Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers 13:07 - Sep 21 with 7639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this racist?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:12 - Sep 21 with 6288 viewsWatford_Ranger

No but the FA hasn't been made to look stupid for about 18 hours so this was coming.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:15 - Sep 21 with 6273 viewsPunteR

No.

Next...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:43 - Sep 21 with 6196 viewspaulparker

Political correctness gone mad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:51 - Sep 21 with 6179 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:43 - Sep 21 by paulparker

It's madness gone mad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:00 - Sep 21 with 6157 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The irony is that England also play in white.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:05 - Sep 21 with 6132 viewsHayesender

Absolutely friggin crazy. Let's ban the all blacks while we're at it. And isn't the New Zealand football team called the all whites? Racist gits!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:10 - Sep 21 with 6119 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:43 - Sep 21 by paulparker

Quite a big difference between political correctness and rank idiocy.

Bare bones.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:12 - Sep 21 with 6108 viewstoboboly

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:10 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

Quite a big difference between political correctness and rank idiocy.

Not much to be honest these days.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:18 - Sep 21 with 6088 viewsfrancisbowles

Where is this all going to end?

As soon as a 'minority' achieves' something, they want something else. There is always more that needs to be done.

It's no wonder it is so hard to cross the first hurdle as it is usual for the 'floodgates' to open with more demands as soon as you do.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:23 - Sep 21 with 6068 viewsBoston

I'm changing my washing powder...farkin' whiter than white!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:35 - Sep 21 with 6046 viewsstevec

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:18 - Sep 21 by francisbowles

Where is this all going to end?

As soon as a 'minority' achieves' something, they want something else. There is always more that needs to be done.

It's no wonder it is so hard to cross the first hurdle as it is usual for the 'floodgates' to open with more demands as soon as you do.

Well the only ones 'fighting' it are mostly of our generation so probably not that much longer really.

Well lucky growing up in the 60's and 70's, happy days.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:48 - Sep 21 with 6009 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As ever, my usual reaction is that I don't understand why anyone gets upset by stupid acts like this. This should be recognised as a random action by an idiot somewhere. It doesn't harm anyone in the majority in any meaningful way, and from reading the article it (quite rightly) won't stop the use of the flag or the use of the phrase.

When I travelled away with Rangers my Irish tricolour was regularly taken down by stewards and police who called it "offensive" and "disgusting". It's actually a flag where the white signifies peace between Republican Green and Unionist Orange, but there was no telling these people that. They thought I was being racist and anti-English, I thought they were being idiotic and anti-Irish. But I never got upset about it as these are minor, random acts.

The broader and happier truth is that racism has been on the wane in my lifetime and that every generation moves further away from its evils. There'll always be minor actions along the way by people who might be upset or who might mean well but who somehow miss the point.

Let them at it. The stream only flows one way.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:55 - Sep 21 with 5988 viewsBoston

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:48 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

As ever, my usual reaction is that I don't understand why anyone gets upset by stupid acts like this. This should be recognised as a random action by an idiot somewhere. It doesn't harm anyone in the majority in any meaningful way, and from reading the article it (quite rightly) won't stop the use of the flag or the use of the phrase.

When I travelled away with Rangers my Irish tricolour was regularly taken down by stewards and police who called it "offensive" and "disgusting". It's actually a flag where the white signifies peace between Republican Green and Unionist Orange, but there was no telling these people that. They thought I was being racist and anti-English, I thought they were being idiotic and anti-Irish. But I never got upset about it as these are minor, random acts.

The broader and happier truth is that racism has been on the wane in my lifetime and that every generation moves further away from its evils. There'll always be minor actions along the way by people who might be upset or who might mean well but who somehow miss the point.

The FA....they missed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:58 - Sep 21 with 5981 viewsNW5Hoop

It's not PC gone mad. It's just idiotic. I remember being really irritated years and years ago when Joe Lovejoy in the Sunday Times sneered at Leeds fans' banners proclaiming their racial originL "Ilkley Whites" etc. FFS, don't be so stupid.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:06 - Sep 21 with 5949 viewsstevec

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:48 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Get your point and agree with a lot of it, but this particular act is indicative of people, nearly always white, who see racism where there is no racism.

And it happens time and time again.

It's not about getting upset, it's about challenging any kind of authority that wrongly thinks it can apply it's own set of rules to subjugate the public.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:26 - Sep 21 with 5896 viewsdaveB

I'm deeply offended when fans sing Red Army, they are clearly taking the piss out of my sun burnt arms.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:33 - Sep 21 with 5880 viewskensalriser

Life is full of jobsworth types who love to impose rules and regulations for the sake of it without a thought to the whys and wherefores or the application of any common sense.

Still, let's not miss an opportunity to be angry middle aged men.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:42 - Sep 21 with 5855 viewshopphoops

BBC news stories always link to more interesting ones:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41327420

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:45 - Sep 21 with 5845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:06 - Sep 21 by stevec

Get your point and agree with a lot of it, but this particular act is indicative of people, nearly always white, who see racism where there is no racism.

It's not about getting upset, it's about challenging any kind of authority that wrongly thinks it can apply it's own set of rules to subjugate the public.

Down-arrowed you by mistake, Steve, before up-arrowing you which is what I meant to do.

Good points. I don't personally think that these instances are intended to subjugate anyone but that's in the eye of the beholder, I realise.

Good post, though.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 16:57 - Sep 21 with 5718 viewsStanisgod

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 14:23 - Sep 21 by Boston

I'm changing my washing powder...farkin' whiter than white!

Just thrown all my Whitesnake and Black Sabbath albums away. !! Racist bast#rds

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 16:59 - Sep 21 with 5715 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 17:02 - Sep 21 with 5702 viewsBenny_the_Ball

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 15:06 - Sep 21 by stevec

Agree with this. It' says a lot about the kind of people who have handled the Sampson / Aluko situation. They are more concerned about their own reputation (and the sponsorship at stake) than tackling real issues. They see risks where they don't exist and when issues arise their default response is to sweep it under the carpet.
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 21:49 - Sep 21 with 5497 viewssmegma

The FA is not fit for purpose
FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 08:30 - Sep 22 with 5241 viewsDorse

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 16:57 - Sep 21 by Stanisgod

Just thrown all my Whitesnake and Black Sabbath albums away. !! Racist bast#rds

Now it's the LGBT Community excluding white and black!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 09:47 - Sep 22 with 5170 viewscaliforniahoop

FA covers up 'Super White Army' banner at Tranmere Rovers on 13:12 - Sep 21 by Watford_Ranger

No but the FA hasn't been made to look stupid for about 18 hours so this was coming.

That's a 20/10 response, lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024