Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager 16:47 - Sep 20 with 15579 viewsbosh67

Been thrown a load of new allegations of misconduct. Really not sure what to make of it. FA seem to have pulled the rug from under him. Been cleared in two investigations, subject to on the edge social media abuse from his accuser, backed by the ladies in the team. Seems to have been subject to a witch hunt.

Big shame for England Ladies. Really good boss and got so much more out of them. Fear for their chances now he has gone.

His accuser said he made very unpleasant comments to her several times but when they looked through the tapes of those incidents, which were recorded, there was nothing. If he did ever say them he was out of order but there is absolutely no evidence against him. Seems far too easy for people to be found guilty by social media and media bias.

But it is the team that could well suffer and all the fans as a consequence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:54 - Sep 20 with 4553 viewsbosh67

Problem is that this guy has been sacked on allegations rather than clear facts. I think this may create yet another world of pain for the FA. As Clive said we don't know all the ins and outs of this but by the same token the two investigations couldn't find any evidence. There have then been stories of behaviour in Bristol but the FA have been very clear that he didn't break any professional football rules. So he may well have been having affairs with a few players but if they were consensual relationships and above the legal age of consent then it may have been dimly viewed upon but they didn't break any rules.

Karren Brady is married to Paul Peschisolido. He is younger than her. He was pretty young when they got together. Does that make her unfit in a previous life to run a football team? You can go on forever.

Something doesn't smell too good about the way Sampson has been done for something historical that from what we know, wasn't even illegal or banned from the game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 4524 viewskensalriser

Despite the silly jargon it's pretty obvious what the problem is, as several have alluded to. People who keep it in their pants and treat everyone equally and respectfully generally don't run into this sort of trouble.

Of course, he could be completely innocent and the target of a heinous smear campaign of unknown motive, but I won't be holding my breath for his unfair dismissal claim or lawsuit against anyone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:18 - Sep 20 with 4513 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:24 - Sep 20 by Northernr

It's called 'Bristol Academy' but it's actually the name of the senior team. He did 16-19s and the first team there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/mark-sampson-sacked-en

I commend him for his stamina.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:50 - Sep 20 with 4447 viewsFredManRave

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:11 - Sep 20 by kensalriser

Despite the silly jargon it's pretty obvious what the problem is, as several have alluded to. People who keep it in their pants and treat everyone equally and respectfully generally don't run into this sort of trouble.

Of course, he could be completely innocent and the target of a heinous smear campaign of unknown motive, but I won't be holding my breath for his unfair dismissal claim or lawsuit against anyone.

Mark Sampson
He's an England Ladies Manger Genius
The smear campaign against him is heinous
It's all getting rather silly
For this man with an average willy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 4434 views1BobbyHazell

So Rio Ferdinand deserves anger, vitriol and ill wishes of violence for being a huge dick but a man who has clearly (sorry allegedly) been f*cking teenage girls under his care deserves all our sympathy and the right to sue the people who sacked him.

This is the FA, do you think they just handed Aluko 80 grand (which I assume is more than any players earn in a year!) for no f*cking reason!?

Then someone, who I assume isn't Samson's biggest fan, in football gives the FA a reminder of something they previously kept quiet about to do with him with a warning that things are so public about him now that if this got out real sh*t would hit the fan with them looking culpable. So they've act in their normal Self Preservation way.

I'm not saying he's racist at all by the way, I really couldn't give a flying f about the Aluko thing, it's meant nothing to me. But people telling a man who looks to have been (allegedly) doing that to young, impressionable teenage girls whose professional future may rest on his say so to sue for being sacked need to have a deep breath and think about what they are advocating.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 21:00]
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 21:18 - Sep 20 with 4387 viewsWesty75

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:59 - Sep 20 by 1BobbyHazell

So Rio Ferdinand deserves anger, vitriol and ill wishes of violence for being a huge dick but a man who has clearly (sorry allegedly) been f*cking teenage girls under his care deserves all our sympathy and the right to sue the people who sacked him.

This is the FA, do you think they just handed Aluko 80 grand (which I assume is more than any players earn in a year!) for no f*cking reason!?

