the fans as a consequence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 8035 viewsessextaxiboy

If there s no evidence he should go for constructive dismissal . Drag em into court and get his reputation back .
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:23 - Sep 20 with 8019 viewspastieR

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:17 - Sep 20 by essextaxiboy

If there s no evidence he should go for constructive dismissal . Drag em into court and get his reputation back .

The BBC understands Sampson's departure relates to fresh allegations regarding his behaviour in a previous role some years ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/12/mark-sampson-defends-himself-en

As I said in the other thread, I thought the FA had messed this up, by not carrying out decent review in the 1st place, but don't think he helped himself with his actions after the initial complaint
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:32 - Sep 20 with 7989 viewsstowmarketrange

If he did say the things he is accused of he deserves to go,but it does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt as the fa have already cleared him of previous accusations.
It might be that they don't want their good(?) name dragged through the House of Commons inquiry.
You do have to do careful these days though with what you can and can't say.What one player might treat as banter will cause distress to another.
The squad last night seemed to be right behind him though,especially after running to celebrate the first goal with him.

I'm taking my U16 girls team to see the game against Kazakhstan in November and it will seem strange to see someone else in the dugout.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:42 - Sep 20 with 7952 viewsdaveB

excellent work by the newspapers, not content with hounding the Mens England manager out they've started on the ladies now. Of course if he did what he is accused of then he deserves all he gets but he has been cleared twice by the FA over this so seems odd.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:54 - Sep 20 with 7911 viewsLblock

As soon as you're publicly accused of the modern day witchcraft these days you're finished.

England and the FA get all they deserve

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:00 - Sep 20 with 7884 viewsNorthernr

Probably worth pointing out that as none of us were there, nor are we privy to what allegations have actually been made, we have no idea what he's been accused of or whether it's true, which are usually quite important when rushing to judgement.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:03 - Sep 20 with 7871 viewsNorthernr

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:11 - Sep 20 with 7835 viewsstevec

Had to google 'safeguarding' and I'm still none the wiser.

Who invents these fcking terms?
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:16 - Sep 20 with 7804 viewsNorthernr

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:11 - Sep 20 by stevec

Yeh nonsense modern term that can encompass everything from child abuse to shouting at somebody in a university safe space.

Like I say, certainly nobody on here has any idea what's gone on but you'll all fall into fairly predictable camps on the matter despite that...
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:17 - Sep 20 with 7801 viewsstowmarketrange

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:11 - Sep 20 by stevec

We all have to take a safeguarding course to work in football with children,as well as a Crb check,first aid and various other courses have to be completed every few years.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:20 - Sep 20 with 7790 viewsBromleyHoop

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:00 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Probably worth pointing out that as none of us were there, nor are we privy to what allegations have actually been made, we have no idea what he's been accused of or whether it's true, which are usually quite important when rushing to judgement.

Contrary to the above statement....I reckon he was shagging one of the players he was coaching.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:21 - Sep 20 with 7774 viewsNorthernr

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:20 - Sep 20 by BromleyHoop

Contrary to the above statement....I reckon he was shagging one of the players he was coaching.

Chat among the sports hacks is more than one, but again...
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:22 - Sep 20 with 7772 viewsfrancisbowles

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:20 - Sep 20 by BromleyHoop

As it was an academy, I hope you are wrong and if you have no evidence then that is an awfully dangerous allegation.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:24 - Sep 20 with 7751 viewsNorthernr

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:22 - Sep 20 by francisbowles

As it was an academy, I hope you are wrong and if you have no evidence then that is an awfully dangerous allegation.

It's called 'Bristol Academy' but it's actually the name of the senior team. He did 16-19s and the first team there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/mark-sampson-sacked-en
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:29 - Sep 20 with 7718 viewsBushman

Å´ouldn't have thought he would have got the bullet unless he was properly busted and it was demonstrable for the obvious scope for legal redress and more egg on the chin.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:31 - Sep 20 with 7707 viewspastieR

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:03 - Sep 20 by Northernr

so basically the FA has said none of this mess is our fault, and we've found a loop hole to make it go away?
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 7701 viewsfrancisbowles

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:24 - Sep 20 by Northernr

It's called 'Bristol Academy' but it's actually the name of the senior team. He did 16-19s and the first team there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/mark-sampson-sacked-en

Thanks for that, I didn't know, so if true let's hope it was the first team as I believe it may be against the law with u18's when in a caretaker role.

No offence to Bromleyhoop intended.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:45 - Sep 20 with 7636 viewsNorthernr

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:31 - Sep 20 by pastieR

so basically the FA has said none of this mess is our fault, and we've found a loop hole to make it go away?

Or, look at this massive loophole in our own 'safeguarding' system that allows a bloke to keep working when we don't believe he should have done.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:00 - Sep 20 with 7563 viewsFredManRave

Anybody know how long his cóck is so I can make up a chant to make him feel better.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:01 - Sep 20 with 7557 viewspastieR

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:45 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Or, look at this massive loophole in our own 'safeguarding' system that allows a bloke to keep working when we don't believe he should have done.

Ok, but they're saying that he is still cleared to work in football and not a safeguarding threat, and it is more a conduct issue that the FA can't accept of an employee, seems very convenient to a resolve a potentially more difficult issue.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:02 - Sep 20 with 7548 viewspastieR

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:00 - Sep 20 by FredManRave

Anybody know how long his cóck is so I can make up a chant to make him feel better.

ha, made me chuckle
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:08 - Sep 20 with 7523 viewspaulparker

Bloke was always going to be hounded out after recent events this will please those who had their agendas, this country cannot wait to destroy someone once they are successful i hope he sues the useless kunts at the fa for millions and millions

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:18 - Sep 20 with 7472 viewsHunterhoop

Allegations about his conduct coaching an 16-19 yr old team, followed up by a "safeguarding" investigation into whether he "posed a threat"...can only really mean one thing.

FA's senior bods have now read the full investigation, and obviously believe his conduct was unacceptable, but not illegal, and the original outcome of the investigation was insufficient. They even said he had to undergo "training" after the original investigation and decision to allow him continue in his role. Again, draw your own conclusions.

If he doesn't bring an unfair dismissal case, you can probably have those conclusions confirmed.

Sounds like this is entirely his own doing. If it came out the FA senior bods had become aware of the full report, and had done noting, they'd be crucified too.

Personally, I think the FA Chief Exec has done the right thing....at least with regards to now knowing the full details of the investigation from Sampon's time at the Bristol Academy. If the details are as alluded to, and you had a daughter in that age range, how would you feel about encouraging her, no, letting her, play football for a bloke in an FA organised side/club, knowing they'd taken no action before?

It's not the 1970s, the woman's game is growing. You have to ensure it's not seen to be chauvinstic, and is seen to be a safe, welcoming environment.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:27 - Sep 20 with 7427 viewsHayesender

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:08 - Sep 20 by paulparker

Bloke was always going to be hounded out after recent events this will please those who had their agendas, this country cannot wait to destroy someone once they are successful i hope he sues the useless kunts at the fa for millions and millions

I think he should sue that Aluko for the sum of £80,000

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:44 - Sep 20 with 7366 viewsdaveB

been odd how the media have been going after him the last few months over an issue he was seemingly cleared of so something must be up that we don't know about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024