Then someone, who I assume isn't Samson's biggest fan, in football gives the FA a reminder of something they previously kept quiet about to do with him with a warning that things are so public about him now that if this got out real sh*t would hit the fan with them looking culpable. So they've act in their normal Self Preservation way.

I'm not saying he's racist at all by the way, I really couldn't give a flying f about the Aluko thing, it's meant nothing to me. But people telling a man who looks to have been (allegedly) doing that to young, impressionable teenage girls whose professional future may rest on his say so to sue for being sacked need to have a deep breath and think about what they are advocating.

And let that be the last word on the matter.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 21:28 - Sep 20 with 4372 viewsstowmarketrange

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 20:59 - Sep 20 by 1BobbyHazell

Were his affairs with the 16-19 girls or the main Bristol team?If it's the former then it might be considered more serious than the latter.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 22:06 - Sep 20 with 4301 viewsMrSheen

Time to reopen the Bend It Like Beckham scandal too. Give QPR the cup.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 22:16 - Sep 20 with 4264 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 19:00 - Sep 20 by FredManRave

Anybody know how long his cóck is so I can make up a chant to make him feel better.

Yeah half the team does according to Northernr....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 23:40 - Sep 20 with 4135 viewsngbqpr

re the Aluko claims....and MS being cleared..the first investigation was deemed so crap they thought they better do another one...in which they failed to interview the player Aluko told them had been the target of one of the alleged inappropriate comments

also Aluko was invited to take part in an FA 'cultural review' by Dan Ashworth - was told she was doing so anonymously...but despite being WSL top scorer, she was suddenly dropped by MS weeks after she gave the FA her 'anonymous' thoughts

So...was MS cleared twice? Yes. Do those clearances stand up to scrutiny? No.

The FA has characteristically ballsed up the whole thing, seemingly for about 3 years...but with both the Bristol and Aluko situations, surely there's no smoke without fire.

Purely as a coach...he's done a very good job up to a point...but his Fergie / Mourinho wannabe mind games re oppo managers at the Euros were embarrassing, as was that semi final capitulation when the way had opened up for the tournament to be won. So maybe he'd reached his limit as a coach too...mind you, they played flippin well last night.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 02:56 - Sep 21 with 4028 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 17:17 - Sep 20 by essextaxiboy

If there s no evidence he should go for constructive dismissal . Drag em into court and get his reputation back .

A constructive dismissal requires the person to resign. He's been sacked, so this is not a constructive dismissal case!

If, as seems to be the case, some other details/info/evidence have come to light, Sampson might not wish for the dirty laundry to be aired in public, and ruin what is left of his reputation.

If he is guilty, then I hope the FA stands behind the allegations of victims, and doesn't grease his departure with a large wedge.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 07:43 - Sep 21 with 3891 viewsHunterhoop

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 02:56 - Sep 21 by PlanetHonneywood

A constructive dismissal requires the person to resign. He's been sacked, so this is not a constructive dismissal case!

If, as seems to be the case, some other details/info/evidence have come to light, Sampson might not wish for the dirty laundry to be aired in public, and ruin what is left of his reputation.

If he is guilty, then I hope the FA stands behind the allegations of victims, and doesn't grease his departure with a large wedge.

I think they've already said he's only getting the minimum he's entitled to contractually as a result of dismissal, thereby confirming this is not a compromise deal...so no big pay off.

Also you can take your employer to tribunal if you feel you have been dismissed unfairly. He could still do that if he wanted.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 10:19 - Sep 21 with 3763 viewstoboboly

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 07:43 - Sep 21 by Hunterhoop

I think they've already said he's only getting the minimum he's entitled to contractually as a result of dismissal, thereby confirming this is not a compromise deal...so no big pay off.

Also you can take your employer to tribunal if you feel you have been dismissed unfairly. He could still do that if he wanted.

Quick question;

If I worked at Employer A and had an issue and people investigated me but then clearly decided it wasn't worth sacking me, just a bit of re-training etc then how can Employer B, whom has employed me a year later fire me for something that didn't happen on their watch?

It isn't like not disclosing a criminal record, it is having an internal disciplinary and then moving to a different employer.

Not on either side of this debate just I would be livid if this happened at my work for something in a previous employment that had been dealt with internally.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 10:54 - Sep 21 with 3720 viewsTacticalR

I listened to yesterday's Radio 5 Live and the Off the Ball podcasts about this and I can't really say I am any the wiser about what happened in the first place.

And whatever the truth of the matter the FA suddenly producing old files on someone they want to be rid of is pretty suspect.

Air hostess clique

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:19 - Sep 21 with 3678 viewsLunarJetman

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 10:19 - Sep 21 by toboboly

Quick question;

If I worked at Employer A and had an issue and people investigated me but then clearly decided it wasn't worth sacking me, just a bit of re-training etc then how can Employer B, whom has employed me a year later fire me for something that didn't happen on their watch?

It isn't like not disclosing a criminal record, it is having an internal disciplinary and then moving to a different employer.

Not on either side of this debate just I would be livid if this happened at my work for something in a previous employment that had been dealt with internally.

Well the allegations first came to light after he left Bristol and was working as England manager so the investigations were on their watch. The suggestions seems to be that they just knew he'd been cleared, not what he'd been accused of...

So either they're a bunch of incompetents who should have properly read the full report or they're using it as an excuse to get rid of him...
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:20 - Sep 21 with 3678 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 18:00 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Probably worth pointing out that as none of us were there, nor are we privy to what allegations have actually been made, we have no idea what he's been accused of or whether it's true, which are usually quite important when rushing to judgement.

You could probably say that about many topics on this message board. Personally I think it's fine to offer an opinion without being in full possession of the facts.

Ironically the FA had all the facts at their disposal when they appointed Sampson but have only decided to judge him now. IMHO this is clearly a reaction to the Aluko affair and not a separate matter as FA chief executive Martin Glenn would have us believe.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:26 - Sep 21 with 3664 viewsLunarJetman

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:20 - Sep 21 by Benny_the_Ball

You could probably say that about many topics on this message board. Personally I think it's fine to offer an opinion without being in full possession of the facts.

Ironically the FA had all the facts at their disposal when they appointed Sampson but have only decided to judge him now. IMHO this is clearly a reaction to the Aluko affair and not a separate matter as FA chief executive Martin Glenn would have us believe.

Ironically you've say it's ok to offer an opinion without being in full possession of the facts and then got your facts wrong!

The facts weren't available to the FA when they appointed him.

"Sampson left Bristol Academy for the England job in December 2013 but it was in 2014 when the FA was made aware of the allegations concerning his inappropriate relationships. In March 2015 a safe-guarding panel cleared Sampson to continue to be a “participant in football” and sent him on a development and mentoring programme to emphasise the appropriate boundaries between coach and player."
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:27 - Sep 21 with 3658 viewstoboboly

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:19 - Sep 21 by LunarJetman

Well the allegations first came to light after he left Bristol and was working as England manager so the investigations were on their watch. The suggestions seems to be that they just knew he'd been cleared, not what he'd been accused of...

So either they're a bunch of incompetents who should have properly read the full report or they're using it as an excuse to get rid of him...

Ah I see. Just seen this from the FA;

"In 2014 there were concerns raised about Mark's time at Bristol Academy. These were investigated by the FA's safeguarding unit and Mark was cleared in terms of his suitability to continue in football in early 2015.

Let's be clear, Mark is not deemed to be a safeguarding threat in football. The problem is that when I read the full report of that just last week, the issue became one of Mark's conduct and it's really around the boundaries between a player and a coach.

On reading that report, I felt that what I saw was incompatible with the standards that we'd expect for someone to work at the FA."

So if the guy has been cleared, isn't deemed a risk and the incident was years ago then how can you sack him yet allow Ched Evans, Rooney, Marlon King etc etc to carry on playing within their leagues?

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:54 - Sep 21 with 3593 viewspaulparker

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:27 - Sep 21 by toboboly

"In 2014 there were concerns raised about Mark's time at Bristol Academy. These were investigated by the FA's safeguarding unit and Mark was cleared in terms of his suitability to continue in football in early 2015.

Let's be clear, Mark is not deemed to be a safeguarding threat in football. The problem is that when I read the full report of that just last week, the issue became one of Mark's conduct and it's really around the boundaries between a player and a coach.

On reading that report, I felt that what I saw was incompatible with the standards that we'd expect for someone to work at the FA."

So if the guy has been cleared, isn't deemed a risk and the incident was years ago then how can you sack him yet allow Ched Evans, Rooney, Marlon King etc etc to carry on playing within their leagues?

Martin Glenn is going to go down as the worst , most clueless and inept FA chairmen ever which actually takes some doing

first the big sam shambles and now Sampson , he is also letting talented lads like tammy abraham , Wilfred zaha, ola aina , ben woodburn slip through our fingers to join other countries , and left us with aidy hoofroyd and Gareth Southgate as custodians of our national game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:57 - Sep 21 with 3584 views1BobbyHazell

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:27 - Sep 21 by toboboly

I imagine he would be allowed to play football; being left in a position of power over young women in a high profile job, perhaps not so much.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:07 - Sep 21 with 3562 viewstoboboly

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:57 - Sep 21 by 1BobbyHazell

I imagine he would be allowed to play football; being left in a position of power over young women in a high profile job, perhaps not so much.

Just seems double standards to me, beat a woman in the street, be racist in a game to another player or kill someone whilst drunk and we couldn't care less if you are part of our organisation.

Do something that we investigate and clear you of but we don't like what you were accused of so will sack you.

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:15 - Sep 21 with 3545 viewsTHEBUSH

Who is Mark Sampson anyway, I've never heard of him, perhaps that's just me.

How come he got to manage England Ladies manager in the first place ?

Imo, that was the first mistake the FA made, as it should have been a woman manager.

Call me old fashioned, but how can a male coach go into the women's changing room and see everything and not be affected by what's going on ?

These days women's football has improved so much and I'm sure there are plenty of women football coaches who'd like that job.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 12:17]
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 3542 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 11:26 - Sep 21 by LunarJetman

Ironically you've say it's ok to offer an opinion without being in full possession of the facts and then got your facts wrong!

The facts weren't available to the FA when they appointed him.

"Sampson left Bristol Academy for the England job in December 2013 but it was in 2014 when the FA was made aware of the allegations concerning his inappropriate relationships. In March 2015 a safe-guarding panel cleared Sampson to continue to be a “participant in football” and sent him on a development and mentoring programme to emphasise the appropriate boundaries between coach and player."

Women in Football says it understands questions over Sampson's suitability for the role were brought to the attention of the FA during the recruitment process in 2013. The FA claim that they first became aware in 2014 and Sampson was cleared in 2015.

If the FA are so concerned with employees meeting certain standards then why appoint him in the first place? If, as they claim, they only became aware of the Bristol allegations in 2014, why not sack him then? The decision to sack him now is clearly linked to the Aluko affair and Martin Glenn's assertion that they are separate matters is disingenuous.

We may not have sufficient facts at our disposal right now to judge either Sampson or Aluko but one thing is clear - the FA have once again proven themselves to be wholly incompetent.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 13:53]
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:22 - Sep 21 with 3524 viewsMistication92

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:15 - Sep 21 by THEBUSH

Who is Mark Sampson anyway, I've never heard of him, perhaps that's just me.

How come he got to manage England Ladies manager in the first place ?

Imo, that was the first mistake the FA made, as it should have been a woman manager.

Call me old fashioned, but how can a male coach go into the women's changing room and see everything and not be affected by what's going on ?

These days women's football has improved so much and I'm sure there are plenty of women football coaches who'd like that job.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 12:17]

You're old-fashioned. That's kind of insulting to men TBH.
Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 3483 views1BobbyHazell

Mark Sampson forced to quit as England Ladies Manager on 12:07 - Sep 21 by toboboly

Just seems double standards to me, beat a woman in the street, be racist in a game to another player or kill someone whilst drunk and we couldn't care less if you are part of our organisation.

Do something that we investigate and clear you of but we don't like what you were accused of so will sack you.

Well if that's what you really think how about Aluko getting 'sacked' from playing for England just for answering questions put to her by the FA. Is that fair? Where is everyone's dismay at that?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-interview-race-diffic

As much as those others may be wronguns they don't play football for the FA and would never be given jobs by them so not strictly comparable. As for the 'investigations' see the above piece and also this one - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-fa-england-buck-pa

Not exactly thorough!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024